• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's Sea World like on a Rainy day?

brenda1966

DIS Veteran
We are heading back to WDW in October, and last year it rained every day on our trip except one. WDW is pretty easy to handle in the rain because there are several indoor things to do.

How is Sea World during the rain? What are some indoor things to do?
Do they cancel the whale, dolphin, shamu shows if it's raining?

TIA.

We are heading back to WDW in October, and last year it rained every day on our trip except one. WDW is pretty easy to handle in the rain because there are several indoor things to do.

How is Sea World during the rain? What are some indoor things to do?
Do they cancel the whale, dolphin, shamu shows if it's raining?

TIA.

Most stuff is outside at SW. Most of the animal shows have a roof over the seats which is OK if the rain isn't blowing. In my experience shows will go on in rain...but they stopped for lightning.

On the flip side - it is pretty uncommon to get a full day of rain down here. Usually the days showers will pass in an hour and the rest of the day is good. I guess you were lucky last time....

Mostly everything at Sea World is outside and it is a decent walk from one exhibit to another. If it does rain, Pets Ahoy is inside, there is a Cirque de Soleil like show indoors, Wild Artic and the Penguin exhibit. There is always the Waterfront to get something to eat or shop. If I remember, shows go on in the rain unless there is lightening.

We have been to Seaworld on many rainy days and still had a good time. Shark Encounter, Penguin Encounter and Wild Arctic are all indoor attractions. Dolphin Cove and the Manatee exhibit have great underwater viewing areas that are fully enclosed. The Shamu Stadium also has a small covered underwater viewing area. Pets Ahoy and Odyssea are both indoor shows. The shops are fun to browse. You can also hang out at the Hospitality Centre for a while and sample some free Anheuser Busch products. We also have managed to sign up for the Brewmaster's Club on very short notice. This is a fun and educational experience.

dolphingirl47

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter