What's the closest you've had Waitlist come through?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm kind of discouraged. I've been on the WL for a studio at VGF since the day the 7 month window opened. Today's exactly 30 days, and still no luck. It's not all bad-I'm reserved at the Poly, which I'm looking forward to, especially since I've never stayed at any monorail resort. Just wondering-is there any hope of my WL coming through in the days between 30 and 5?

I had one, the only one I every tried for, come in at 7 days before the trip. In your case you are looking for the resort with the fewest studios at the busiest time of the year for DVC. Good luck but have back up plans.

So, on Saturday night I was on the website. I have HHI studio for Aug 27-30 and had the 26th waitlisted for about 2 months. I am on there Sat and see the 30th is available but not the 26th. The 26th was like 15 points versus 23 for the 30th so that's why I had the 26th waitlisted (and we have another waitlist for Dec). But I prefer the 30th anyway as it's Friday...just to be there a bit of the weekend. So I grabbed it and forgot about the waitlist. The next day I go back on the site to cancel my WL and see that it's gone...I do a search and see the 26th is now available. So I suspect my WL had come through and they held it Saturday night and went to put it through on Sunday and my points had been used by me the night before (to book the 30th) so they cancelled to WL as I didn't have points there to book it. So 2.5 weeks out.It can happen. And we even grabbed a night at HHI in July the day before. We watch availability and last minute stuff opens all the time. When we grabbed the Sat night in a 1BR in July, it also had Sun and Mon in a studio open up.

Oh and the less night you have waitlisted the better. If 4+ nights it will be tough. Just stalk the availability searcher. Maybe 2 nights will pop up and you can grab them.

I had a BWV standard studio that was waitlisted for 3 nights over New Year's become available 2 weeks before check-in - I considered that a Christmas Miracle but I really think that anything is possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter