What's a "Good" Flight Fare from YYZ or BUF?

MJMickey

Earning My Ears
We're heading to WDW the 2nd week of November and staying at POFQ for 1 week. Just wondering what would be a good price to look for from Toronto or Buffalo. Right now, for any decent flight times, I'm looking at 420 to 500 pp. Thx!

I think you might now be in that zone (under 6 months) where you need to be looking for seat sales from Toronto. Not sure about Buffalo.

Use a price tracker like google flights or kayak to, well, keep track of prices. The cost can fluctuate a bit, so if you see a price that you're comfortable with, I'd suggest purchasing.

If you're willing to fly Frontier, I just priced out Nov 2-10 at $166USD pp. Leaving on the 9th bumped the price a lot, but leaving the 8th or 10th was cheap.

I generally never pay more than 350 per person. Except for the one time I flew with only a weeks notice and then it was 450. Those are flights out of Toronto, Buffalo and Hamilton.

ETA: That's round trip. The next trip I have is August 24th to Sept 3rd. For 3 of us to fly non stop return to Orlando on SW was 1034 CAD. I had an even better deal for this month bit had to change my trip to August and it bumped the price up about 300 cad.

Last edited:

i always choose Buffalo, even though it is twice as far as Toronto is for me. I can usually get return airfare to and from Orlando (no stops) for around $200 USD . For our trip in Sept I paid $849US for 4 tickets

If you're willing to fly Frontier, I just priced out Nov 2-10 at $166USD pp. Leaving on the 9th bumped the price a lot, but leaving the 8th or 10th was cheap.

This - our July trip for 3 with baggage (one checked one carry-on) and and seat selection (DW is terrified we'll be split up) came to $467.94 USD. We've used them twice in the last year and they always leave on time and arrive when they're supposed to, and the planes are clean and basically brand new.

We used to fly Southwest every trip but with Frontier being less than half the price even after paying additional for everything we've switched.

wow i will try frontier next time, for the trip i have already booked i could have paid $350US with frontier for the 4 of us!

Just make sure you account for the additional fees (even carry-ons are additional. The flight I posted earlier the flight cost was $263.94, the seat selection was $74.00, and baggage was $130.00) and to get the best deals you need to pay for the discount den membership but overall I've found the cost to be significantly less than Southwest or Jetblue.

I'm pretty sure our last flight with them the total for the 3 of us was less than the cost of one flight out of Toronto even after exchange.

I've looked I to Frontier a few times because of the cost but the lack of flights and horror stories I hear make me worry so much I can't bite the bullet.

Moral of the story don't just factor in the monetary cost but also flexibility, scheduling, what would work for you and peace of mind.

I really like southwest out of Buffalo. When I've priced flights out of Toronto, Buffalo, Hamilton and Detroit southwest is usually the best deal by far after fees etc. I like Southwest as an airline and have had great experiences with them so I'll continue to fly with them as long as the price is close.

Thanks everyone for your experiences. I've been noticing that flights are around the $400+ for Toronto or Buffalo. I have figured out that some airlines haven't released their winter schedule so I'm wondering if that is keeping the prices on the higher end instead of what a lot of you have said (ie. closer to $300). I'm keeping my eye on it for now and will jump and anything if there is a dip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!