What's the most I can skimp on a hotel?

The Disney property is HUGE. The OP mentions walking to the monorail and the only hotels that is practical to do is the Grand Floridian, Polynesian/Shades of Green & Contemporary which are typically the most expensive places at Disney. Also need to think about which park(s) you intend to visit since no one hotel is closest to every park.

Disney is a relatively expensive place to vacation (i.e. park tickets/food) even if you stay at some offsite hotel.

I'm leaning toward recommending a Disney Value resort like many other posters, but @checkhovgirl has a good suggestion of Wyndham Bonnet Creek too - especially when I think about the in-unit no-extra-charge washer and dryer, that might be a really big plus for you in the middle of an extended trip. Especially since you can throw in a load and go and not have to wait around a laundry room or laundromat.

we stayed at the clarion inn in lake buena vista and could walk to disney springs in under half an hour. we also used a mix of the hotel shuttle, uber and the public bus . i cant remember exact price but it was £300-£400 for 7 nights ( we are family of 5 )

When I used to live in Kissimmee I used to use the lynx bus 56 to get the transportation and ticket center where you can use the monorail or the boat to get to magic Kingdom it cost 5 bucks for a day pass it started running pretty early in the morning if you stayed in Kissimmee just use an uber to the hotel and back to the airport or you can jump the 111 lynx bus at the airport to the sand lake road sunrail stop ask for a transfer to the sunrail click transfer on the machine than slide it it may ask you to pay a dollar or two more cause the transfer is only good though so far but it shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks more and I can't remember since its been while but it will print a ticket for the sunrail take the sunrail to downtown Kissimmee only thing is the sunrail doesn't run on the weekend when you get downtown the lynx buses come right across the street where you should be able to get one to several of the hotels would have to ask the driver which one it takes a little more time to get from the airport to the hotel but its a lot cheaper than uber ride might help you a cheaper deal on a room

Last edited:
I stayed at the clarion inn lake buena vista last September for $67 per night. I did use Uber & Lyft to the parks each morning, and then coming back, I’d take a bus to disneys prongs and Uber from there to save a little bit of money. It was cheap, nice and clean. It’s very close to Disney Springs. I’d def stay there again for a budget friendly option. But that said, for the amount I ended up spending on the Lyft rides, I probably could’ve stayed at the best western at Disney Springs and used their bus system instead. I just didn’t want to deal with learning a new bus system when I’m so used to disneys.
Also, I used a Mears shuttle to/from the airport. It was about $38 round trip. Cheapest option I could find.

we stayed at the clarion inn in lake buena vista and could walk to disney springs in under half an hour. we also used a mix of the hotel shuttle, uber and the public bus . i cant remember exact price but it was £300-£400 for 7 nights ( we are family of 5 )
Haha I just posted about the clarion as well! It really is great budget option! I stayed solo but would go back with my family of 5 as well!

I stay on Palm Parkway a couple of times a year and get to WDW using public transportation. It’s not as convenient as Uber or a Disney bus but it gets the job done. A week pass is $16. I usually book a condo through SkyAuction which allows me to save a bit on food as well.
http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/3313601
On a shorter trip I’ve also stayed at the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. It works for me but this is definitely a budget motel. Here’s their shuttle schedule:
https://static.wixstatic.com/ugd/7cef73_bd36a7f4980b4ef4be964c32aa28b079.pdf

Last edited:
I think your best bet is actually a Disney Springs value hotel instead of regular Disney value because some are cheaper than the All Stars and you get pretty much all the perks except for airport transportation. I LOVE Wyndham Bonnet Creek but the shuttle is unreliable so you would have to rent a car and no Disney perks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!