• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the latest on Flying Fish?

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
DH & I used to eat at FF for our adult-only meal. We had some excellent eating experiences there. As our DSs got older, they joined us for two meals there and we were all disappointed. It's been over two years since we've eaten there and we were considering FF for one of our dinners. Has anyone eaten there recently?

I ate there in January of this year. Flying Fish was easily one of the best meals I've had, and I've been lucky and had a lot of good meals. I don't usually rave about the restaurants at WDW (though I usually enjoy them well enough), but this is an exception. I'm going back in July and wouldn't miss it!

I was at the Flying Fish in Feb. 2004 and am going again in two weeks! I love this restaurant and so does my DS (10). We both love the atmosphere, inside the restaurant, and outside, after dinner, on the Boardwalk. The food is great and the service is very attentive. Give it one more chance!

I agree. We ate there in December and will be dining there again in July (and on every trip thereafter). The food is wonderful, as is the service.

Thanks for the positive feedback. We'll probably give FF a try in Aug. One of the things that puzzled us was with a name like Flying Fish, we always expect really good seafood entrees. During our earlier visits, we enjoyed great swordfish and "pink" scallops (supposedly because they were from very deep waters & fed on coral) as memorable entrees. The last two visits featured tilapia as the special. Just not memorable.

Haven't eaten at the Flying Fish, but here are the main entrees at the end of June:

Potato Wrapped Red Snapper
Center Cut Pork Chop
Coriander Crusted Yellowfin Tuna
Oak-Grilled Columbia River Salmon
Pan-Roasted Alaskan Halibut Fillet
Char-Crusted New York Strip Steak

:fish:

We went in May and took my parents. They LOVED it and both are very picky. Our waiter was Jay from Morocco, and he was the best waiter I've ever had anywhere. My parents were blown away by the food and service, and I was so proud that WDW shined that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter