Whats Better Than Champagne and OJ? A May '18 PTR COMPLETE 5/12

That sounds great, getting your continuing education in and getting some Disney time!

YES!! Turns out the conference is only $175 if I sign up by March-something, I just need to make sure the amount of continuing education credits are 'worth it'. I need 125 credits every 5 years, so as much I want my work to pay for me to go to Disney, 4 years from now I don't want to be paying out of pocket for conferences! That would leave me with $2825 for hotel, my flight and my food. OOP cost would be DH's flight, his food, park tickets. I think we'll have enough Jetblue points to cover his flight by then tho... I'm rambling. sorry. :rotfl:

I LOVE that so many professional conferences are in Orlando!! That would be an amazing time to go to Disney!

Sorry about the family drama--reminds me of some peaches in my family, so i can totally relate! But good that no matter what, you're going!

Yes its so great so many conferences are in Orlando! There is one I could go to at CSR 5/9-5/12 but since we're leaving 5/13 I don't want to be away my DH and fur baby that long lol.

Thanks for the supportive words, things are definitely getting better, but I really think that a lot of permanent damage has been done. Not to sound 'fake' but I am so fortunate for DH, fur baby and our future family. And that we live 4 hours away from these people! haha! I can't change others, but I can make sure it ends with us. My little family will not act like this.

YES!!!! I'll be there those days too!!! #theashleesdodisneyindecember party:

omg best hashtag ever!! Clearly this needs to happen!!

Aw I think I’ll miss you by a few days again :sad2: We’ll be there nov 30th to dec 8th

What. The. Heck. :confused3

I'm a little late to the party, but I am following along!

Sorry to hear about all of the family stuff - hoping it all works out in the end and it sounds like you have the right attitude - make it your trip regardless!

After last fall, I thought it would be a while before I got back to my happy place, but life changed quickly and I am headed back 5/12-5/19 at the BC as well (villas)! I am so looking forward to being "home." I am ready to start making some new memories with Family and Friends - and it will definitely start by enjoying multiple Fiesta Margaritas (which have been absent the last two trips for me!) and probably a Mimosa or two with my mom!

If our paths cross, I will be sure to say hello! Enjoy your trip and I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

5/13: Magic Kingdom

After getting to the Beach Club and dropping our luggage off with Bell Services, we'll be off to Magic Kingdom! I seriously love starting our vacations here :cutie:

Right now we are planning on having lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern - a first for everyone except me!

This is DH's favorite TS, and we ate here twice last trip :earseek:

It's not a 'must do' for me, but I find the food good and the atmosphere is fun, I think everyone will enjoy!

LTT_Exterior.jpg

(thank you Allears.net for the pic!)

I am gluten free, so I've been reading menus on Gluten Free & Dairy Free WDW which been a lot of help! For an appetizer I want to try:

Crab and Lobster Dip for Two with Rice Flour Bread – $15.00
For Gluten/Wheat, Egg, and Peanut/Tree Nut Allergies

Unfortunately for Mom, the only dairy free appetizer available is salad, which she won't eat lettuce on vacation :rotfl2:

I've always eaten the Patriot Platter here, so I'd like to try something different this time. Any suggestions?

The Vegetarian Proclamation – Roasted Seasonal Vegetable Sandwich, fresh Greens, and Tomatoes topped with a Tangy Vegan Mayonnaise Spread with fresh Fruit or Sweet Potato Fries – $14.00
For Egg, Fish/Shellfish, Milk, and Peanut/Tree Nut Allergies

This sounds delicious! I'm not a vegetarian but I do like vegetables! haha!

Dessert:
Seasonal Fruit Cobbler – Baked Seasonal Fruits with a crisp Topping and Homemade Ice Cream – $8.50

For Peanut/Tree Nut and Soy Allergies

Delicious!

After lunch, we're going to head to Mom's favorite attraction...

THE HAUNTED MANSION!

This is a fun family ride we can all enjoy together

Afterwards, I know Mom will want to visit Memento Mori

Frontierland

- BTMRR if wait is 30 min or less (if not we'll try to get a 4th FP later)

- Splash Mtn if the wait is 30 min or less and The Nephews want to (Mom and The Nephews will ride this- Dad and I won't. We'll go try to find a beer somewhere... are they selling beer in MK yet or just a TS restaurants?)

Adventureland

- POTC (FP) one of the family's favorites!

The first time Dad rode this I was sitting between him and Mom and during the beginning where theres that little drop he freaked out and grabbed my thigh and left claw marks :rotfl:

Swiss Family Tree House & Magic Carpets of Aladdin Carpet are on the 'maybe' list, depending on what everyone wants to do.

I know what I'll want to do... get a dole whip! The first (and only) time I tried a dole whip was January 2017, and while it was very good, the weather cold so I feel like I'll enjoy it more when its hot outside!

3pm Festival of Fantasy Parade

I know that Dad will definitely want to see this parade, and hopefully The Nephews will, too.

After the parade, we'll have to decide if we want to head back to the hotel, unpack and use the pool before dinner or if we want to stay in the park a little longer. If we do decide to stay in the park, I'm hoping it'll be time to use our 7DMT FP. Fingers crossed!

New Fantasyland

Hopefully we'll have time to enjoy New Fantasyland either before or after Festival of Fantasy Parade. Must dos for New Fantasyland are:

- 7DMT

Dad doesn't like rollercoasters, so he'll wait for us on a bench somewhere with other dads/grandpas that don't do rollercoasters :laughing: One of his knees has really been hurting him lately so it'll be good for him to have a break for a bit.

-Under The Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid

I really like this ride, and its not usually a long wait so I'd like to get this attraction in

By then it will definitely be time to head back to the Beach Club!

The kids and I will plan on enjoying Stormalong Bay while The Parents unpack etc. Dad/Grandpa might join us at the pool too, and eventually Mom/Gram will too. DH and I enjoyed the quiet pool a lot in May, but I know The Nephews will want to go to Stormalong Bay.

Aunt Ashlee's beverage of choice for this family fun time:

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 7.59.00 PM.png

Give me all of the tequila please. :hyper::hyper:

After pool time we need to get ready for our dinner plans... the first time in forever:

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 7.35.57 PM.png

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Appetizer:

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

I love shrimp cocktail, so even if this wasn't the only GF option, I'd order it! Yum!

Entree:
1.5 lb Live Maine Lobster – Broiled or Thermidor Style / Risotto / Butter / Lemon – $62

For Gluten/Wheat, Fish, Peanut/Tree Nut, and Soy Allergies

Love me some lobster!

I'm not sure why any of the steaks aren't listed as being safe for those with 'milk' allergies, because Mom has had no problem ordering steaks at other Disney (and non Disney) restaurants because they can typically use DF butter or olive oil. I digress.

Dessert:

Creme Brulee – Vanilla Custard / Mixed Berries – $10
For Gluten/Wheat, Peanut/Tree Nut, and Soy Allergies

Alcoholic beverage (thats included in the DxDP so I basically *have to* lol)

Not sure because all I can find online for options is wine by the glass... which I will def order if that's all that there is! haha!

5/13 Nighttime Plans... up next!

Phew, I'm exhausted since thinking about our plans! Thanks for sticking with me through this very, very wordy post :earseek:

Last edited:
  • I'm a little late to the party, but I am following along!

Sorry to hear about all of the family stuff - hoping it all works out in the end and it sounds like you have the right attitude - make it your trip regardless!

After last fall, I thought it would be a while before I got back to my happy place, but life changed quickly and I am headed back 5/12-5/19 at the BC as well (villas)! I am so looking forward to being "home." I am ready to start making some new memories with Family and Friends - and it will definitely start by enjoying multiple Fiesta Margaritas (which have been absent the last two trips for me!) and probably a Mimosa or two with my mom!

If our paths cross, I will be sure to say hello! Enjoy your trip and I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

:welcome:

So happy to have you here!

Thank you for your kind words about the family drama <3

AHH we'll be at the BC at the same time!! I'm so happy you are heading back and looking forward to you trip! If we run unto each other, a Fiesta Margarita is on me!

Or, ya know, even if we don't run into each other we can have a virtual margarita date, yes? :p

5/13: Night Time Plans

We will all be exhausted after waking up so early and bellies full from dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse won't help with the energy level... but I'm not about to give up! My goal for our trip is to see all a nighttime show at each park :cheer2:

After dinner The Parents will likely call it a night and head to the hotel room for the night... but I plan on watching Happily Ever After! I made an ADR for 5 of us for 9:40pm at Cali Grill for dessert incase The Parents decide to join us... but I'll most likely end up changing this to 2 or 3 depending on how many nephews want to join me. Mom might end up coming with us... who knows.

IF, for some reason, we decide that we are just too tired to head over to the Contemporary (or if time is too tight!) we still have the option to waltz over to the International Gateway and catch Illuminations.

AHH so many fireworks. So excited.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hope your family drama is clearing up as you're getting so close to your trip!!! Looks like FP time should be right around the corner.

Love your first day plans. LTT is one of our MK favs, especially now that they have beer :drinking1 The colony salad is my favorite there if anyone can tolerate salad on vacation :-) The fish and chips is quite good too.

And totally loving the fact that you can have Yachtsman and CG all on the same night. Amazing idea!

:welcome:

Thank you for your kind words about the family drama <3

AHH we'll be at the BC at the same time!! I'm so happy you are heading back and looking forward to you trip! If we run unto each other, a Fiesta Margarita is on me!

Or, ya know, even if we don't run into each other we can have a virtual margarita date, yes? :p

Sounds excellent!!! Only 10 weeks to go, so excited!!

Hope your family drama is clearing up as you're getting so close to your trip!!!

Thank you! My parents are finally back in a good place, although the ground is still a little shakey, I think spending their 32nd anniversary in Disney is exactly what they need :love:

Looks like FP time should be right around the corner.

YES!! FP+ day is 3/14 for us! Stay tuned for a " FP+ wish list " post coming soon!

LTT is one of our MK favs, especially now that they have beer :drinking1

Aww! DH LOOOVES LTT! Beer? MK? Family? I'm there! :worship:

The fish and chips is quite good too

mmm!! If I can't bring myself to munch on lettuce (aka: salad) this delicious like a great alternative! Plus, I figure if someone in the party orders the all-you-care-to-enjoy platter, I can have some of those goods too. I have no shame.

loving the fact that you can have Yachtsman and CG all on the same night. Amazing idea!

What can I say, I love to eat.

Sounds excellent!!! Only 10 weeks to go, so excited!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc So close!

And Then There Were Four...

Nephew #1 is not going to be joining us on this trip. He has decided to go to his junior prom, which is 5/12, aka pre travel day.

Normally, this would be fine, but he lives 4 1/2 hours away from me, and my parents & nephews will be spending pre travel night at my house... so The Nephew won't be done with prom until 1am ish (they have a school sponsored chem free party with chaperones at a hotel afterwards), and we are leaving my house at 3:30am.

On the bright side... getting ADRs for four people is MUCH easier than 5 :rotfl:

Also, Nephew #2, who is still going, has no one to fight with

giphy.gif

My parents and I can spoil the heck out of him, and we can do whatever he wants, when he wants to. No fighting with his brother. When all of the drama with my family started, Nephew #2 took it very hard. The kids saw the entire argument, and Nephew #2 is particularly close with my parents and took is very hard. He hasn't spoken with my parents in 3+ weeks which is very unusual, but I'm sure he's feeling particularly torn between his parents (who said very nasty, cuss words to my parents) and his grandparents (Grams actions started the argument...). The kid really deserves a nice vacation where he is the center of attention and some quality time with his grandparents. And his freeloading Aunt :laughing:

My parents offered DH to come with us, free of cost. DH seriously considered this for about 18 minutes... and then declined. The idea of sharing a hotel room with everyone really turned him off .. idk why?:rotfl2:

I just got off the phone with Disney, and my parents are getting $919 back... well, my Credit card is being credited, and I'll write the parents a check.

Jetblue.... gave us a $180 credit, since we booked a non refundable flight. I asked if we could use this credit for checked bags, and they said no

giphy.gif

Oh well, I'm sure the credit will get used!

I JUST booked the round trip car service to/from airport for five us... so I'm hoping I can edit this reservation and get a cheaper rate.

Same for the car service we're using to get to/from MCO.

Next up... the ever changing ADR game.

Last edited:

Ever Changing ADRs

When I found out Nephew #1 wasn't going to be joining us, I was sad to not spend as much time with him... but then a new world of ADRs for four people opened up for us! #silverlinings

giphy.gif

Here is the new line up

5/13 Arrival Day

Breakfast: Airport

Lunch: Beaches & Cream, 11:30am

Dinner: Yachtman Steak House 6:55

5/14 Epcot

Breakfast: Cape May Cafe 7:35am

Lunch: Teppan Edo 12:10pm

Dinner: Biergarten 6:50pm

5/15 DHS

Breakfast: Crystal Palace 8:05

A first for all of us, and a first PPO for Dad + Adam

Lunch: Open

(if we're still in MK, we'll try to get TS at Liberty Tree Tavern, or if we're back at our resort, somewhere on the boardwalk. Personally, I'd like to go to Kona Cafe, but people might be hot/sweaty/cranky and not wanting to make a spot between MK and our hotel).

Dinner: Minnies Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine Dinner (Fantasmic package)
Please don't judge me on this ADR :confused3 As I stated before, I ate here for the first time 1/17 and the food was blah.

Personally, I'd like to use a FP for Fantasmic instead of getting the Fantasmic package, but I've read that the seating for Fantasmic FP+ is not as good... thoughts? Also, Dad LOVES all things DHS so getting a 'good' seat for Fantasmic is important to him.

5/16 Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: Boma 7:30am

Lunch: Yak & Yeti 12pm

Dinner: Cape May Cafe 7:10pm

That's it for now, folks! I'm going to be updating like crazy this week because FP+ day is only 8 short days away and I need to get my... er, our... plan together :Pinkbounc

All caught up :thumbsup2 What a roller coaster ride the planning has been, but I'm sure no matter what, you all will have a fabulous time :goodvibes Excited to read more, and hoping things get smoothed over soon for your parents and your brother's family.

giphy.gif

MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!!!! Not kidding :rotfl:

All caught up :thumbsup2 What a roller coaster ride the planning has been, but I'm sure no matter what, you all will have a fabulous time :goodvibes Excited to read more, and hoping things get smoothed over soon for your parents and your brother's family.

Thanks for reading! I think we're definitely going to have a good time, but you're right, its been such a roller coaster!! I agree, I hope things get settled between my brother and parents, but I'm not holding my breath! They are all adults, they need to get. it. together. lol

MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!!!! Not kidding :rotfl:

hahaha what I coincidence!

Fun!!! While it’s a bummer N2 will have to miss out, I’m sure he’ll have a blast at prom. And it really is easier to do Disney as an even numbered group.

I love how diverse your ADRs are! From H&V to Yachtsman...I think the balance will be nice :)

Fun!!! While it’s a bummer N2 will have to miss out, I’m sure he’ll have a blast at prom. And it really is easier to do Disney as an even numbered group.

Agree!

I love how diverse your ADRs are! From H&V to Yachtsman...I think the balance will be nice :)

Excellent point!! I'm going to Hollywood & Vine kicking and screaming! lol!! Altho I'm sure I'll be FULL from lunch a mere 4hrs/40min earlier... so it'll make it easier to not over eat!

Late, but joining in!

Sounds like you've been on a roller coaster before you even get to WDW! That's gotta be stressful. So glad for you that the family issues seem to have worked out. Hopefully, smooth sailing from here :-)

Good luck with your ADRs!

Epcot

Epcot is our plan for our entire first full day... my parents are really going to enjoy getting to the park via IG!

After breakfast at Cape May Cafe, we will head on over to Future World. Mom, Adam I plan on heading straight to Soarin' (like the other 232021223 people visiting that day too, I'm sure:tongue:)

giphy.gif

FUTURE WORLD ATTRACTIONS

Living With The Land FP
Seas with Nemo and Friends
Spaceship Earth FP
Club Cool
Test Track FP

We will definitely be stopping for coffee in future world. Well, at least I will want coffee. Mom pees enough as it is, I need to limit her intake :rotfl:

Then... WORLD SHOWCASE

Since we will be entering WS closer to the Mexican Pavilion, I'd like to get a Tiger Lily Sangria.. because, well, why not. I'm sure we'll all get a snack at that point too.

After some shopping we'll take the Friendship boat over to the Moroccan Pavilion. Yes, I know its quicker to walk. BUT Dad's knee has been bothering him and I think a little rest for the feet after a morning in FW will be much needed.

Our ADR for Teppan Edo is at 12:10pm, so if we have time we will wonder around Morrocco, or if we are really early we can grab a snack and hit the 11am American Adventure show. I have a feeling we will be really early. Unfortunately the Voice of Liberty's first show is at 12:20pm, but we can always see this later.

Less interesting to me is the Maturiza Japanese Band at 11:45.... but if the timing is right... plus, the Pineapple Momo Sake Cocktail sounds good, if I'm forced to watch the band in the heat. lol.

FINALLY it'll be time for...

images (1).jpg
(not my pic. Shout out to Urban Taste Bud)

Appetizer: Sushi Sampler - 2 pieces spicy roll, 2 pieces of California roll, 3 pieces nigiri $15

Entree: Filet Mignon - 6 oz. beef tenderloin USDA choice steak $36

Dessert: Green Tea Soft Swirl (never tried it- if I do't like it, chances are I'l be STUFFED anyway so if I don't like this, its fine).

After lunch we will probably be ready to go back to the pool, but I know Mom (and I do too) LOVES Impressions de France, so we'll stop here for the 1:15 or 1:45pm show and let the boys go ahead of us back to the hotel and meet up with them afterwards.

Next up... Pool Time/Evening in Epcot

Late, but joining in!

Sounds like you've been on a roller coaster before you even get to WDW! That's gotta be stressful. So glad for you that the family issues seem to have worked out. Hopefully, smooth sailing from here :-)

Good luck with your ADRs!

200w.webp

HI! So happy to have you!

Saying I've been on a roller coaster before I even get to Disney is a PERFECT way to explain these last few months!!

Day 2 Afternoon Plans

giphy.gif

My last post was really wordy. SORRY. I promise this one won't be as bad! Thanks for sticking it out with me!

Basically, we plan on relaxing at Stormalong Bay for a few hours in the afternoon, then showering and heading back to Epcot around 4pm.

giphy.gif

Actually footage of me relaxing :goodvibes

We will start at the UK Pavilion, then head towards Canada and make our way through WS, stopping for snacks/beverages/bathroom as needed.

We have a 6:50pm Biergarten Reservation (so excited for this, it's been YEARS since I last ate here). Plus their dinner show starts at 7pm. Mom & Dad insist on being early for everything, which I can appreciate, so I booked ADRs knowing we'll arrive 15-20 min prior to our time...

200w.webp

Well... kinda :duck:

I'm hoping we can get a FP+ for Illuminations, but if not I'm sure we can find somewhere decent to watch... any suggestions?

Ok, I need to leave for work in 18 min and still haven't showered... so I guess I need to stop procrastinating :laughing:

Hoping to get another update in this afternoon, it's my half day at work!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!