Whats Better Than Champagne and OJ? A May '18 PTR COMPLETE 5/12

I read through pages 3 - 6 this morning and I'm EXHAUSTED :). JK.

haha girl, you and me both! :D

Glad to see most everything is resolved, especially since you're/we're so close to our departure dates!!! :cloud9:

Thank you! My dad is the only one communicating with my brother/SIL and he's just tip toeing around them and focusing on the kids bc he doesn't want my brother to get mad and take the trip away from my nephew.

DS was a grump most of the trip (turns out he was stressed to be missing a week of school - even though he cleared it with all his teachers and guidance counselor - and a week of basketball and he still had to finish his college applications :sad2:) so I am really looking forward to this trip!

UGH.... grumps are the worst! Being in high school is so hard, I can't imagine all the things that were going through his head!

We're staying at the Boardwalk villas in 2 studios. We've never done this before so it will be interesting.

WHAT?! AMAZING!

I've got to update my spreadsheet (yes, I have one, too) for any EMH I may not have seen!

OOO yes! I got another email from Touring Plans yesterday and AK has added morning EMH (8am opening) for 5/15, 5/16, 5/18 and 5/19 ... maybe 5/20 too...

Oh, and I'm also in MA and loving this mini-warm stretch we are FINALLY having!

OOO yes! Mini warm weather = life! Now if I could find my warm weather body.... hahahahahah! Seriously it's supposed to be 67 tomorrow! I might be time to get the yard furniture out... maybe.

THE GF IN JUNE YAAASSS!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

You'll LOVE it omg... Although it is dangerous... The trip after my September 2016 trip I stayed at All Star Music and it was definitely a culture shock :rotfl2:

awww yes!! I think we're missing you by a week or so? BOOO. I can't imagine GF to AsSports.... you poor thing! Since staying at the Beach Club last may, DH declared that he won't stay anywhere else from now.... although once he heard the words 'my work is paying for the GF' he agreed to the GF lol!

Joining in late. Your plans sound wonderful and I can't wait to read more.

:welcome:

Yay so happy to have you here!! Thank you for the kind words! Our countdown is at 20 days! SO CLOSE! Stay tuned for an up date today (or tomorrow if I get lazy lol)

I didn't realize I was almost a month behind, but I'm back now!! :yay:

so I had to cancel Maine, and can't join DH to Slovakia.

BUT I'M STILL GOING TO DISNEY!
Aww, sorry your other trips got cancelled, but YAY Disney!! :cool1:

In other news I'm ordering these shirts for us to wear for at least 5 min to take a picture :rotfl:

screen-shot-2018-04-02-at-6-34-51-am-png.313999

If anyone on here can make four of them for me for less than $60 let me know :rotfl2:
I wish I had read this sooner. I can make these for much less. I know you're getting really close to your trip, but if for some reason you haven't ordered them yet and still want them, insta-message me.

The extended hours make me so happy, particularly because we only have four park days and I want to do EVERYTHING! #notgoingtohappen
Yay! More Disney time!! :thumbsup2

I am SO happy that because of EMH MK is open until 12am on our last night! Our driver is scheduled to pick us at 4am for the airport the next day... so who needs sleep? :laughing:
I'm the same way. I try to cram as much Disney into our last day as possible. I can sleep at home! :rotfl:

I'm going back to Disney 6/24-6/28 for a work conference!

Even better.... we're staying at the Grand Floridian... I've died and gone to heaven
I am soooo jealous!!! You are going twice before my next trip!! :eek:

I tt my Dad about this conference last night and told him I want upgrade to an AP while we're there in May as I think it'll only be $300 or $400... and he said, "well we can just put that on my credit card, for an early wedding anniversary gift"

Oh Dad, I love you. :goodvibes
Best Dad EVER!!!!

Mickey Mail, etc.

Only 18 more days until this trip gets started! Our magic bands came in the mail last week... look at these beauts

Magic Bands.jpg

Mine is red, Adam has blue, my Dad got grey and my mom chose pink. My parents thought it was hilarious that I had 'Grandpa' and 'Gram' put on their bands :thumbsup2

These cute luggage tags came with the magic bands

Luggage Tags.jpg

I love them!

As for our ADR and FP plans you'll be surprised to know that I've left them alone!

Everyone is really excited to go on this trip - every time I talk to my parents Dad asks me 'how many days left?!" and he says funny things like, "only two more weekend until we're on the big bird" (aka: the airplane :laughing:) . Mom told my last night that she watches YouTube videos every morning with her coffee and read about there being a door mat in the Muppets 3D queue that has a key under it... :scratchin

I love how excited they are!

I sent Adam a screen shot of our countdown yesterday and he responded "yesss" which, I think is as much excitement as I'm going to get out of a 14 year old boy :rotfl2:

I know he is really excited, he just doesn't say much

June Trip

Ummm can we discuss how great of a view every single room at the GF has?!

I've been looking at TP room finder and every single room looks amazing!

giphy.gif

Today is our FP+ day... but we don't have tickets yet so no FP making! This trip is really going to force me to not over plan every single minute...the horror.

DH gets back from Slovakia tomorrow, so this weekend we need to decide if we're going to add an extra day before/after the conference and hopefully book flights.

Has anyone flown spirit airline? How was your experience? They have cheap flights but I don't want to deal with constantly delayed flights, etc

Thats it for now! I'm going to try to get 1-2 more updates in before we leave... I was going to do an update with my planned outfits... do people care about that type of stuff? Let me know!

Last edited:

Has anyone flown spirit airline? How was your experience? They have cheap flights but I don't want to deal with constantly delayed flights, etc

I just flew Spirit for the first time last month. We were delayed a little bit due to deicing the plane (it was 23 degrees in Pittsburgh when we were leaving), but arrived in good time to Orlando. They are very much a budget airline. If you do not pay for the larger seats at the front of the plane, expect to get really close with the people you are sitting with. The seats are small and there not any leg room at all. I'm not very tall, and my knees were nearly touching the seat in front of me. Also, the 'tray' of the seat is no bigger than an e-reader. It was tiny.

The airline is efficient, we were able to board the plane, and deal with everything quickly even with the delays, and my flight back was a lot smoother.

I have had awful experiences with them out of Boston, they also charge you for everything, so i would take that into your budget

I know you're getting really close to your trip, but if for some reason you haven't ordered them yet and still want them, insta-message me.

Aww thanks! Apparently no one (except me) really wanted to wear the shirts so I never ordered them :drinking1But thank you so much for the offer <3 <3

I am soooo jealous!!! You are going twice before my next trip!! :eek:

haha you will be there in spirit!

Best Dad EVER!!!!

Right?! The benefits of my parents not tt my older brother is money is split two ways instead of three :rotfl2:

just flew Spirit for the first time last month. We were delayed a little bit due to deicing the plane (it was 23 degrees in Pittsburgh when we were leaving), but arrived in good time to Orlando. They are very much a budget airline. If you do not pay for the larger seats at the front of the plane, expect to get really close with the people you are sitting with. The seats are small and there not any leg room at all. I'm not very tall, and my knees were nearly touching the seat in front of me. Also, the 'tray' of the seat is no bigger than an e-reader. It was tiny.

Thanks for your review! DH is 6'2... I have a feeling those seats would not fly for him... no pun intended! The tray I could go without..

I have had awful experiences with them out of Boston, they also charge you for everything, so i would take that into your budget

Thanks for your review! I'm thinking we're going to keep looking for a 'sale' and skip Spirit...

I’d like to see your outfits!

Yay! I'll do a post next weekend! :cheer2:

We're So Close, I Can Smell The Disney Water - Only 8 Non Disney Days Left!

giphy.gif

I read some tips on here on how to save your phone's battery life in the parks, and one of the tips was to make your screen saver a screen shot of your FP times so you don't have to keep opening the MDE app/WDW website. I went a step further and made a collage screen shot for each day of our trip that includes our ADR times. I used the 'layout' app and it was a little cumbersome but I think it's going to be really helpful! I'll change my screen saver every morning. Plus I can send them to my Mom and Adam (my dad doesn't have a smartphone...) to use too... or maybe they'll think I'm too neurotic? haha!

Sunday.jpeg Monday.jpeg

C0EDA6E1-6B5C-49F1-BD8E-D0267EBD0252.JPG Wednesday.jpeg

Up next... Disney Outfits!

Attachments

• 8 days.jpg
    8 days.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Wednesday.jpeg
    Wednesday.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Disney Outfits

Even though we aren't leaving for another 8 days, I already started the process of packing. I won't have time to pack the day before we leave (Saturday) as my parents and Adam will be arriving here before lunch so DH and I will be entertaining them... and during the week after work I'm pretty lazy :rolleyes1

teal shirt.jpeg

I just bought this teal top for $9.99 at TJ Maxx this week and I LOVE how it goes with every single pair of shorts I'm brining! I bought those orange-y shorts at TJ Maxx also this week for $12.99. My legs are NOT in the best shape, so I'm not sure how they'll look or if I'll end up wearing them... we'll see.

romper.jpeg

Ok so I need to iron...:rolleyes1

I bought this romper last year from Marshalls and have only worn it once! It's really comfortable! My flower shorts are American Eagle Outfitters brand but I also got them at Marhalls last years for $12.99. YESS! My white v neck t shirt is from Target

dresses.jpeg

I'm packing these three dresses for dinner... the first dress is from Target and is really light weight, I plan on wearing it to our dinner at Hollywood & Vine. The middle dress (blue) is Kate Spade, this is my Yachtsman dinner dress. Finally, the long red one is from Forever 21 and I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet! I bought it for a wedding I was in in 2013... the couple has since divorced. Let that sink in- my dress from Forever 21 has out lived a married. Try to hold it together :rotfl2: (pun intended). Anyway, I'm probably going to wear this dress to our Cape May Cafe dinner the last night.

Flip flops.jpeg

I also have a pair just like the ones with white straps except in black I'm going to pack. I wear flip flops in the parks no problem!

bathing suit.jpeg

Bathing suits! Ok the blue one with moose is REALLY old and from Abercrombie and Fitch... pretty sure after 21 you aren't allowed to wear A&F. BUT the suit is really comfortable, and I hate putting on a wet suit so if my other one is wet I'm wearing this puppy...lol! The other top has two bottoms that match it and all three pieces are from Victorias Secret. The blue striped top is a tunic from J Crew that I use a cover up... and I have a pink cover up as well but somehow it didnt make it into the photo shoot :earseek:

I'm definitely stealing the itinerary screenshot idea! Your outfits are really cute - - all I could think of was sunburnt shoulders (my lily white skin would char in those tops, so I'm packing mostly t-shirts).

Great idea about the screenshot of fastpasses! I may have to do that as well.

Thanks! I'll be sure to report back how well it works! :thumbsup2

I'm definitely stealing the itinerary screenshot idea!

Steal away! :goodvibes

Your outfits are really cute - - all I could think of was sunburnt shoulders (my lily white skin would char in those tops, so I'm packing mostly t-shirts).

Thanks! haha SPF 50 is where its at! I recently had an appointment with a rheumatologist and for some reason he was looking at the skin on my forehead and goes, "hmmm. wow. you're REALLY pale. Are you always this pale? Do you burn in the sun? Don't answer that, of course you get sunburns. Do you get ill in the sun?"

Umm sorry sir but its been winter for the last 4232 months here in MA, so I really haven't had time to get my tan on :rotfl2:

Can't believe your trip is so close! You know its real when you can go into full on packing mode.

So close to your trip!!!! Love the screen shot idea. My phone is so old that my battery dies so quickly.

I love your dresses. I may have to go to TJ Maxx this week!!

Can't believe your trip is so close! You know its real when you can go into full on packing mode.

YES! I like to think I can handle packing without a list but I'll end up running around like a crazy(ier) lady Saturday morning so I made a packing list :goodvibes I also made a google doc that I shared with DH that has a cleaning check list we need to get done before my parents/Adam arrive on Saturday... ya know, so he can't say he doesn't know what needs to be done :rotfl2:

So close to your trip!!!! Love the screen shot idea. My phone is so old that my battery dies so quickly.

Thanks! This is my first trip with the iphone 8, so I hope the battery lasts longer than my previous trips with the 5S:rotfl2: BUT since my phone is also my camera, I don't like to leave it in the room charging during pool time, etc.

I love your dresses. I may have to go to TJ Maxx this week!!

YES!! I love me some TJ Maxx! Also it doesn't help my wallet that they just put a new one in next to the supermarket I go to...let me know what you find!

Thanks! This is my first trip with the iphone 8, so I hope the battery lasts longer than my previous trips with the 5S:rotfl2: BUT since my phone is also my camera, I don't like to leave it in the room charging during pool time, etc.

YES!! I love me some TJ Maxx! Also it doesn't help my wallet that they just put a new one in next to the supermarket I go to...let me know what you find!

I’ve got a 6s right now and I’m hoping that it stays alive for October and January

I definitely will!! Yes we have one right by the Market Basket we shop at and I always forget about it.

The Last Update

Hey everyone- its officially pre travel day! I spent the morning cleaning my house and getting ready for my parents and Adam to arrive, they should be here any minute!

Hopefully everyone will be in a good mood when they arrive (fingers crossed!) Originally my Dad wanted to pick Adam up right after school yesterday but he ended up having a baseball game so my Dad went to watch that and they got my parents around 7pm. My Dad called me from the ball game all stressed out.. apparently their neighbor's dog got loose (this dog is obsessed with my Dad) so my Dad took the dog to the baseball game but he kept whining and pooped lol. My parents don't do well with pets/babies/anything stressful... how they raised 3 of us, IDK!

Anyhoo my Mom wasn't allowed to go to the game because my Dad and I didn't trust her not to made a snide comment to my brother/sister in law so we told her she couldn't go ... :goodvibes

Thank you all so much for reading along, all of your suggestions and for helping me over plan this trip :rotfl2:

I'll be sure to update this PTR once I have a link our TR! And if if want some updates during our trip, feel free to follow me on instagram/snapchat (names in my signature)

XOXO

Ashlee

YAY!!!! Less than 24 hours to go!!! I am so excited for you!! :yay:

Is it too late to stow away in your suitcase?? :rotfl:

All of your outfits look fantastic!! Can't wait to follow along on Instagram! Be sure to have a drink for me!! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter