Whats the best rate you've gotten for a rental car....

cforza

Mouseketeer
...and how and where did you get it? Trying to decide if we should take a towncar or rent. Thanks for your replies!

Last June 5-20, we got a full size from Dollar for $324 including taxes and surcharges. I wish I could find that rate for our trip this year!

This past Nov/Dec we got a Full size for 10 days at National for $179. that's with a coupon and a discount code from the Disney Club.

The base rate without discounts was $124 plus the added 3 days ($25) and taxes and fees.

Of couse, now I can't get a good rate. It's at $190! base rate, although it was $160 the other day.

Good luck.

In June of 2000, we got an economy car from Payless for $77/week (102.39 w/taxes & fees) through Expedia. Recently, however, L&M's rates have been hard to beat.

I paid $107 for a week with National on 2 trips about a year ago. That's full size Emerald Aisle including tax, including Emerald Club discount and free day coupon. On my trip last month I paid $115. The best I could do for my upcoming May trip is $139, that's with Disney Club discount and free day coupon. I've always been happy with National. I like the fact that they are onsite at WDW if anything goes wrong (nothing ever has). Plus I get FF miles with USAir.

approximately $161(including tax, etc) for a full size from National for Feb 9-16 2002

Chrysler Sebring Convertible thru Dollar, week before Memorial Day 2002, 8 days, $311 total (incl tax and their ridiculous concession fee) using MCC rate code.

Ford Windstar GL, March 2001, $200 w/ tax from Budget using a code in the USA today. That was a "weekly rental" minus a 1 day charge for them not having an SUV (which we reserved).

:)

189 for a minivan @ dollar for aweek a week and a half ago

If your belong to the Disney Club there are 2 different coupons on thedisney Club site for National, one if for a free day with 3 day(I think) rental and the other is for percent off total rental. Can't remember the exact amount but I got an intermediate car for the price of a compact at another rental and what I saved for the week paid for the Disney Club for 2 years!! You do have to present your Disney Club card at check in toget the specials. :smooth:

got a priceline bid of 15.00 per day for an intermediate through Avis, they upgraded us to a full size Monte Carlo last week. I believe with taxes, etc. The cost was about 140.00

I reserved a full size car yesterday with specialty van rental for the week before and after Easter for $122 a week. Found it on travelocity and called them to book direct. They give me an additional 10% off for AAA.

I've never used priceline before, but can you request picking up a car at Jacksonville airport & dropping off at Orlando?

CaliforniaDreaming - what was the code from USA Today???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter