What's in your stadium food?

I'm pleasantly surprised - our local ballparks (Cleveland) all ranked in the Top 20 (on the good end!).

Pretty gross report, though, I agree. :o

And Charlotte has two of the four worst facilities.

I wish the list would have indicated the city and team(s) instead of having to click on the facility name. I can't keep track of all the name changes. Some places are on their third or fourth names since opening. Yes, Fenway Park is obvious to almost everybody, but who knows what The Spectrum Center is off the top of their heads? If anything, most people would recognized the name as the former home of the Philadelphia Flyers and 76ers.

Vivant Smart Home Arena???? Smoothie King Center??? :sad2: Gimme a break.

Vivant Smart Home Arena???? Smoothie King Center??? :sad2: Gimme a break.

I watch enough games to know where these places are, and ridicule the most innane choices. Salt Lake City and New Orleans of course. But the absolute worst was probably "Power Balance Pavilion", because the produce was a silicone bracelet with a hologram on it to "boost athletic performance". That, and the name was just stupid.

Also ironic is that the #1 facility on the list is losing its last regular tenant.

I used take the train to/from work near a major football stadium. Some of the commuters included the concession workers during the week. After talking to them, they actually spent days doing food prep in anticipation of an event day. There was a whole lot of work where there could be restaurant code violations.

Wonder how all our home kitchens would fare in a similar inspection? Full disclosure, we have had to throw out a opened package of refrigerated cheese, and a loaf of bread this week in our house that molded.

Wonder how all our home kitchens would fare in a similar inspection? Full disclosure, we have had to throw out a opened package of refrigerated cheese, and a loaf of bread this week in our house that molded.
Yup, funky refrigerator smell > check the cheese, then vegetable drawer, lol.

All I know is that the first thing we get at Fenway is a sausage pepper and onion sub, they're so good! (Lots of pizzas w the same around here are known as the Fenway!) I've felt that over the past several years, food areas there have seemed exceptionally clean and regulated to me, but who knows.

OK NOW I'll go back and read the article in the OP! :tilt:

Ok, fair enough. But I'll just add this. Having family in the food business, facilities today undergo a lot of different unannounced health inspections - not only by the local health depts and the FDA, but sometimes overseas/international regulators if food is sold there, for instance. Violations can include things like peeling paint or dust on top of refrigerators or ovens, etc., along with major violations like rodent droppings :crazy2: and improper temperatures and such :crazy2:. So viewing these numbers, my guess is that for places that are on the low side, what they're seeing are mostly minor violations, as opposed to the places with high scores that have multiple violations, probably of a good variety. It's almost impossible to get perfect scores on these things - they'll tag you for even a rag in the sink or things like that. So I wouldn't worry too much in the places with better scores. The places with worse scores still have some work to do.

The playpens in Denver (Coors Field-Rockies, Mile High-Broncos, Pepsi Center-Avalanche and Nuggets) are all near the bottom of the rankings. Or maybe the Denver health department is more thorough.

I rarely eat stadium food, so the violations don't bother me. I can go 3 hours without eating. I do buy bottled soft drinks when available, or fountain drinks if not. The spouts for post-mix dispensers can be nasty if not regularly cleaned, I'm sure.

I had to look up about 20 of the names. I knew Miami has the American Airlines Arena and Dallas the American Airlines Center, but the three "Rogers" facilities in Canada (Center/Place/Arena) confuse me. I was aware of AT&T for the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco Giants, but not a third one for the San Antonio Spurs.

There are a few doozies of names for minor league and college sports facilities as well: Dunkin' Donuts Center (Providence, RI), Camping World Stadium (Orlando, FL), Bojangles Coliseum (Charlotte, NC).

And selling the naming rights can cause problems when a scandal happens: Enron Field (Houston, TX), Papa John's Stadium (Louisville, KY).

I think the champion for name changes belongs to the Miami Dolphins. According to this article, their home field is on its EIGHTH name.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...vations-hurricanes/1prkayo5ckgbw12rmf6fte5e07

Most homes would get quite a few violations.

Most homes would get quite a few violations.
The one in restaurants that gets me is even canned goods must be at stored least 6 inches off the ground. I think the lower shelf of my kitchen cabinets is 2 inches off the ground

The one in restaurants that gets me is even canned goods must be at stored least 6 inches off the ground. I think the lower shelf of my kitchen cabinets is 2 inches off the ground

I knew someone who ran a restaurant for a few years, and I got to see their inspection reports. They had a bunch of issues that were actually pretty easy to take care of. It was a friend who operated a Chinese-Amercan restaurant, and the one that stuck out for me was that they weren't allowed to use reusable wooden chopsticks. They had to be made out of another material or disposable.

But absolutely our home kitchen would never pass a health department inspection. I certainly don't have a hand washing station in my house separate from where I wash the dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter