What's NOT in the Fine Print from yesterday.

You must mean 170 banked 2018 points, not banked 2019 points, correct? Otherwise it would have been current Aug 2019 points you were using and the banking deadline has been extended for them. It's different than what's happening with expiring banked 2018 points.
You're probably right about that,
Thanks

While I do think the rules should be shared, to be fair, they were not under any obligation to extend them,

Granted, the restrIctions are not the best, but there will be some owners who may be able to grade a nigh or two with them

When this all started, many knew that whatever decisions were made on how to deal with the closure were not going to work for all, and for every situation.

You can’t have 12 weeks of rooms disappear and expect that as owners, we won’t feel that in some way or another and that not all points will be saved.

I do get your frustration, especially with the change in policy that was shared with you last month. Lets see how things play out as things could continue to be a moving target,

And, with all the new info regarding no FPs, dining plans, etc. there very well could be rooms left for you to book next week that are the same as what you have.,.or at least at a different place to use them up.
All true, however, we do see that Disney jumped through hoops to ensure that the cash payers were made whole+ & frankly I'm getting the feeling that DVC is simply being given a polite attempt with the knowledge that we're made up of Disney fans who will forgive a lot to keep going & because we believe that Disney is mostly "good". So they dangle the carrot for those who may or may not return to spend money as opposed to those that are an almost annual source of income.

I understand it as a business, but it doesn't mean I think it is right or fair.

I was actually looking at booking some added pre vacation time at Vero Beach and a few days after at WDW. But because of the way they have it set up with saying those points are gift points, I can't book any November time until after August 1. It is a very fine line that I simply do not see of that I feel makes any sense whatsoever. Considering that Disney tells everyone they have no idea (exactly or ball park) of how many points are unused in a years time, it seems they are simply assuming that 100% of the points are used which is a major improbability.

Sorry, let me climb down off the old soapbox here. But that is what my frustration is. I really am more than happy to live with my points expiring at the end of Nov. While I don't think it's as fair as it should be, I could live within that parameter as long as I actually had until Nov to use those points. But the truth is I can only use them between now & August 1 or after August 1 to Dec 1.

All true, however, we do see that Disney jumped through hoops to ensure that the cash payers were made whole+ & frankly I'm getting the feeling that DVC is simply being given a polite attempt with the knowledge that we're made up of Disney fans who will forgive a lot to keep going & because we believe that Disney is mostly "good". So they dangle the carrot for those who may or may not return to spend money as opposed to those that are an almost annual source of income.

I understand it as a business, but it doesn't mean I think it is right or fair.

I was actually looking at booking some added pre vacation time at Vero Beach and a few days after at WDW. But because of the way they have it set up with saying those points are gift points, I can't book any November time until after August 1. It is a very fine line that I simply do not see of that I feel makes any sense whatsoever. Considering that Disney tells everyone they have no idea (exactly or ball park) of how many points are unused in a years time, it seems they are simply assuming that 100% of the points are used which is a major improbability.

Sorry, let me climb down off the old soapbox here. But that is what my frustration is. I really am more than happy to live with my points expiring at the end of Nov. While I don't think it's as fair as it should be, I could live within that parameter as long as I actually had until Nov to use those points. But the truth is I can only use them between now & August 1 or after August 1 to Dec 1.

This has been stated many times, Disney is not DVC and what Disney does for their guests has nothing to do with what happens when you own a timeshare

We are governed by laws that have no impact on the hotel business.

Think of it this way..Some owners who rented points have been generous and refunded their renters the money, even though the contracts were non refundable.

Some owners have not, What one owner does with their property does not mean another owner has to do the same thing, Or, mean the owner who was willing to refund their renter should be refunding others.

So, what Disney does for their guests with their property has nothing to do with us, in terms of our ownership.

Last edited:
Timeshare owners are NOT the same as Disney's cash customers. We are NOT (and should NOT expect to be) treated exactly the same as Disney hotel cash guests. For example, DVC Members who book via MS are not entitled to free dining and/or package discounts.

DVC is a timeshare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!