What's included with Category 3 room?

rmbork5

Earning My Ears
We are leaving in two weeks, and just got a call from our travel agent saying we were upgraded to a category 3. Does anyone know what all is included with this room? She mentioned a concierge and VCR, so we could bring movies, but don't they have movies available on the ship?

Thanks!

Wow, lucky you! :)

Yes, there are movies and CDs available from the concierge, and a fairly good selection at that. You will have the concierge available to make your spa and Palo reservations (there is a group meeting on embarkation afternoon) and they will take care of anything else you want as well, such as Tea with Wendy or the Wine Tasting at Palo. They can also take care of getting your tips charged to your account if you'd like.

You'll love all the extra space and the extra touches of the concierge staff! :)

Wow! Almost like winning the lottery! it rarely happens. There is a long list of movies to view. Just call concergie and they will bring it right to your room.

We have stayed in cat 3 twice. Here are a few other things to keep in mind and not pack. toothbrushes, toothpaste (chip & dale), mouthwash (goofy) in addition to the shampoo, cream rinse and lotions. You also get robes and slippers for use on board only. There is a lot of space for storage, a walk in closet off the bedroom. Two bathrooms. one with a shower the other with a jacuzzi tub and a shower.

outside of making Palo and spa reservations, we found the concierge service to be of little value.

I am curious as to what category you reserved originally before you got the upgrade. We are in Cat. 4 in June and was wondering the odds of us getting an upgrade to a 3.
Thanks, and have a good trip!

Bill

We also had a category 4 reserved. I think the upgrade was just luck! I didn't request it or anything.

rmbork5-
Congratulations on the upgrade. You will find that although the category 4 rooms are terrific, the suites (category 1 - 3) are beyond your wildest expectations (at least we found them to be that) and it will make a truly wonderful vacation even better. The only problem with a category 3 suite is that once you have stayed in one, you will find it difficult to go back to a regular room. Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you enjoyed the accomodations as well as the concierge service.

We were upgraded from a cat 5 to a 3 on our cruise 27th Sept and had a great time, we didnt want to leave the room.

outside of making Palo and spa reservations, we found the concierge service to be of little value

Im glad that they did that for you dmadman43, i called them to make ressies for Palo's and they told me I had to go to Palo's direct!:( However they did make up for it when we asked for a couple of cd's and movies, they came very quickly with a huge bag of popcorn:D We had the wizard of oz sound track (FAB! I had it for christmas I loved it that much) and Jaws the movie:eek:

So much fun, you will love the room. I did have some photos on my dis web page but they dont work anymore so if anyone wants me to email them just let me know.

Emma

Guess an upgrade from a category 9 cabin to a concierge level cabin probably isn't too likely, eh?!!! LOL!:D

We cruised on December 13, and got upgraded from a cat. 5 to a 3. The room is beautiful!! The toothpaste is a nice touch that they give you, however, I would recommend that you bring your own, as there toothpaste is just "basic" (no floride etc.). Every morning we ordered a full breakfast, complete with eggs, toast, bacon, the whole bit. It was at no extra cost, and was most enjoyable. Be sure to bring extra money to tip the conceirges, we were not aware of the upgrade until we boarded, so we were glad we had extra cash. Go to the private captains party, they had wonderful food and drinks available (no extra cost). Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter