What's in the castle?

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
Reading the 'Cinderella's suite' thread in the resorts forum got me thinking. Besides the restaurant and shop, what else is housed in Cinderellas castle. Offices? Empty rooms? No rooms, just a facade?

Has anyone been into the upstairs of the castle?

Enquiring minds want to know:)

Joanna

As I understand it, there is essentially not much in there except the restaurant and shop, the preparation areas for the performers that perform in front of the castle, some storage areas and the climb to the top area used by Tinkerbell. One thing to note is that most of the floors are an illusion because the higher you go the smaller the height of each floor when you view it from outside -- this gives the effect of making the castle look higher than it actually is because it seems to have a lot of floors.

It was originally going to house an apartment for Walt and his family, but I do not think it was ever done.

Originally posted by Golter
It was originally going to house an apartment for Walt and his family, but I do not think it was ever done.

Correct. Walt had died before it was completed. My understanding is that there is a full apartment in the castle that has never been used. On the Backstage Magic tour our guide told us it's used for storage now.

I saw on the Travel Channel that the apartment was used for the telephone operators for a while. I bet they could make some money if they opened up to the public!!!!

Originally posted by MacDalton
I saw on the Travel Channel that the apartment was used for the telephone operators for a while. I bet they could make some money if they opened up to the public!!!!

Bet Disney would never do that. You would see backstage areas and Disney would not want that to happen.

We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table in 2001 and I asked our waitress if she had ever been up the the apartment. She said that in fact she had. There was some special event happening at MK and that the performer (It was Patti LaBelle?Aretha Franklin? someone I can't remember now) had used the apartment to change clothes and relax before & after her performance in the Castle Courtyard. The performer had ordered something to eat and she (our waitress) had delivered it upstairs to her. I can't remember her name but she had worked at the Castle for 10+ years. She said that about all that was in the apt was a table and a few chairs. Nothing lavish. I don't know if she was just saying this to impress us or what but I took her to be honest.
Shelby5514:Pinkbounc

You can get some delicious prime rib and mashed potatoes in the castle!!

*123JOANNA123* -- Just as an FYI -- the hidden mickeys link doesn't work.
I see a lot of people reference that site on various posts. The site must have changed, because the links to the hidden mickeys web never seems to work in any post.

LUV2ROAM - Just as an fyi...I just used the link and it worked fine for me! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter