What's My Age Again? A whirlwind WDW birthday TR! COMPLETE 1/11

I love the birthday shirt!!! And the skirt!!! And the ears!!!! 10/10 birthday outfit and 10/10 BIRTHDAY MORNING PICS!!!!!!!

Love your shirt!! And I need those ears!!! They are beautiful!! And they pretty much match your lipgloss you have on. Win!!!

Thank you both! I knew the shirt was perfect because I had already packed that skirt and those ears (WisheryEarMakers on Etsy, BTW) so it worked out!

A Mickey birthday scone and starbs? Sounds like the perfect birthday breakfast (although i'm terribly sorry the PSCL was a bad choice)
It was a magical breakfast. And the nice part is I never experienced the sugar crash because I just kept feeding the monster :P

Fairy Godmother is such a sweetheart, and it's always fun to see a chatty Ariel!

I would have gotten the Tastes Like Chicken entree, too. It looks amazing!

Very eager to hear about the rest of your magical birthday day popcorn::

It was delicious and I recommend it!

“Do you guys want to go back to Dumbo??”

After fueling up with what I hope was chicken (it sure did taste like it), it was time for my last FP- Jungle Cruise. Which, BTW, an ADR at Jungle Skipper Canteen immediately followed by a ride on Jungle Cruise is an awesome combo. I highly recommend it.

Not only was it a great combo, but I also had one of the funniest skippers yet. He went way off script a bunch of times and made me laugh so hard! Here are some of my favorite moments:

-he mentioned the new Jungle Cruise movie and said, “If it’s anything like Haunted Mansion then we’re on our way to success.” #shade

-on our way into the temple: “This temple could be cool, it could be dangerous, or here at Disney it could be a gift shop.”

-at the elephant bathing pool he full on stopped and leaned out the side of the boats to yell abuse at the elephants with my favorite line being, “Do you know how good you have it here? Do you guys want to go back to Dumbo??”

I got off the boat (still laughing to myself) and made my way toward the purple wall for some birthday photos. From here on out my touring plan becomes an absolute dumpster fire. It appears as if I had no forward thinking at all, I just went back and forth across the park doing whatever random thing came to mind. It was amazing.

They had PhotoPass set up at the purple wall, which was awesome.

She got some okay photos of me against the wall but then she had me switch spots with her and got this totally awesome shot:

I could hear Mickey’s Friendship Faire going on in the background so I knew the fireworks were coming but I’m so glad she thought to take the picture!

Next up was a ride on the People Mover and it’s an unwritten rule that you have to prop your feet up and take a photo or it doesn’t count as a real ride.

The next thing in my note is just “photos.” I have no idea what the photos are of. Am I in them? Did I really take them? Oh well, I’m not sure if these are photos I took at that moment but I don’t think I’ve shared them yet so enjoy:

After my alleged photo tour, I took a quick ride on iasw then went back to Frontierland for a ride on Splash Mountain. I had a fun idea for the ride photo that I actually had to work hard to get, but then the photo didn’t show up on MDE! I was so upset because I was proud of the photo and the timing that went into taking it and now no one would ever know….

At least that’s what I thought for the next several hours (maybe even until the next day) when the photo finally appeared:

I took my slightly damp self off of the mountain and back into the world of Fantasy to meet Merida since my attempt earlier had been thwarted by…me.

Anyway the wait was short and she was lovely, as usual. I have no idea what we talked about because my only note on the experience was “Merida.”

Wow, 26 year old Ann takes much worse notes than 25 year old Ann.

[This looks like the face I make when I'm listening to a slightly offensive relative over the holidays]

In need of refreshment, I went down the path to the snack cart in the hub to get some water, a Mickey bar, and a selfie.

r
[You are what you eat: sweet, Mickey-shaped, usually covered in chocolate]

My original idea was to get a PhotoPass photo in front of the castle with my Mickey bar but the line was long enough that it was going to melt before it was my turn. Selfies will have to do.

During my snack time I heard the Main Street Philharmonic start coming out from backstage, which was perfect timing because they were also on my must-do list for my birthday! I love live music and I was amazed at how few of the live acts I had actually been able to see at Disney World.

I found a great spot to watch them in the hub and they were fantastic. Then came another highlight to an already fantastic day. There I was, clapping and bouncing along to the music when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I figured it was someone asking me to move (I’m really, really good at unintentionally being in the way) but when I turned around it was one of the band members. He said I looked like I was having a good time and asked if I wanted to help them out. Uhhh YEAH!

So he led me up to the band and handed me a little horn and had me dance around and squeak the horn and it was amazing! Even though I’m an introvert I love to perform, so it was so much fun! We had a grand ole time and I was sad when it was over.

But I have absolutely no photos of this experience. I didn’t even get any photos of the band! I was having too much fun just listening. Which means that I have no proof that this ever happened except in my memory and now in this TR. So you are welcome for being brought into such an honored memory.

The Philharmonic set ended just in time to go down Main Street and catch a full Dapper Dans show. This set was a lot different than the one this morning. There were no special guests this time (unless you count the chimes) and they did a lot more dancing.

[Dapper Dans? More like Dapper Dance]

The music part of my soul was satisfied, but the princess part was begging for some more attention. The line to meet Rapunzel & Tiana wasn’t long so I went to visit them!

Punzie helped me decide how many cupcakes I needed to eat for my birthday. We decided on 26 since that was how old I was. I told her I already had one and we realized I had a big job ahead of me to try to fit another 25 into the rest of the day. Tiana and I had a great interaction. I can’t remember the details now but she was so sweet and everything just flowed really naturally.

I know I told Rapunzel I would eat more cupcakes but I was really feeling ice cream (again) and I had heard that there was a new version of the citrus swirl where it was made with orange soft serve instead of the tart orange slush stuff.

This was delightful! Dole Whip will always have my heart but I’ll definitely be grabbing at least one of these on each trip now.

With that deliciousness in my tummy it was time to say farewell to the Magic Kingdom and head off to Disney Springs for the last adventure of my birthday.

I have a note here that the tram driver at the TTC was doing amazing impressions on the ride to my car. It’s CMs like this that can make your day.

I went straight to Disney Springs from the MK to do some birthday shopping. I made a list of everywhere I shopped and it looks impressive but I hardly bought anything. Although I did get some truly adorable Kate Spade kitty earrings on clearance. I love me a good sale. Sale is my second favorite four letter word.

While shopping, I also made a stop at the PhotoPass Studio because I had never been before. I waited about 20 minutes because they take a lot of time with each party. There was a couple ahead of me that brought wigs and props and I really with I could see how those photos turned out.

[I look like I'm in a commercial trying to sell this Mickey pumpkin. My director has just told me to act like the pumpkin said something cute. Ha ha ha oh Mickey pumpkin, you're so silly. Don't you want this obviously hilarious Mickey pumpkin? Too bad because he was a limited release item and all the ebay vultures picked him off in the first few hours.]

Next up was a stop at Sprinkles to pick up my free birthday cupcake. The cashier saw my birthday button and was like “Oh hey happy birthday!” but then proceeded to be surprised that I was there for my free cupcake…for my birthday.

[How do you even choose??? I went with red velvet since it’s one of my favorites]

Finally I went over to the AMC for one last birthday freebie. I found out that the Disney Springs AMC was showing Hocus Pocus for only $5 that whole weekend and I thought it would be a great way to end my birthday. Plus I’m a Stubs member so I had a free large popcorn and drink coupon I could use. So I grabbed my snacks and a seat in a completely empty theater (if you’re following along you’ll notice that my birthday dinner consisted of an orange cream swirl, popcorn, and diet Dr Pepper. That’s the meal of a true adult right there).

I was the only one in there until right when the movie started and two more small groups came in. I think there ended up being about 6 of us in there? It was a great time. Everyone spread out and got comfortable to enjoy the movie.

After the movie I shuffled myself back to my car and to the hotel, then did a little packing since I was checking out in the morning.

All together one of the top 5 best days of my entire life.

Your birthday outfit is adorable! Love the shirt!

Starting your day meeting Mickey sounds pretty perfect.

I believe those are the only 2 stories they have for the Muppets. There should be more though!

SO cute of the little girl to start singing Happy Birthday to you!

What a perfect day at MK!!

Getting to see Hocus Pocus back on the big screen must have been so cool.

Definitely sounds like an awesome birthday! :)

I love your birthday outfit! I had my own shirt quest on my last trip and it is real annoying when the Shop Parks app says stores carry them in a specific size and then they arent there! But Im glad you were able to make do with a different size! The skirt and ears are also super cute too!

Enjoyed your trip report and your photos (and sense of humor). You have a great eye. Seems like a great way to spend your birthday.
Thank you! It was definitely an amazing birthday :D

Your birthday outfit is adorable! Love the shirt!

Starting your day meeting Mickey sounds pretty perfect.
Thanks- I thought it would be!

I believe those are the only 2 stories they have for the Muppets. There should be more though!
Okay so I'm not crazy. But yeah there is so much potential! I'd love to see Miss Piggy as Betsy Ross or someone like that.

SO cute of the little girl to start singing Happy Birthday to you!

What a perfect day at MK!!

Getting to see Hocus Pocus back on the big screen must have been so cool.

Definitely sounds like an awesome birthday! :)
It was certainly a great birthday!

I love your birthday outfit! I had my own shirt quest on my last trip and it is real annoying when the Shop Parks app says stores carry them in a specific size and then they arent there! But Im glad you were able to make do with a different size! The skirt and ears are also super cute too!
Yes I was lucky that the smaller size fit! It's not as loose as I want it to be but hey, it worked.

Hi Ann! I'm joining in a bit late, but better late then never I guess.
I have said many times how much I would like to do a solo trip. Maybe one day. It certainly seems like you made the most of your trip, especially your wonderful birthday.
I see your next trip is coming up very soon, so enjoy it!

Hi Ann! I'm joining in a bit late, but better late then never I guess.
I have said many times how much I would like to do a solo trip. Maybe one day. It certainly seems like you made the most of your trip, especially your wonderful birthday.
I see your next trip is coming up very soon, so enjoy it!
Yes for solo trips!! I love my DH and traveling with him but there is something so special about a solo trip. Take one if you get a chance!!

Thanks we are excited! Two more days! (My tracker is wrong, go figure :confused3)

I turned around it was one of the band members. He said I looked like I was having a good time and asked if I wanted to help them out. Uhhh YEAH!
Oh, how special as part of your birthday celebration!! It would have been perfect if there was a photographer there to capture it, but at least you'll have the memory!

Sale is my second favorite four letter word.
:rotfl:

This was such a wonderful day of wandering and celebrating! I will be at WDW for my birthday this year (for the first time ever--EEP!!!!) and I can only hope it's half as magical. Thanks for sharing! :wizard:

Oh, how special as part of your birthday celebration!! It would have been perfect if there was a photographer there to capture it, but at least you'll have the memory!

:rotfl:

This was such a wonderful day of wandering and celebrating! I will be at WDW for my birthday this year (for the first time ever--EEP!!!!) and I can only hope it's half as magical. Thanks for sharing! :wizard:
All other birthdays will pale in comparison to the one you get to spend at Disney! At least that’s how I feel right now haha

One last day in the Animal Kingdom

I hope you sang that title to the tune of One Short Day from the smash Broadway musical Wicked.

Still riding the high from my mega super awesome birthday the previous day, I woke up on my last day ready to end my trip on a high note. But first, breakfast:

[I was too hungry the night before to each my cupcake and I thought it would make an excellent post-birthday breakfast]

Belly full and bags packed, I checked out of the hotel and loaded up my car with plenty of time to get to the my final park before rope drop. I hadn’t been to this park yet this trip which meant I had an excellent opportunity to get lost again! Which I took, naturally.

lost girl.gif

I knew something was wrong when I exited out from under the big welcome gate. Oops.

Anyway, I finally got parked and walked up to….the Animal Kingdom! And still with 10 minutes to spare before park open.

Most people at the AK RD are there for one thing- Pandora. But only the brave bypass Pandora and head straight to Starbucks.

I decided to give my PSCL another chance, especially because this morning was a little cooler and I thought it would hit the spot. Well the score became Starbucks 2, Ann 0 because this one tasted straight up weird and I just threw it away.

My true rope drop destination was Kilimanjaro Safari. It’s my go to RD ride at AK since the animals are generally pretty active since it’s still cool out in the morning. I have to laugh because I got there and this was the posted wait time:

[Is this some kind of safari time that I’m not aware of? Is this how the lions know when breakfast is?]

If you’re curious, 1P minutes in safari time equates to 5 minutes in normal human land time. So pretty soon I was on a truck and off into the wild! It was a really relaxed safari and I was in the middle of a row so I didn’t get too many great photos, but I did grab these two:

[This is how I feel when I wear statement earrings]

[BABY GIRAFFE]

The natural progression after the safari was a wander through the Gorilla Falls trails. I didn’t get any pictures or take any notes so I guess nothing important happened here.

Next I went to my favorite Disney ride- Expedition Everest and rode it twice via the single rider line. Hands up if you freaking love single rider lines.

[I've decided that when I'm riding something alone that my new goal is to make the ugliest face possible so that the stranger next to me has to deal with the strange looking girl in their photos]

After that I went through the Maharajah trek to see the tigers (my favorite animal in the world. My DH has a hard time pulling me away from the viewing area when they’re out. But he wasn’t here this time so I stared at them to my heart’s content).

Then I went for a wander/photo tour and got a few shots of the park:

And of course I couldn’t get very far into my day without a PhotoPass stop:

[I did not dress well the weather]

Throughout the morning I was texting a friend to see if she was free to come hang out with me and the animals. During my photo tour she told me she was on her way so I stopped for a snack at Flame Tree BBQ to wait for her.

[This is a winner every time. Carbs, cheese, and smoked pig? YES]

Just as I finished, my friend arrived! It wasn’t a Dismeet since she isn’t on the boards. I actually connected with her on Instagram.

~We interrupt this broadcast to give a shout out to my Disneygram- find my Disney adventures at dolewhipandwishes. I’m actually leaving for Disney World TODAY so it will be full to bursting with live updates to tide you over until I can write the TR for the trip (which I know you’re all waiting on pins and needles for)~

This was our first time meeting in person so we chatted for a bit then decided we liked each other and that’s that. We saw a Nemo show was about to start so we went to watch it. I hadn’t seen it in a few years so it was fun to watch it again. The songs are so catchy!

I convinced her to go climb the Forbidden Mountain with me once we dried off (because ya know...we were in the ocean?)

[Am I reaching for the stars or just really bad at dabbing? Both?]

After going from deep in the ocean to the top of the Himalayas we needed a snack. I stopped in Africa for a Dole Whip with rum and then we went through Pandora so she could get that purple fruity drink that has some very nicely themed name that I can’t remember.

[When your hat matches your snack, you know it’s a good day]

My friend had time for one last ride so we decided to go back in time together.

We spent a great few hours together and I’m glad that the internet can bring people together. Thanks Internet.

I decided I needed one last ride on Everest before catching FOTLK.

[I think that for the four times I rode Everest that day I waited a combined 25 minutes. Have I mentioned that I love single rider lines?]

On my way to Africa I passed by the theater for the new Up bird show and noticed these two statues

I’m not sure how I feel about them. They’re kind of creepy.

I made it down to Harambe in time to catch a seat for the show and got seated in the lion section. FOTLK has one of those moments that makes me tear up every time I see it, no matter what. It’s when they sing “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” and the bird starts to fly. I’m definitely not tearing up thinking about it right now. Nope.

When the show ended I had just enough time to get one final snack before leaving. It took me a moment to choose but I finally decided on an ice cream sandwich from Dino Bites. Naturally because I was in a bit of a hurry, a massive party got in line right before me.

It was a big group of folks that were ordering ice cream for the group to share, and one of the mothers was complaining to the kids about how much money the kids were costing them on the trip. It made me a little sad because I don’t like it when parents make kids feel guilty about money. If a child asks you for something you can’t afford or don’t want to pay for, tell them they have to choose something else. If you choose to purchase the expensive item then that’s on you, not your child.

ANYWAY I finally got my ice cream sandwich and it was MASSIVE. One of the downsides of a solo trip is not having someone to share huge portions with. I did manage to eat most of it but a little bit went in the trash. If I had a little more time I probably could have eaten it all but the delay of the group in front of me put me in a little bit of a time crunch.

The rest of the day was sad and boring. I left my favorite place in the world to fly home.

Okay it wasn’t all sad because at the end of the day I got to hug and kiss my cat again after being gone for 19 days.

And my husband. I’m pretty sure I said hi to him, too.

So that’s a wrap on my magical last-minute whirlwind solo birthday extravaganza! Thanks for making it this far.

If for some reason you care to hear more about our Disney travels then check out the PTR in my signature and be on the lookout for the TRs to follow from our trips this year!

It’s been a blast reliving this with you all. Have a happy day!

Ya know I gave always wondered how people could go to WDW alone .I just never understood it. It seemed boring to me. Well girl...you gave completely changed my mind on that. It looks like you had so much fun just doing whatever you felt like. Not having to worry about anyone else or anything else.

Just followed you on Instagram. Cannot wait to see the new trip!!

My next birthday will be twice your 26 years - but I am inspired by you to make it a solo Disney day! My 50th was at Disneyland with my husband and lots of fun, but he is not a Disney person and was just putting up with me because he loves me. I think a day (or more) to take it all in and wander without having to worry about anyone else's needs sounds wonderful! However, my kids (ages 24 and 21) are sure that my next Disney trip needs to include them! I guess I should be happy they still want to spend time with me, even if it includes taking them to Disney!

Thanks for sharing your trip, I love reading about your adventures! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Yes. Yes, I did. :)

Interesting! I've never seen that one before....must be code for a "walk on" like when Haunted Mansion says 13 minutes. I love that one!

This was such a fun TR to read! Thanks for letting me tag along :)

So glad you joined in!!

Sounds like a great last day!! Have fun on your upcoming trip!!

Thanks friend!!!

Ya know I gave always wondered how people could go to WDW alone .I just never understood it. It seemed boring to me. Well girl...you gave completely changed my mind on that. It looks like you had so much fun just doing whatever you felt like. Not having to worry about anyone else or anything else.

Just followed you on Instagram. Cannot wait to see the new trip!!

It was seriously the best! I hope you get to have a magical solo trip of your own :)

My next birthday will be twice your 26 years - but I am inspired by you to make it a solo Disney day! My 50th was at Disneyland with my husband and lots of fun, but he is not a Disney person and was just putting up with me because he loves me. I think a day (or more) to take it all in and wander without having to worry about anyone else's needs sounds wonderful! However, my kids (ages 24 and 21) are sure that my next Disney trip needs to include them! I guess I should be happy they still want to spend time with me, even if it includes taking them to Disney!

Thanks for sharing your trip, I love reading about your adventures! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Maybe you could have some solo days then the kids could join you!! Thanks for reading along!

I loved the purple wall pics, and that photo of you with the fireworks in the background OMG!!! So perfect!!!

Honestly... I couldn't piece together a better birthday if I tried. Magic Kingdom adventures. Kate Spade clearance earrings. Ice cream. Hocus Pocus. What. A. Day. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with the world.

"Only the brave bypass Pandora and head straight to Starbucks" That is the BIG tea.

You take the NICEST photographs, I am in love with your work.

Honestly, this TR was a 10/10. *Stefon voice* This TR had EVERYTHING. MNSSHP photos, F&WF reviews, a BIRTHDAY celebration...

tenor.gif

Thank you so, so much for sharing this TR with us!! I can't wait to read the next one!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter