What's going on with the Disney Dining Reservation folks???

mstec

Not all treasure is silver and gold...mate.
I've always had good experiences with the folks at the Dining Reservation number, which was why I was so surprised with my experience today. We have an upcoming trip that I needed to make some dining ressies for and instead of going thru MS, I decided to call directly into Disney Dining, thinking that somehow this might be quicker. I called tonight around 4:30pm. I received a CM (who later said her name was NELL - assuming that's true) who started out fine, however when she asked me my last name and then read it back, I thought she had added an E at the end instead of an A. I told her so and she said for me to tell her again, in alphanumeric - no problem. When I did, however, she says quiet loudly, her voice a little higher, "thats what I said!" I said, "oh, ok, I thought you had an e instead of a" and she says, "No," (repeats spelling my last name) and says even louder, very snippy, "that's what I said"...I'm thinking, "funny but this call isn't as magical as I thought it would be." So I say, "ok, well it's not important"..I'm wondering why this women is yelling at me about a mistaken spelling or lack there-of, and can't we just move on when she announces, "it IS important! It has to be right in the system! Do you know what happens when it's not right in the system? Lots of people show up and there's no reservation for them, and they can't be seated because they can't find their reservation, because it's spelled wrong!" Her voice is all high and pitchy now. I'm thinking - this woman needs some serious help. All I could do at that point was say "ok..." Then she's asking for my reservation number and I explain again that I'm DVC and does she want my telephone instead - she says she needs both and after a few minutes finally tells me my confirmation number, etc.

I got off the phone thinking, "I just got yelled at, because I accused her of spelling my tricky, Ukrainian, last name, incorrectly".. :confused3 Just another reason to call MS and let them handle it from now on.

I would love to let someone at Disney know about what happened - but not even sure where or who to call or write...

Possibly someone right before you had been very rude and it has just been a stressful day.

You can certainly email Disney if you wish from the main website, but this is nothing I would get upset over.

considering as you said you have always had good experiences I tend to just let the few bad ones go.

Pobody's nerfect.

I'd let it go and have a great vacation.

I'll bet those dining people are going through heck right now with all the free dining people doing their ADR booking.

It stinks when someone is rude to you! I would just try and say, well, that person had a bad day and they will be better tomorrow.

Its always nice to have a place to vent though! Yeah for DIS! :upsidedow

I had called today to make ADRs for October. When I was on the phone the CM said her computer kept on freezing up. I don't believe that should excuse her behavior, just a theory on why she may have been snippy.
:cutie:
TinkRN

I've had bad experiences like this one and I have had great ones. I even had one where the gal was just talken away with me. She said do you go often and I told all the trips we have gone on in the passed few months and she said is this a "old or new obsession". I told her once we did the Land and sea cruise it was all over for me. :goodvibes. We talked about DVC, what places we like to eat, what places she liked to eat, weather, etc,etc. She and other Cast members are why I love Disney SO much. They make it what it is IMO.

But I do know what you are saying. You get off the phone and think to yourself. What the ..ll just happened? Did I just get yelled at?:confused3

Sounds like you just got the wrong person on the wrong day. Most of the Dining CM's have been pretty good over the years we've been calling. Once in a great while I'll get one who really has trouble with speaking and understanding English. Just as soon as I become aware of that I'll politely end that call and call back later.

I've been lucky I guess because all of my calls to Disney Dining have been great! I somehow manage to get very friendly CMs when I call for ADRs. One time a dining CM mentioned that she also works in one of the parks. I happened to meet her during that trip and she was just as sweet, funny and upbeat in person as she was on the phone. So to the OP: I'm sorry you had a bad experience. There are some outstanding dining CMs out there and I hope you get one of them the next time you call.

All the times I called the CM's were laways willing to work with me and give me suggestions for any given day when most places were booked.
I would have to chaulk this up to free dinning (hopefully)
Have someone say Le Celliar to you 500 times a day for a month and see if you are cranky :lmao:
I remember whne most did not even know Canada had a Restuarant (and that was only a few+ years ago) :rotfl:

.. :confused3 Just another reason to call MS and let them handle it from now on.

I would love to let someone at Disney know about what happened - but not even sure where or who to call or write...

You will get the same CMs for dining now when you call MS - there is a point where you are told to press 6 for dining and it transfers you to the dining CMs.

I just say "oops, my cat just barfed on me, I'll have to call back" when I get a less than magical phone CM.

The cat's very annoyed that she's the scapegoat.

Seriously, who has time to fuss with them? The CM's, I mean. Not the cat.

About two months ago, I was making dining ressies for an Easter trip, and I must have called Disney Dining a dozen times -- our party went from 5, to 7, to 6, to one night for 14. And that's not to mention the repeated calls to try to get a princess meal! Anyway, EVERY SINGLE time I called, I got a message saying that I had been selected to complete a satisfaction survey at the end. One time I couldn't hold on, and it gave me a phone number to call to give feedback. Of course I can't find that number at the moment, but if I do, I'll post it. I don't know if it just chose everyone that called during that month, or if because I answered the questions at the beginning that I travel to WDW a lot, I fell into a category that they wanted.

Meghan

I just say "oops, my cat just barfed on me, I'll have to call back" when I get a less than magical phone CM.

The cat's very annoyed that she's the scapegoat.

Seriously, who has time to fuss with them? The CM's, I mean. Not the cat.

Fantastic excuse! I am going to remember that for future use...:cat: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter