What's open THAT early??!!

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
We are (over)planning our September trip, when it looks like we will be sleeping in our clothes and jumping out of bed to rope drop the incredibly early EMH during this month. Hollywood Studios at 6 (we won't try for GE but TSL) Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom at 7. What is likely to be open for snack type breakfasts at these hours? We were hoping for Woody's Lunch Box, maybe Kusafiri at AK, Gaston's in MK. We need to prepare our grands for what the choices may be, even if it is snack carts.

The Starbucks at each park are generally open. But we find them pretty busy first thing in the morning.

The Joffreys kiosks are usually open too. Food selections are fairly limited though. But there’s usually some kind of pastry or donut.

We usually end up bringing food when we go that early. There’s never much open and lines can get long when you do find a snack cart open.

Last edited:
This is new territory for everyone, so we don't know what will be open. At AK and MK, I would think most of the usual snack places will be open by 8:00 which is regular opening. I would expect the same for HS; everything open by regular opening with a few kiosks here and there before. We would definitely have our own breakfast snacks to tide us over until something opened that we really wanted.

The resort QS locations currently open at 6am. I would think they would be opening at least an hour earlier with the EEMH this Fall.

Probably won’t find out until 9/1.

If your group eats snack type breakfast foods, think about having the food in your room. You probably can get food in hotel gift shop or quick service restaurant (if there is one).

Last time we were in HS, EMH, Woody's Lunch Box didn't open until an hour after opening, we ended up sitting there waiting.

GE has a breakfast menu so I'm thinking they'll be open early.

The resort QS locations currently open at 6am. I would think they would be opening at least an hour earlier with the EEMH this Fall.

I don’t know. It would be nice if they did open earlier, but I don’t think they will.

Plenty of people have been at the bus stops before 6am over the two weeks of Christmas and New Years for years. The resort QS locations never open early.

I'd pack some cereal (one size serving boxes) in suitcase and purchase milk at food court (they sell half gallons). Eat in room to tie you over till places open. Value resort food courts currently open at 6, but only the grab n go section.

I'd just grab something to go from the resort's food court especially for the first RD. Some food courts never close so it would be simple to pick something up from the grab and go section. Should your resort's QS not be open 24/7 just buy something the night before and stick it in the fridge. You can always reheat at the food court microwave the next morning if need be. Or buy some fruit cups/ fresh fruit and store in the room's fridge. After your first RD you'll have a better idea of what's available for the later RDs.

Someone over on one of the Star Wars threads reported that a CM at the Boardwalk Bakery said they’d already been told they’ll be adjusting their hours to accommodate those rising early to get to extra extra magic hours. So rumor, not official. It may be one of those things where there’s some trial & error until they see what the “take rate” is for EEMH. I’d think at a minimum resorts might put out the night before the grab & go “snack packs” they offer for sale before runDisney events with a piece of fruit, muffin, granola bar etc. I imagine if there’s revenue to be made, Disney is going to find a way to capture it. These EEMH are going to be interesting, for sure!

I’d think at a minimum resorts might put out the night before the grab & go “snack packs” they offer for sale before runDisney events with a piece of fruit, muffin, granola bar etc. I imagine if there’s revenue to be made, Disney is going to find a way to capture it. These EEMH are going to be interesting, for sure!
That's what I think as well. I don't see them not taking the opportunity to make money over guests eating cereal or whatever in their rooms.

I'm hoping the grab and go and beverage stations are open, or even a limited hot option like Mickey waffles like they offer during hurricanes.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it this fall.
I can't believe that Disney would miss an opportunity like this.
I would expect the resorts to either offer grab n go bags or have a QS option open early.
In the parks, I expect to see some breakfast kiosks and CS open at EMH opening. Doubt the TS restaurants will open early.

We purchase breakfast food before getting to our resort and eat that each morning instead buying at the resort or parks.

We always get breakfast before leaving for the park. We will stop in the resort QS and get a bagel or a cinnamon roll to eat while waiting for the bus. Then when we get inside the parks, we are ready for business. RD is really valuable time and we can get a lot done before an early lunch at 11 or so.

The Food Courts at the All-Star Resort don't open until 6:30 AM(they do have 24/7 Beverage Island access).

I will be surprised if they open early just for that 2 month period,but you never know.

The Grab 'n Go setup I think would be most likely.

Last edited:
For snacks, TYO (take your own). Don't waste time finding them or paying for them. Eat while in a line to pass the time.

If you're on dining plan or want to pay OOP, buy them up a day or two before at a location & time of your choosing & pack them in your day bag for this early morning.

I also find I'm not hungry that early in the morning & just carry my breakfast to the park to eat later...like BelVita & a banana or cereal bar & a yogurt, etc. Plenty of time to eat when waiting for a rope to drop or while in a ride line.

The Food Courts at the All-Star Resort don't open until 6:30 AM(they do have 24/7 Beverage Island access).
I thought they locked the doors at night and the beverage islands were not accessible.

I thought they locked the doors at night and the beverage islands were not accessible.

Up until several years ago that was the case,but no longer.

Pop Century and Art of Animation still do lock up their Food Courts at Midnight because they have a different "setup" with their Merchandise Shops than the All-Stars.

I don’t know. It would be nice if they did open earlier, but I don’t think they will.

Plenty of people have been at the bus stops before 6am over the two weeks of Christmas and New Years for years. The resort QS locations never open early.
I agree,I just don't think there would be enough demand to open up the Resort Food Courts early.

Most Guests will want to be at the Bus Stop by 5:00 AM and I don't think many of them would want to get up early enough to sit down and eat a hot Breakfast before heading to the Bus Stop by 5:00 AM. :)

Grab 'n Go selections would be what most Guests would be looking for I would think-and LOTS of coffee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts