What's been your earliest check in time?

Tallis

DIS Veteran
We usually take our time getting to the Fort, and don't arrive until late afternoon. This trip, we want to come earlier in the day. I know we can park in overflow and be texted our site, but would be nice to get set up earlier since we have a pop up and it's a bit of work.

We'll be arriving on the 1st of December, but only have weekday passes, which is why we are not usually in a hurry to get there. We always arrive on a Sunday. This time, however, there are some things I want to do on Sunday and would rather set up first and not have that to come back to.

I know there are never any guarantees, but just curious what other people's experiences have been. We are not picky about site. Any site will do on either pop up/tent loop.

"The Official Next Day" at Disney Resorts rolls over at 6am.

So 605am is technically the earliest you can check in (if a room/site at your reserved level is available at that time).

I've arrived at the Fort plenty of times 630am or thereabouts. I've waited for a site because I wanted a specific loop (requested in my room only reservation) and of course it's a function of what sites were empty the night before and/or who is leaving that day. Some loops I know my favorite sites and am willing to wait for those if someone is leaving that morning.

So Tallis, it depends on how picky you are once you arrive (or show arrival on the Early On-line checkin). A specific loop? one of a few sites? or will you take First Available at the level you reserved? Of course, a site has to be available to offer to you (empty the night before or cleaned and prepped that morning). The CM's at Check-In are pretty relaxed at 630am in the morning when I've rolled in. Be pleasant, positive, willing to wait if you are offered what you want, don't be demanding, or take first available at that level.

Bama Ed

PS - you catch a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar......

Last edited:
Normally around 7:30AM. If requested loop is not available, anything will do fine because we are at FW.

Earliest was after a phone call to the Outpost asking if we could head over early due to hurricane evacuation being called for where we live. We were told to "Come On Home" and arrived shortly after 4AM. Backed in, quietly hooked up electric/water and slept with slides in.

PS - you catch a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar......

I'm always nice. I would never be rude or demanding with anyone, especially at WDW. It's my happy place.

Not picky about loop or site. Anything will do, it's just a place to sleep for us this trip.

Thanks for the info! We won't likely be there quite that early so will miss out on those sites that were cleared the night previous. But good to know we could be there that early.

Normally around 7:30AM. If requested loop is not available, anything will do fine because we are at FW.

Hey John, running in January? Not me.

I gave the you official Disney computer system answer, Tallis. That's the limit of what Disney has to go by. But as John says, if sites are available the "human factor" (and I bet he is smooth on the phone at 4am ::yes:: ) can get you in early. Disney Cast Members try to please if they can and if it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg. And I think campers are generally a little more laid back and easy going so your chances are good if you show up early and something is available.

Bama Ed

PS - it just depends on if you want any specifics or not. Good luck.

Hey John, running in January? Not me.

I gave the you official Disney computer system answer, Tallis. That's the limit of what Disney has to go by. But as John says, if sites are available the "human factor" (and I bet he is smooth on the phone at 4am ::yes:: ) can get you in early. Disney Cast Members try to please if they can and if it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg. And I think campers are generally a little more laid back and easy going so your chances are good if you show up early and something is available.

Bama Ed

PS - it just depends on if you want any specifics or not. Good luck.

Evening Ed,

No Marathon Weekend at all. Cancelled our January visit since knees are too bad to enjoy the marathon. No More McFlurry John.

We got there a little after 6am, got our site about 9am. One time got there at 6am got our site 2pm. Both times we were looking for specific placement in a loop.

We got there a little after 6am, got our site about 9am. One time got there at 6am got our site 2pm. Both times we were looking for specific placement in a loop.
If i decide to wait for a specific loop, is there a place i should park while waiting?

A couple of years ago, the DW and I were traveling to the Fort about a week or so after a hurricane had hit the east coast. Our original plans were to stay somewhere around Columbia SC to Savannah Ga. When the DW started looking for hotels, we could not find any that had vacancy or room to park the truck and camper. The couple of rooms that we did find were around $300 for the night. Wasn't going to happen. We ended up driving straight thru to the Fort and arrived at 6:00 AM. The guard told us to pull up to the inside registration office. We were inside by 6:05 AM talking to a CM. She got out her "book" and we looked at the sites that were currently available along with their dimensions and by 6:30 AM we were on our way to our site. The only problem was that I had a toy hauler at the time and we had to get our golf cart and motorcycle out in order to set up the camper. Hated the thoughts of waking up the neighborhood. That day, I went to my neighbors and apologized for the early morning noise. There response was simply...……"Hi, my name is -----. Glad to have you as a neighbor". :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 One of the many reasons we love to camp, especially at the Fort.

Steve

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!