What's the least amount of time you would budget FOP-Tiffins?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
Trying to make FPs and FOTLK package (seeing the show and eating the meal) work - we have a 4:30pm FP on FOP - would you feel comfortable booking a 5:05pm ADR at Tiffins? I feel like it's close but doable since they are not that far apart but maybe I'm kidding myself.

I don't have any problems getting 'close' on my times, using the grace periods that are built into these systems. So, if you're really worried about it, arrive to the FP tap in at 4:15 & I would feel very comfortable arriving to Tiffins at 5:15. But, really you're not going to have any trouble making that fit.

No, I would not be comfortable with that. You could easily spend 30 minutes at FoP, evening going through the FP line.

I thought you could tap in 15 minutes late but only 5 minutes early.

Magic Bands can be tapped in 5 minutes before or 15 minutes after a scheduled FP time. No, I would not be comfortable at all with the times the OP outlined. I have stood in the FP line for 15 - 20 minutes at times, depending on crowd levels, earlier temporary shut downs of the ride, party sizes...lots of factors. If the FP for FOP is at 4:30, I wouldn't schedule a meal until 5:30 or after to be safe.

Trying to make FPs and FOTLK package (seeing the show and eating the meal) work - we have a 4:30pm FP on FOP - would you feel comfortable booking a 5:05pm ADR at Tiffins? I feel like it's close but doable since they are not that far apart but maybe I'm kidding myself.

I just did this 3 weeks ago. I had a FP for FOP and from entry to leaving back into Pandora was 40 minutes. Now since Tiffins so close to Pandora that is a big plus. But allow at least 45min even with FP. FYI, Tiffins was EXCELLENT!!! a real hidden gem.

You want to arrive 15 min before your FP time and as others have stated there is often a line to tap in for FP. It is up to the CM whether they will let you in early or not. Some may ask you to wait, others will not. By being there 15 minutes before your time and trying, you will know that you got in at the earliest allowable time. Usually when I'm turned away from my early FP attempt, I circle back and get in the FP tap in line and will be allowed through on my second attempt.

I’d have a little anxiety but you should have the time. You should be on and off FOP in 20-30 min and it’s less than a 5 min walk to Tiffins. If the ride goes down or something and it takes you a while just tell Tiffins when you check in and they will most likely accommodate. You should be fine within normal circumstances though.

I have ridden FOP many times with FP+ and it has, typically, taken me 35 - 45 minutes to get from the FP+ line, to the ride and through the gift shop. Add an extra 5 minutes to walk fast to get to Tiffins and you are at the 40 - 50 minute mark, so, yes, it is possible, but potentially very stressful. I would be at FOP at 4:20 pm (in case there is a line at the FP+ tapstile) so you can tap in at 4:25 pm and hope for the best. I find it's the loading area and then potential delays in the first holding room and on the actual ride that can make really hold up the entire process.

Thanks for all of the responses. One quirk about this dining package, if you didn't know, is that the FOTLK show times that they offer you are completely unpredictable, i.e. a 4:50 reservation will put you in the 6pm show but a 5:05 reservation will put you in the 3pm show, so it can be a challenge to find a time that works for the show, the meal, and your other FPs. I am going to keep trying to find a combo that gives us a little more breathing room but I don't know if that will be possible.

Yes, you can do it. I'd book this without even the slightest hesitation and wouldn't have any anxiety at all. If you're nervous, use the grace period built into the Fastpass system to queue up for Flight of Passage a few minutes early. Is it possible you're a couple minutes late to Tiffins? Sure, absolutely. Barring something really crazy, you certainly won't be late enough to risk losing your table at the restaurant.

To be clear, I'm not at all suggesting people should intentionally show up late to dining reservations. Of course not. That would be rude and unfair to both the restaurants and other guests. But I also think we can sometimes worry a little too much about adhering to a rigid schedule. If you make a genuine effort to arrive at 5:05 and actually make to the podium at 5:15, nobody will hold it against you -- and rightfully so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter