What's the biggest RIP OFF you've ever experienced?

Ok, you beat me on the meal, the kids and I met some family members at a restaurant today that we felt was a rip-off. We had a small burger on the way down because we weren’t sure when we were eating and we all missed lunch.

We ate when we got there. The meal was very small and not worth what we paid. The company was fantastic and worth the trip. When we got in the car the kids both said they were glad we had a sandwich on the way down and then wanted to stop for milkshakes on the way home. We stopped for shakes.

We all said we would go back to meet family, but eat before we go and just have dessert at the restaurant.

Tons of things don't seem worth the price after the fact, but one MAJOR one that comes to mind is the $70.00 CAD (49.99 Euro) cheeseburger DH had at Walt's - An American Restaurant in DLP. We headed there straight off the red-eye from Calgary. We were dizzy from jet-lag and completely disoriented to how much things cost when converted from Euros; it didn't seem so completely insane in the moment. :crazy: I cringe now thinking about it. This isn't my picture but the plate did look exactly like this - yes, that's 9 fries, NINE FRIES...
hommage-a-walt-disney.jpg

$20 for the food; $50 labor charge for arranging the nine fries "just so." Well worth it. ;)

Parking fees.
Cost us more to park this weekend in Milwaukee for Irish Fest than it did to get in.

We usually go to Germanfest, but we wanted to see an all girl band from Ireland,so this year we attended Irishfest. I just want to say the Irish people are nuts, the Germans are a whole lot calmer. I think Jameson was everyone’s friend last nite.

We went yesterday afternoon/evening with the kids. It was pretty calm--probably because it was Sunday night. We paid $15 to park but weren't shocked by it--I pretty much expect to pay $15 or 20 for a decent parking spot for one of the festivals.

Tons of things don't seem worth the price after the fact, but one MAJOR one that comes to mind is the $70.00 CAD (49.99 Euro) cheeseburger DH had at Walt's - An American Restaurant in DLP. We headed there straight off the red-eye from Calgary. We were dizzy from jet-lag and completely disoriented to how much things cost when converted from Euros; it didn't seem so completely insane in the moment. :crazy: I cringe now thinking about it. This isn't my picture but the plate did look exactly like this - yes, that's 9 fries, NINE FRIES...

Sorry but I cannot stop laughing at this... like tears... someone actual took the minute to lay those out... did the server glide like Giselle to not knock that tower down.

like analretentive placement of fries.. besides being ripped off. curious being Europe, did they charge for the ketchup packet löl!!

High school senior year everything for kids. $105 for yearbook, cap and gown rental $65, $50 to just apply to 1 university (some were more) etc...
Not to mention the grad pictures cost so much more then the school pictures just because they are wearing a hat and gown.

School pictures, making you a whole package because you are not paying $20 for one 8x10 when the package for a boat load is only $40.

$1,200 urgent care vet bill for my last pug. She was 11 at the time and had pneumonia. My vet was changing venues and was referring people to the emergency clinic for pets.

First of all, this pug had pneumonia every few months. I knew what she needed clavamox and torbutrol. I told the dr that.

He causes a huge scene in front of my young kids. "This dog needs surgery to correct her breathing! She could die with the way she's breathing." He said that we needed to schedule an appt with a veterinary surgeon. I asked him if he understood that she was a pug and that is how a lot of brachiocephalic dogs breath. He left the room.

The average lifespan for a pug is 12 years. She lived to be over 15... no surgery ever needed other than spaying her when she was little.

He takes xrays and says that it's unclear and she needs to stay for the night. Cha-ching...

In the morning, I got a call from the vet that relieved him. She said that the first xrays were blurry so they took them again. She had pneumonia and I could pick her up at any time. She needed clavamox and torbutrol and she'd be fixed right up.

Since then, if I've needed a pet ER, I've called first and asked if the first vet is working. I won't take my pugs anywhere that he is.

I filed a complaint to the owner of the ER, too. Nothing was done.

We went yesterday afternoon/evening with the kids. It was pretty calm--probably because it was Sunday night. We paid $15 to park but weren't shocked by it--I pretty much expect to pay $15 or 20 for a decent parking spot for one of the festivals.
$15 seems fine, but parking where I live is pricey. I’m Irish, and as a mom if two competitive Irish dancer, yes, the Irish can be nuts. Did you see the red hot chili pipers?

If we're talking about food, we were taken for a ride in Venice, at a tourist trap. We ordered "scampi" but got two, count them two, fried shrimp.

Boo.

Paying 3 separate contractors several thousand dollars to fix a leak in our roof that never actually got fixed, and realizing it was a builder error that should have been fixed for free during the warranty period. It leaked whenever it rained really hard and wind made the rain beat horizontally against the house- that didn't happen often (maybe 5-6 times in the 17 years we lived there), but each time it did, it caused lots of water to drip from the dining room ceiling. We attempted to get it taken care of once and for all 4 times- each time, the contractor would say it was for sure fixed, and then a year or 2 later, we'd get a big storm and it would leak in exactly the same spot. Of course, it was never within the 12 month warranty time period the contractors gave us.

We finally sold the darn house "as is" to a company who buys up houses in our former city for the rental market. Got a great price, and the leak became their probkem.

Here in the States, that's not a side order of fries; that's Jenga.

Darn French can't even do French Fries right

HOLY CRAP!

I apologize for my shock'n response.

College fees every semester. Parking, ID card fee, health fee, activity fee, capital improvement fee, installment service charge, medical compliance fee, health promotion fee, counseling fee, student union fee, transportation fee, technology fee, wellness center fee, student life & services fee, DRC accommodations fee, and financial aid fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter