What's on Your Grocery list for Disney

Disneytrippin'

DIS Veteran
I thought I would start a thread on the topic of groceries we buy for our resort rooms. I couldn't find a thread on the topic other than where to order groceries from. If you have any useful tips on how you feed your family, friends, etc. would be great too.

I will start by saying for early morning park hours we do something light so we can get to transportation early.

My list so far

Milk,
Good Seed Bread
Strawberry Jam (if kids come then Goober Grape)
Mixed Nuts
Beef Jerky
Granola Bars
Coffee (We bring a coffee press because some people like white coffee)
Vanilla, coconut and hazelnut Torani syrup(for espresso) I am a coffee snob
Creamer
Sugar
Frozen breakfast bowls/sandwiches
Cereal/instant oatmeal
Gallon water and water bottles to refill
Gum
Pepsi
Energy drinks

One tip I have for those staying in a room with just a microwave:

To make scrambled eggs-add eggs to a sandwich baggie along with whatever you would like to add i.e. precooked bacon, precooked sausage, cheese, green onions, mushrooms, etc. close up the baggie and shake, squish it around. Microwave the baggie in 45 second increments, squishing in between until you reach the texture you like. For fluffier eggs add a little bit of milk or half and half.

I like to do this for the kids during the holidays. Its fun for them because they get to choose what they want in their scramble eggs. Plus, no extra bowl to clean as you can throw away the baggie.

My biggest issue is lack of a microwave and need things that do not need refrigeration that we can take to the parks.
I found granola bars with chocolate do not always do well in your backpack at the park.
My kids like tuna kits, chef boyardee ravioli bowls..in the parks
In the room they always have lunchables.
If we had a microwave I would buy them mac and cheese cups..
Water bottle koolaid sticks/ drops... it's nice to give them something besides water

Bananas
Apples
Oranges
Individual applesauce cups
Those individual plastic disposable bowls of Cheerios
PeanutButter Honey or jelly...
I try to remember extra ziplock bags to fill with ice from ice machines to use in ice buckets and/or the bottom of mini frig to try to keep it colder.
I notice many people bringing in bigger ice chests .
Always need extra roll of paper towels ...
And a small bottle of white vinegar to clean the coffeemaker!

Last edited:
The most important things on my grocery list are:
-Water(either a case of water or jugs to refill reusable bottles)
-Park snacks that won’t melt(trail mix with no chocolate, pretzels, fruit snacks/fruit leather, goldfish, animal crackers, whole fruit like apples, etc...)

If I’m planning on eating full meals in my room I’ll also get:
-Easy mac
-microwave dinners
-bread, cheese, lunch meat, and condiments for sandwiches
-microwaveable veggie steamers
-microwaveable soup cups

water
milk
minute rice
eggs
pita bread
cold cuts
multi grain bread
havarti & Swiss cheese
hummus
cheerios
goldfish
granola
peanuts/cashews divided
reusable ziplock bags
apples
bananas
oranges

Mostly breakfast and snacky lunchy items - and we are going for 8 days (shout out to Dizzy Dolphin for making this the easiest thing ever)

Bagels
Microwave bacon
Eggs
Medium Sandwich Tray
Potato Salad
Pasta Salad
Snack Chips (lunch bag variety)
Cookie Dough
Cream Cheese
milk
coffee creamer
water
Booze (beer, wine, Daily's frozen cocktails)
Seltzer
Cooking spray
Tin foil
Meat/Cheese tray
Uncrustables
Frozen tater tots
Publix Ice Tea (we are from PA....this is our fave thing ever)

Unless your room provides it, won’t you need:
plates/bowls
Knives/spoons/forks
Cups/coffee cups

also be sure you know what type of fridge you will have. Some are more “drink cooler” than fridge, and might not keep perishables cold enough. Some have no freezer section, or a tiny freezer section.

1 or 2 cases water
several 6 packs soda
Assorted Gatorade
Cereal
Milk,
Coffee (also creamer/heavy cream, Splenda)
Muffins
Assorted snacks like Goldfish, cheese its, lots of chips
Cans of soup (for picky son)
Other quick foods like cans of Ravioli, Kraft mac/cheese cups
Apples
lots of assorted zip loc baggies
straws
We usually bring all of the above

Purchasing after arrival in WDW:
Maybe cheese sticks
frozen pizza/dinners
Milk if not brought
Ice cream (Blue bell) or other frozen treats
sandwich fixins (sometimes-but haven't in a couple trips)
beer/wine if not brought

Am sure I am forgetting quite a bit, and it varies a little each trip, especially if shopping after we get there. We often go to Walmart/Publix or somewhere once we check in, but not always. Depends on length stay/how much we bring, if we plan to eat in parks, etc. we do bring a lot with us since we drive.

I thought I would start a thread on the topic of groceries we buy for our resort rooms. I couldn't find a thread on the topic other than where to order groceries from. If you have any useful tips on how you feed your family, friends, etc. would be great too.

I will start by saying for early morning park hours we do something light so we can get to transportation early.

My list so far

Milk,
Good Seed Bread
Strawberry Jam (if kids come then Goober Grape)
Mixed Nuts
Beef Jerky
Granola Bars
Coffee (We bring a coffee press because some people like white coffee)
Vanilla, coconut and hazelnut Torani syrup(for espresso) I am a coffee snob
Creamer
Sugar
Frozen breakfast bowls/sandwiches
Cereal/instant oatmeal
Gallon water and water bottles to refill
Gum
Pepsi
Energy drinks

One tip I have for those staying in a room with just a microwave:

To make scrambled eggs-add eggs to a sandwich baggie along with whatever you would like to add i.e. precooked bacon, precooked sausage, cheese, green onions, mushrooms, etc. close up the baggie and shake, squish it around. Microwave the baggie in 45 second increments, squishing in between until you reach the texture you like. For fluffier eggs add a little bit of milk or half and half.

I like to do this for the kids during the holidays. Its fun for them because they get to choose what they want in their scramble eggs. Plus, no extra bowl to clean as you can throw away the baggie.

How do you clean a coffee press in the hotel room? I assume you must be staying in a room with a kitchen or kitchenette?

I had thought about bringing a coffee press, but didn’t think the bathroom sink would work for rinsing it out (I even thought about bringing a strainer to pour the grounds into....anything to avoid hotel coffee!)

Another little note - for anyone staying in a DVC villa at least -
If you are making frozen pizza - BRING A PIZZA CUTTER (i mean, you can cut it with a knife....if you're an animal...jkjk)
Bring a pair of scissors - just good to have.

Mostly breakfast and snacky lunchy items - and we are going for 8 days (shout out to Dizzy Dolphin for making this the easiest thing ever)

Bagels
Microwave bacon
Eggs
Medium Sandwich Tray
Potato Salad
Pasta Salad
Snack Chips (lunch bag variety)
Cookie Dough
Cream Cheese
milk
coffee creamer
water
Booze (beer, wine, Daily's frozen cocktails)
Seltzer
Cooking spray
Tin foil
Meat/Cheese tray
Uncrustables
Frozen tater tots
Publix Ice Tea (we are from PA....this is our fave thing ever)

Sandwich tray is such a good idea! We are driving next year and don't plan on rushing into a park the day we arrive, so we are heading to Publix. I'm putting that on my list!

Sandwich tray is such a good idea! We are driving next year and don't plan on rushing into a park the day we arrive, so we are heading to Publix. I'm putting that on my list!

Yup that is exactly what we're doing as well - makes it super easy - just remember to get the condiments/tomato on the side (if you want them) and not on the sandwiches. That way they keep longer if you dont finish all of them the same meal and someone wanted a late night nosh.

How do you clean a coffee press in the hotel room? I assume you must be staying in a room with a kitchen or kitchenette?

I had thought about bringing a coffee press, but didn’t think the bathroom sink would work for rinsing it out (I even thought about bringing a strainer to pour the grounds into....anything to avoid hotel coffee!)
I am staying in a villa. Any sink would do once you throw the grounds out in the trash. I found a really nice travel size press on Amazon.

Drinks - Bottled water, soda, juice( boxes or pack's) and adults beverages..

Breakfast bars - Belvita, or something along those lines.. Individual cereal bowls or boxes, Pop Tarts...
Deli Ham, Salami, turkey, whatever we feel like, with deli sliced cheese - We make roll-ups poolside - we found that the kid's would stop swimming long enough to down one or two of these,then swim, then one or two more... and on and on... LOL
Crackers, Chips, dip's, salsa - Individual dips, salsa, guacamole.
Pickles, olives.
Grapes another item the kid loved.. we kept them in the cooler so that they were always nice and cold.
Individual peanut butter, and individual jelly... Bread... Lots of times we would have this before bed, comfort food...It seems once we would get back to the room, everyone would need something to eat... and this was easy and filling..
Little Debbie's or Cookies...

I used a soft sided cooler each day in the park, with the gel ice packs... I would put a couple in for the day and then have some buried in the cooler, and they would stay frozen, then alternate each day.... for drinks, Individual dips and grapes... and I used a plastic container or two, for chips, cookies, crackers, in the day bag... Worked well for my family as we love to snack around the world...

Normally we would do 2 meals in the parks, and snack around the rest of the time...

I normally really never buy individual packages of anything... The individual package work great for us on vacation, this way we were not wasting anything or trying to figure out what to do with any leftovers... Still I would bring extra baggies, and some small chip clips/or clothes pins... Chip Clips are one of those things that you can use for alot of other things..

Stay DVC studio typically so have microwave, fridge, and toaster available. We order the following items.

Milk
OJ
Bagels
Cream Cheese
Yogurt (a lot since all eat and no one likes the same kind)
bananas
cheese squares
triscuit
string cheese
goldfish
Cheerios
Glucerna or ensure (for my Mom)
Chips & a dip

We often do our big meal in the middle of the day as lunch, so we like to have a few snacks around for the evenings.

No matter what level of kitchen or lack of I usually have

Bagels, PB, Drink Stix, Pringles/Pretzels/Crackers, GranolaBars/Nuts, and Cereal (which I like with or without milk). I often just pack these things.

However I also have a love of the microwave/or add hot water type noodle or mashed potato cups and they are comfort easy snack foods that can sub out a quick lunch for me. LOL

At the resort I usually buy a gallon of water and milk.

If I do have a kitchen I just get stuff for easy meals from a local grocery, ie Frozen chicken strips/nuggets, pasta, salad and sandwich stuff.

I'm not too fussy.

I like to do make-ahead things that can be cooked super-quick in a condo:

- Steak bites -- cut up good steak at home /freeze it in a ziplock with marinade. At the condo, defrost and fry in a pan. Pairs well with a pan of Stouffer's mac-and-cheese.
- Similarly, I like to freeze chicken breasts in homemade marinade, then defrost /grill them at the condo. I'd usually pair them up with a simple cucumber-tomato type salad.
- Ham and cheese sliders (or roast beef sliders) -- can be made ahead of time /just pop into the oven at the condo. These are my husband's FAVORITE breakfast.
- Breakfast burritos -- these freeze well.
- Someone else said sandwich tray: I like to get good sandwich stuff -- nicer stuff than we usually have at home (for example, seedy rustic bread from the deli, good deli meats, hummus, roasted red peppers, lots of tomatoes, red onions, fancy cheeses and sprouts). I package it up in a little plastic tub, which makes it easy to pull out of the refrigerator /have everything together.
- We're ice cream fans, so I like to make homemade ice cream sauces. We especially like peanut butter sauce. Again, I like to put together a little plastic tub of ice cream "fixings" that can be pulled out of the refrigerator easily.
- Our other gotta-have snack is popcorn. We're popcorn fiends.

We did our first dvc stay this July and it’s changed what we do/bring. We cooked some full meals in the room (2br). We drive so we’re able to bring more perishables with us. (family of 5, 3 boys that inhale spaghetti)

we brought- salt, ramen, spaghetti, pasta sauce, popcorn, cereal, chips, Oreos, coke zeros, Capri suns, single serve chocolate milks, onion, garlic (got to dress up the pasta sauce), canned green beans and corn, condiments, hot dogs (we freeze and use it as an ice pack), brita pitcher, Prosecco

we grocery ordered - hash browns, breakfast sausages, milk, ice cream, carrots, frozen meatballs, steamable veggies, bagged salad, grapes, apples, bell peppper, snack packs of cheese and meats, frozen dumplings, oil, butter, eggs, cilantro (can’t live without it), strawberries, bacon.

it was a long trip.
we brought with us also ziplocs, tape and scissors. found we ended up using all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!