Whatever happened to Cars Land

Cars is a spent property, unfortunately. Although I personally thought Cars 3 was really good, it actually lost money for the studio and all reports point to the once-powerful merchandise sales as weak these days.

Cars is not one of our favourites but to be fair came after DS and DD were of an age to watch all the new animations so it doesn't hold quite the same place in our hearts. DMIL on the other hand loves just about everything. We all had to laugh one visit when, having watched a Disney Diet including Lion King, Jungle Book, Little Mermaid and so on she asked for another animated film. We put on Cars. Within 10 minutes she was sitting with a face like thunder. Anything wrong we enquired? "Talking cars! Whoever heard of such a thing' was her response!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Mrs TT

the Launch Bay itself seems pretty big .. take away some back-stage areas and the plot of land is decent for a new attraction or two and using the "Courtyard" as a new entrance or hosting other new attractions.

It's a dream, but definitely seems like a waste to leave that building empty surrounded by two old and not-so-popular shows.
Maybe redo the whole area to a Disney Junior themed area.

Love the Disney Jr. idea!

Cars is definitely not my favourite Disney property. That being said, Carsland is amazing! But I agree with PPs. Keep it specific to the west coast.

Now Monstropolis.... that would thrill the pants off me! Every time this rumour circulates my brain box goes on imagineering overload.

Cars land is amazing. My son and husband would love it to come over to Walt Disney world.

There are still rumors of a "Shanghai POTC" coming to DHS, to replace potentially Indy show.
More than any other rumors I’ve heard concerning the Studios this is the one I hope is true. Shanghai POTC is amazing looking ride. An Indy version thrown into everything else they are doing in the Studios seems too good to be true.

More than any other rumors I’ve heard concerning the Studios this is the one I hope is true. Shanghai POTC is amazing looking ride. An Indy version thrown into everything else they are doing in the Studios seems too good to be true.

With a new Indy movie in the works, I don't see them giving up on the stunt show just yet.... last time I went it was packed.

I agree that even with TSL and SWL.. the studio needs something else. But probable not as badly as Epcot and Animal Kingdom do. And have to remember much of this construction is due to the 50th, once that's done we might be back to ignoring the parks for a while.

Was also a rumor about getting rid of the Speedway at MK and that possible being a site for some of the Cars Land's attractions.... Lot's of ideas get thrown out, some get investigated to consider the viability. Then they approve something like TRON (which I love) - but don't see MK needing another E-ticket Roller Coaster. Going into a computer world... kinda as EPCOT all over it, and EPCOT could sure have used an E-Ticket Attraction.. Sometimes I think that the use of dartboards comes into play...

The Indy show still pulls some crowds, and if last visit was anytime in the past couple years, the attraction being packed was probably just as much to do with lack of other attractions in the park as the show itself pulling in people. The stunt show would be a bit better I think if it got updated but it has been the same since the park opened. And looking at the Indy dark rides from California and Japan, they are popular for the attraction itself and the immersive theming. While some might miss the show and it would pull Indy out of the park around the time of a new movie, think a vast majority of people overall would prefer it and it would draw more crowds overall. And with them trying to change from a studio park to immersive lands the stunt show is routed very firmly in the old studio style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter