What's everyone doing for the 50th?

I'm sure there will be a rolling celebration, and to me it makes sense to start it early 2021 if only for the sake of putting a date on merchandise, but I feel like they *must* be doing something specific on the day.

We are definitely considering a vacation late September through October 1, 2021. If we are able to go, we hope to enter MK on Oct 1st to check out any limited edition merchandise and special ceremonies that might take place that day. Plan to stay at our home resort, the Poly, since it with be turning 50 too.

My wife and I will be there for the actual day of the 50th somehow. I'm betting on my Riviera points to help for that trip and I will be walking it soon as they drop in for the year

I don't think it's dumb! The dates, to the best of my knowledge, have not been announced. I'm personally hoping it will start as early as Spring Break (for me) in 2021, but I don't know that I'll be so lucky. I'm anxiously waiting to hear. Maybe this thread will be the first to update what we hear.
Like a previous poster mentioned, the official dates haven't been announced, but if you look at Disneyland's 60th celebration, which started May 22, 2015, and ran through early Sept 2016, there should be plenty of time to see all the 50th celebration stuff.

Best guess right now is a late May (possibly as early as April) start on the celebration in 2021, with it probably rolling through Oct 2022.

We're visiting Disneyland next year, and have no WDW plans at this time, but when they do announce something that might change.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will get to see it on my Jan 2022 trip if I'm lucky. ;)

I will be at WDW starting this Sunday 1/19/20 for two weeks, very much looking forward to my trip. The one thing that has me concerned is all the construction going on at WDW. It seems like there will be a lot of things I like down during my trip. I feel sorry for those who only get to go once or very infrequently. It's a shame to pay all that money to have so much down for rehab or being torn down for something new. The train at MK has been down for over a year, that is one of many of my favorite things to do. I guess it's call progress but still annoying. Hopefully once 2021 gets here there won't be so much construction going on. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Forgot to add that I will be turning 50 as well that year. Since I won’t be there on my actual birthday (since I refuse to go in the summer heat), I’ll celebrate with Disney in October (and maybe March).

We are planning a trip in August 2021 with my MIL, so I hope they start things early enough that we can take part, but school and work schedules still dictate our trips. :(

Hoping to be around mid September.. But could change my mind and go early October!

But, as a retiree, I’ll also be there from Dec 2020 through April 2021 every month, and in early June 2021 too!

I'm going. I want to see Christmas decorations again, so I have Thanksgiving 2020 booked, and I'll get an AP. Then I plan to be there for the 30th/1st in 2021. I teach, as a previous poster mentioned about themselves, so I will only be able to take a long weekend.
I fully expect it to be insane. But I wouldn't miss it.

I realized that after my upcoming trip, my next trip would be fall 2021. Part of me says shift the dates to be in MK on the actual day. Another part of me says this is utter folly. Possibly worse than a holiday.

So what say you all? Going? Avoiding? Walking in a res starting in August?
That’s our normal fall trip period it’s gotten busier each year imo

the actual 40th at MK seemed busier but nothing earth-shattering. They did have a ton of nice merchandise/ pins available for purchase in liberty square where buffet restaurant is now located. I did indulge there was a long line for entrance there. Assume they will have plenty of merchandise lol

there should be plenty of time to see all the 50th celebration stuff.
I really haven’t followed and past anniversaries for either park so curios what type of year long celebration we would expect. Any thoughts?

We might miss stuff as we will be going miss April, but I’m wondering what I would be missing out on besides 50th merchandise.

I’m already in the early planning stages for the 50th. I haven‘t settled on exact dates yet, but I’m thinking last week of September for two weeks followed by a week end of January ‘22 for Festival of the Arts and then early September ‘22 for another two weeks.

We are planning to be there on the actual date purely by accident - our daughter’s birthday is the 30th September and we were planning for that! Hoping it won’t be too chaotic but we will make the most of it anyway.

Huge milestone birthdays for my fam that year: DH and myself turn 40 and our DDs turn 16 and 13. 😱 We’re definitely planning at least one or two trips to celebrate and take advantage of the 50th.😅

I'm not usually one for crowds, but we are planning to be there Oct 1st. Probably a few days before and a few days after too.

Frankly, I'm hoping to avoid the crowds and go in mid-September, 2021. DS was an Entertainment CM for Disneyland's 50th, and after hearing his stories about the crowds that day (July 17th), I'd rather avoid it. I went later in the year and bought a coffee cup-that's fine with me where WDW is concerned.

We plan to be there - wouldn't miss it! Hopefully, starting the last week of September right through until October 2. I know it will be crazy and can't wait! I have never walked before and hope I do not need to for this celebration.

Ordinarily I might bite the bullet and brave the crowds to be there on a special occasion, but we'll happen to be traveling with my sister in law that year and her husband and kids have never been. Think we'll go late October to let the crowds die down a bit and have it be more enjoyable for them.

Ordinarily I might bite the bullet and brave the crowds to be there on a special occasion, but we'll happen to be traveling with my sister in law that year and her husband and kids have never been. Think we'll go late October to let the crowds die down a bit and have it be more enjoyable for them.
I hope late October dies down. We are planning a Halloween trip in 2021 and really want to avoid the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!