What's in your backpack?

amberwc

Mouseketeer
First, 1 per family, or multiple in the family?
After reading the Standing in Line thread, my mind is churning.
Water bottle(s)
Sunscreen
Camera, phone
Charging cable and battery charger
Now add: book, notebook, simple game...

One per family - Camera, waters, few snacks, ponchos, sunscreen, gift cards.

We usually don't worry about entertainment in line as we will not wait longer than 30 minutes. Usually the lines have interesting things to look at so we try to pay attention to the details that the imagineers have put into the lineQ

Multiple packs in our family. Both of the kids have Camelbaks with small exterior pocket (for their snacks), while my wife and I carry backpacks.

In mine:

3L hydration bladder
granola bars for snacks
moleskin
eyeglasses cleaning wipes
small bottle of hand sanitizer
travel pack of antibacterial wipes
poncho
a sandwich, cookies and chips if we are bringing our food in that day
car keys, on a lanyard so they don't fall out.

I carry my DSLR around my neck. My wife will carry our digital video camera.

It's been a few years but it was: water, a few extra water bottles (we have the double insulated thermos containers that keep water cold), phone, chap stick and a park map. Early on the trip it would be a camera but after a few days I am done with pictures and just want to enjoy. On and maybe a snack. And a sharpie so characters can sign the kids hats.

Next year I will add phone chargers and the kids carry their own crap but don't bring more then water and a phone.

We sunscreen before we head out in the am and take a mid day break. By the time we go in August I am not too concerned with a burn, plus we are in and out of rides/buildings.

Tylenol, epicenter and Benadryl too.

DH carrys the $$$$ in his wallet.

We normally just take one. On our trip last month, my kids shared the responsibility of a second one because they wanted to bring things my husband and I didn't feel like carrying.

In ours we throw in water bottles, ponchos, flip flops, portable phone chargers and glide.

One bag for our family - carried by the stroller for now (I'll be sad when one of us actually has to carry the bag!)
-Water
-small snacks
-diapers/wipes (if, by some miracle we potty train by our November trip, it'll be underwear and wipes)
-small kit with bandaids, nail files, barrettes, moleskin, etc
-ziplock bag for phone on wet rides or if rain
-sunscreen
-sometimes a phone charger
-shamwow (for wet benches/seats)
-ponchos
-wallet

My DH always says I pack too much, but I've really pared it down over the years! Our first trip with a kid, my oldest was 7 months, and we had like three bags or something. It was ridiculous!

My daughter came up with a good one. If you wear contacts. Bring an extra and travel size contact solution. We had to come all the way home (twice now) because her contact got mess up and irritated her eye. Oh and Ponchos.

Credit card
$20
ID
Gum
Phone charger
Autograph book

I'm not a big fan of packing around stuff I probably won't need if I can easily get it in the park.

We don't have kids, so it is just for DH and I.

One backpack
-Ponchos
-Phones
-Wallet
-Ziploc bag with chapstick, wet wipes, tissues, Tylenol, and bandaids
-DH usually carries the camera, but we put it in the bag when we are on a ride.
-Water bottle or two and some small snacks such as granola bars or almond packs

My daughter came up with a good one. If you wear contacts. Bring an extra and travel size contact solution. We had to come all the way home (twice now) because her contact got mess up and irritated her eye.

Did you try checking at first aid?

Wipes
iPad
Chargers
Permanent markers in case kids loose theirs
Camera
Gum
Wallet
Kleenex

I'm sure there are more things but that's all I can think of off the top of my head...

Why flip-flops? Love the idea of glide/moleskin--I hadn't thought of these.
Flip Flops are great if you plan to ride anything wet such as Splash Mountain or especially the Kali River Rapids. You can always rent a locker outside the Rapids though, so that's another option.

First adult only trip!!
1 backpack:
ziplock bag w/ moleskin & little scissors, tissues, nail file, band aids
sunscreen
phones & extra charger
wipes & hand sanitizer
small ziplock with extra pair of socks
panchos
extra ziplock bags
granola bars
wallet
gum
ink pen

Not a backpack.
I bring a small size crossbody purse.
1 per whoever wants stuff.
I bring...
-phone/lipstick charger
-travel size wallet
-travel size folding hair brush
-chap stick
-over the counter meds ina small container
-rain poncho

I could stuff a water bottle in but lately have started just asking for ice water.
I put sunscreen on before I leave for the parks
I wear a hat.
I wear prescription glasses so I don't bring sunglasses to the parks.

Why flip-flops? Love the idea of glide/moleskin--I hadn't thought of these.

Because when it rains, we hate wet sneakers. We go in August, so it rains often. We are in the parks all day - at least 10/12 hours - for 7 or 8 days. So half way through the day sometimes the kids like to switch shoes. I can wear flip flops (the right kind) all day, so sometimes my sneaks are in the bag.

First, 1 per family, or multiple in the family?
After reading the Standing in Line thread, my mind is churning.
Water bottle(s)
Sunscreen
Camera, phone
Charging cable and battery charger
Now add: book, notebook, simple game...
if you are taking both a camera and phone - unless you are on your phone ALL DAY - you shouldn't need a charger for one day. And a book, notebook, and game? No way I would carry those - too much weight.

Here's what I take for the day:

Travel size sunscreen (they are a $1 at Target) (put sunscreen on before leaving room/car)
A ziploc bag with a piece of dental floss, ibuprofen, if I already have a cut - a fresh band-aid, or if sick, other medicines
Lip balm
Phone
ID, credit card, health insurance card, Annual Pass in a flat card holder (note - not my normal wallet from my purse)
If driving - keys, car insurance card
Mini-comb
Camera - if I'm taking it that day
Maybe an extra water bottle
We don't do autograph books anymore - but we used to carry those with a couple pens

Definitely ONE per family unless you have a kid that wants to carry their own bag ALL DAY. Don't be a packhorse for a kid. If you are concerned about needing a change of clothes, changes of shoes, etc - we might bring a bag that we check in a locker.

Multiple packs for us:
Kids each have a Camelbak with 50oz water, snacks, and a jacket/poncho cinched in the open pocket.
We take one adult back pack. It has 70oz water reservoir, snacks, jacket/poncho, cooling towels (if we aren't wearing them), phone/wallet/essentials. There is always room for small to moderate sized purchases to fit inside.

My kids were so excited when they got their Camelbaks (6 and 8). I was worried they wouldn't want to carry them all day, but I made sure they understood that there was no other option. They carried them all day, every day at the parks. They quickly mastered how to tuck the valves in so they didn't get dirty when they put the bags down on rides, and they never once asked me to carry it for them. The chest strap and mesh shoulder straps really helped with a cool and comfortable fit...not to mention how much the LOVED having their own water right at their fingertips (of course, that meant a few extra trips to the bathroom...they held that thing like a pacifier if I didn't remind them to put it down).:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter