What's the average # of rides on moderate crowds?

samsonjs

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out about how many rides at MK one could ride if they are focused on rides in say 4 hour time span mornings and night (break in the afternoon)? If I get to rope drop and my first FP is 10-11, can I get on 1 ride or 4 rides before I use my first FP usually? Is it likely that if I have fastpasses one after the other I can still fit a ride in between? I don't know how to figure that out. I tried making a touring plan and it gave me an obscene amount of rides that I didn't think was possible.

We are going April 14-19, 2018.

Also, if you go during night time EMH are there significantly less crowds at EMH than during the day or is it just a little bit lighter?

This is an odd question to but how many people at the park actually stay at the resorts? I've just been wondering that.

very hard to answer, but if your 1st FP is 10-11 that means you have until 11 (actually 11:15) to use it. You can easily get 4 or more rides done before that if you RD a 9am opening and start in Adventure/Frontierland or Tomorrowland.

You can fit rides in between FPs because even if they're back to back that's a 2 hour window.

I'm assuming your week will be similar to last week crowd wise and we got a ton of attractions done.

very hard to answer, but if your 1st FP is 10-11 that means you have until 11 (actually 11:15) to use it. You can easily get 4 or more rides done before that if you RD a 9am opening and start in Adventure/Frontierland or Tomorrowland.

You can fit rides in between FPs because even if they're back to back that's a 2 hour window.

I'm assuming your week will be similar to last week crowd wise and we got a ton of attractions done.

Thanks! I think I will try to aim for the first FP closer to 11. I'm hoping I scheduled it late enough after Easter/Spring Break. Are nights or morning usually less crowded for rides?

it depends on what rides you are trying for some like POTCB JC are easer then 7DMT or PP but anything is easy at RD, I would look at MDE. app and see how long the waits are in the morning

it depends on what rides you are trying for some like POTCB JC are easer then 7DMT or PP but anything is easy at RD, I would look at MDE. app and see how long the waits are in the morning

Yes we have younger kids so we wanted to try a bunch of the smaller rides. I was looking at MDE today and they were all 1-3 hours waits. :(

I would get to the park about 30 to 45 minutes before it opens and you should be able to do 3 to 4 rides before your first FP if you have it for between 10-11 ( like the PP said you can go in line at 11 if need be)

I go peak (July, Presidents week, Xmas week) and rope drop with 3 kids (youngest in a stroller.) I do use a touring plan, and an example MK morning goes like this... Barnstormer, Dumbo (riding one of those attractions twice), Ariel ride, Winnie the Pooh, FP Peter Pan, Small World, 7 Dwarves, Carousel, FP Space, People Mover, then we break for lunch. (This would be from 9-11:30.) We book FP from earliest possible hour, though. You can easily get in 4 rides in 1st hour.

I'm trying to figure out about how many rides at MK one could ride if they are focused on rides in say 4 hour time span mornings and night (break in the afternoon)? If I get to rope drop and my first FP is 10-11, can I get on 1 ride or 4 rides before I use my first FP usually? Is it likely that if I have fastpasses one after the other I can still fit a ride in between? I don't know how to figure that out. I tried making a touring plan and it gave me an obscene amount of rides that I didn't think was possible.

Also, if you go during night time EMH are there significantly less crowds at EMH than during the day or is it just a little bit lighter?

This is an odd question to but how many people at the park actually stay at the resorts? I've just been wondering that.

I would have a little faith in the touring plan. Part of why it seems like the lines are weirdly short in your plan is because you are leaving the park during the time when waits are highest. We were there the week before Thanksgiving last year and rope dropped one park each day, took a nap and closed another (and did EMH every day). Our crowds ranged from 5 at the beginning to solid 10s the last several days and still TP was almost eerily accurate.

I found it amazing how much we were able to do with that style of touring. I just went back and looked at our tour plans and the number of steps in each day (now remember we went and took naps) varied from 18-29. Now that's not just rides but shows, meals, cocktail breaks also. But frankly we had two cocktail breaks that were longer than we spent on any one ride--queue and ride included--all week (and that only counts as one step). Prioritize in case you have to drop a couple things (we never did make it on Splash Mountain--it was closed one time we tried and the other time we had the opportunity we decided it was just cold enough that we didn't want to get wet) but don't plan to not have tons of fun. You'll be surprised how much you can do with your touring style.

On our last visit, we did 16 rides in just under 4 hours between 8 pm and midnight with no fast passes. It happened to be a crowd level 8 day with EMH morning and a lot of guests were leaving as we arrived.

If you RD, you should have no problems getting at least 4 rides done before 11, Then use FPs back to back til your 3 are done, then you can start getting fourth and higher FPs. As for evening EMH, there will be crowds but not as bad as mid day, and the later it gets the more they seem to thin out. If you RD and take advantage of FPs you’ll be fine.

My typical plan is rope drop BTMRR, go immediately to pirates and jungle cruise, go back to splash mountain ( gives it time to warm up a little in case I get wet) and haunted mansion. We usually easily get that done by 11. We FP 7DMT, SM, and buzz. Philharmagic is an easy anytime see. MK was really busy from 11-5 and then cleared out pretty good. About 8 you can walk on about anything because everyone is watching fireworks( and grab a FP for the last hour the park is open) My kids did the evening EMH and were very disappointed. Frontierland rides were not included and standby lines were super long.

When you say obscene amount, how many? If you pack in every minute you’re at the park then yes, it looks like a lot. And probably not doable. But if you leave free time in and/or set the walking pace slower, my experience is that it gives you a pretty reasonable idea. My MK touring plan currently has around 20 non-dining experiences. This includes short things like the Carousel, not all headliners. We will be there that day from RD until HEA. Since you have an afternoon break it’s going to be less in your case. The day we’re doing some of the non FP M&Gs (Alice, Fairy Godmother) has fewer experiences because those can take a while. MK is the park where we have that many experiences - the other parks have fewer because of either more walking or more shows.

Yes, you can fit in rides or shows between FPs.

Did you listen to the interview with Len Testa posted last week? Wait times are wacky on lower crowd days because Disney is lowering ride capacity on those days, specifically M-Th. Interesting interview.

We never rope drop, it adds no value to getting on more rides in our opinion...and we have zero desire to get up at 6am and stand outside of gates for 45 minutes on vacation. We also don't use touring plans, we are more "wing it" style people. I will say we have the "advantage" of being well seasoned WDW vets, so we know what we're doing. Having said all of that, if we show up at 9:30am, we'll usually stay until roughly 3pm. During summer, the least crowded time we go, we can easily hit 10 rides...including the time we take to stop and eat lunch. FP+ is the key.

Those dates are right around the time that we have always gone to Disney, which is usually the Massachusetts school vacation. You can definitely get done more in the morning. So even if you don't want to arrive a half an hour before rope drop, at least try to get there within the 1st half hour of the park opening. The crowds pick up a lot by noon. So we try to get a lot done in the morning and then head back to the resort around 1 or 2 so the kids can swim in the pool for a bit and we kind of miss that most busy part of the day in the park.

When you say obscene amount, how many? If you pack in every minute you’re at the park then yes, it looks like a lot. And probably not doable. But if you leave free time in and/or set the walking pace slower, my experience is that it gives you a pretty reasonable idea. My MK touring plan currently has around 20 non-dining experiences. This includes short things like the Carousel, not all headliners. We will be there that day from RD until HEA. Since you have an afternoon break it’s going to be less in your case. The day we’re doing some of the non FP M&Gs (Alice, Fairy Godmother) has fewer experiences because those can take a while. MK is the park where we have that many experiences - the other parks have fewer because of either more walking or more shows.

Yes, you can fit in rides or shows between FPs.
OK I looked at it again and realized I didn't put a break in but I'm not sure if we will do a break for our first MK day. I put in a TS lunch, QS dinner, parade, fireworks and it did 14 rides including my FP ones. So maybe it's not as much as I thought. It had talking mickey, pirates, spalsh, aladdin before my Peter Pan FP at 10:28. I think I will have to change it because I don't want to do Splash at 9:30am. It also squeezed in Its a small world between Peter Pan and 7dmt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter