Whats new since 2016

coaches24

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to DL since I think Christmas 2017 but I get to go again next month as a chaperone for my daughters theater group. For a few years we were regulars and I had planning days in the parks down but since its been a while, what has changed that I need to know about an where do I get the info the be prepared? Not talking rides so much as those are easy to keep up with (I know star wars land is open and the newest ride is opening this month). But what do I need to know about fast passes, and stuff like that that effects the way you plan your days in the parks?

Thanks in advance

Look into MaxPass. It costs extra but you can book your FP's on your phone and you can really rack them up throughout the day. I believe it is $15 per day per person. It's pricey, but you can only buy it on days you want to use it if you prefer.

If you don't already have it, download the free Disneyland app now and start playing with it to get comfortable using it. Have a credit card on file so that you can purchase MP as soon as you activate your tickets at the gate. Also, a credit card on file will let you use Mobile Ordering at CS locations -- study the menus on the app to know what you'll want and where to find it.
F! viewing changed in 2017 -- the dining packages have the best viewing with the least wait -- look into the different packages: HB, RBT, BB (from $ to $$$).
This thread has lots of info -- look through it to see what looks new to you: First trip since October 2015 - what's new?
Some current threads with helpful information for you (ask any questions in these threads):
Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please*
New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019)
Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: an overview and some strategy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter