What's new at AK?

escriven75

Mouse bars for breakfast!!!
We haven't visited AK the last couple of times to WDW...but are planning to go this time...AK day is 3/25. I somehow managed to snag a very last minute FP+ for Flight of Passage...we ride around the lunch hour. So I'm wondering when is the best time to get in line for Nav'i River without a FP...first thing in the am? Later at night when the sun is down? We usually have plenty of time on our AK day so is there anything else new or lesser known that we should put on our agenda....either in Pandora or elsewhere in the park. I'll admit we're not very good at AK...it is probably the park we've done the least often so far. How about food suggestions? Anything must do in Pandora that will be worth waiting in line? We usually eat at off times so the lines are "shorter" and we're willing to walk around a bit to get here and there. Any suggestions, tips for Pandora, etc are much appreciated!

Navi was easy to ride at park opening time (didn't even have to arrive early). we rode twice in a row with no wait. Pandora is cool to just look around, not much else to do besides photo opportunities. Cool to see at night, but "wowed" me more during the day.

Satu'uli Canteen was great for lunch. Use mobile ordering and you will get food quickly with almost no wait. I had the steak bowl with red and sweet potato base and it was very good. Their desserts (blueberry mousse and a chocolate mousse cake were excellent.)

Also had great meals at Yak and Yeti and Harambe Mkt. Of course Flame Tree BBQ is also good.

Not sure what else is new besides a street carnival with Jose and Panchito. New bird show with an UP theme replacing Flights of Wonder soon.

Obviously Pandora is new. Ride FoP with the FP, I'd hit Navi River Journey first thing in the morning for a low wait. If you don't want to hit it first thing then close to park close would be next best. Both rides are indoors so time of day doesn't affect it.

The quick service spot in Pandora, Satu'li Canteen, is probably the best out of all of WDW.

If you guys like info and short tours then there's currently a free 30-45 min tour at Rafikis planet watch. Can sign up the day of and get to go with a CM backstage to 2 of 4 areas. It's a nice little tour, especially because it's free

Navi was easy to ride at park opening time (didn't even have to arrive early). we rode twice in a row with no wait. Pandora is cool to just look around, not much else to do besides photo opportunities. Cool to see at night, but "wowed" me more during the day.

Satu'uli Canteen was great for lunch. Use mobile ordering and you will get food quickly with almost no wait. I had the steak bowl with red and sweet potato base and it was very good. Their desserts (blueberry mousse and a chocolate mousse cake were excellent.)

Also had great meals at Yak and Yeti and Harambe Mkt. Of course Flame Tree BBQ is also good.

Not sure what else is new besides a street carnival with Jose and Panchito. New bird show with an UP theme replacing Flights of Wonder soon.

Thank you! We've eaten at Flame Tree probably every time we've gone to AK so we should probably try something new, right!?! I haven't tried the mobile ordering yet. Is it from the MDE app? I don't see order as an option but maybe that is because we are not there yet? It sounds like a great plan to avoid lines for food!

Yes, mobile ordering is part of the MDE app. It should have an Order Food option. You can put in your order ahead of time, purchase it when you're ready, then click "I'm here" when you're a couple minutes away. We used it on everything from dinners to Dole Whips. It's a great resource (until everyone else starts using it I guess).

We rode The River Journey near closing time with no wait. Just as one of the above posts suggests, hit it early or near closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter