What's the biggest RIP OFF you've ever experienced?

Domo

Wotcha
Easy for me. The Gondola ride in the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Five minute ride, $35. Not even outside.

Domo, sorry you didn't have a great ride. For me, it was a lot of fun and sooooo much longer than 5 minutes. Right this minute I can't think of my biggest rip off but I'll get back with ya on that! :)

Domo, sorry you didn't have a great ride. For me, it was a lot of fun and sooooo much longer than 5 minutes. Right this minute I can't think of my biggest rip off but I'll get back with ya on that! :)

I guess I can at least concede that my gondolier gave me the courtesy of serenading me... ;)

S/O - Pressurised tipping in certain taxis in the US. Can't remember if it was Florida or Vegas... all the cabs are fitted with card machines. All right so far. But when you get there, the on screen display says, How much would you like to tip? 20%, 30%, or 40%? No option to tip, say, 10% or not at all. You can almost certainly opt out, but they try and drill you hard.

Parking fees.
Cost us more to park this weekend in Milwaukee for Irish Fest than it did to get in.

We usually go to Germanfest, but we wanted to see an all girl band from Ireland,so this year we attended Irishfest. I just want to say the Irish people are nuts, the Germans are a whole lot calmer. I think Jameson was everyone’s friend last nite.

$105 to watch a soccer match from the 79th row in "The Big House" Michigan Stadium. My money bought me about 12 inches of bench space, 20 minute lines for concessions, a lack of water for sale, and no phone reception due to all the people being in such a tight area.
Bigger is not always better...

Parking fees.
Cost us more to park this weekend in Milwaukee for Irish Fest than it did to get in.

We usually go to Germanfest, but we wanted to see an all girl band from Ireland,so this year we attended Irishfest. I just want to say the Irish people are nuts, the Germans are a whole lot calmer. I think Jameson was everyone’s friend last nite.

Hey as a red headed blue eyed Irish girl - I resemble that remark:drinking1:drinking1:rotfl2: Bet you thought I would offended but you should see us at wakes & funerals party:

Biggest rip-off was a haunted house a few years ago. It was $40 for 2 of us and lasted less than 10 minutes. Oh not scary at all.

I didn't pay for this, but a couple of months ago the in-laws took us to Medieval Times in SC (which is not something I would have chosen to do on my own). They tell you to come very early (maybe 60 minutes or so?) and once you get there, there isn't really anything to do other than buy overpriced drinks, shop from the gift shop, or visit this "museum of medieval torture". After standing around for 30 minutes they decided to pay for us to go into this "museum," which turned out to be a hallway with a bunch of fake torture stuff in it (some of which was pretty inappropriate for my kids to see). It was both a colossal waste of money and a rip-off.

Parking fees.

"God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from Conquering the World"

Indoor mini golf at a n indoor water park arcade. It was broken so we only paid for one person but it wasn’t even worth that

Over $3000 for a doc in urgent care to spend 30 seconds putting super glue on DD's head when she cut it open when she was 2. The following day, the glue split open and she was bleeding again. Another 5 mins with a doc and $900 for him to tell me to put a band-aid on it. After fighting the price, I was eventually given a 50% discount for not having insurance, but we still had to pay over $2000 for overall less than 10 mins with a doctor and a pea-sized amount of glue applied to her forehead.

Earthquake ride in Gatlinburg TN. What a joke! I thought it was like Earthquake that used to be at Universal. Not even close.

Tons of things don't seem worth the price after the fact, but one MAJOR one that comes to mind is the $70.00 CAD (49.99 Euro) cheeseburger DH had at Walt's - An American Restaurant in DLP. We headed there straight off the red-eye from Calgary. We were dizzy from jet-lag and completely disoriented to how much things cost when converted from Euros; it didn't seem so completely insane in the moment. :crazy: I cringe now thinking about it. This isn't my picture but the plate did look exactly like this - yes, that's 9 fries, NINE FRIES...
hommage-a-walt-disney.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter