What's the most you ever spent on a pair of shoes?

$40. I go through shoes too quickly walking on asphalt & concrete all the time.

I did, however drop $50 last month on a new pair of specialized runners orthotic inserts for at a runners' marathon expo. I was fitted with 6 different types of inserts before settling on this pair. They are fantastic! :cloud9: I thought, "These marathon runners have to run a grueling 27 miles, plus all the training leading up to a marathon every day, yet I'm having trouble just walking around the city in a single day, on the same surfaces. Something is wrong with this picture." :scratchin

For years, I had other orthotics that used to have high arches to push up & compensate for my flat arches. But, I'd come home at the end of a day, limping from wearing those orthotics and have foot cramps later in the evening. The new technology for these inserts took out the high arch support for a lower one. And instead, my foot is supported in a low, carbon heel cup, so my feet don't pronate/roll in. I'm no longer limping or having foot cramps. :thumbsup2 The limping & later cramping was actually created from the arch supports pushing up & compressing my arches upward into an unnatural position. The new inserts take into account: this is my foot. Instead of trying to change my feet/arches, support my foot so I can walk/run securely, easily and without creating pain. :worship:

Oh yes. $1200 CAD for boots and blades DH bought when he skated. Thought he was done growing at age 19 and they would last him Nope. He grew 4 inches and 2 full shoes sizes. Fortunately they fit MIL so she got some great skates.

That's about how much a new pair of skates would cost for me now - and I'm so glad older daughter gave up skating in college and switched to rugby! There was no way we could have helped her with tuition and continued to pay for ice time, lessons, and skates :)

The most I paid for regular footwear was about $100 for Uggs - not the all fleece/suede ones, though. These are winter side-zip boots with wool linings and thick soles and a bit of fleece in the toes and ankles to keep the feet super warm. They are my favorite things to wear when it's cold out!

I totally think that's going to depend on the person.

No way am I buying a pair of shoes every few months.

My $35 boots I bought on clearance have lasted me something like 6 or 7 years and I've worn them all over the place. I couldn't even tell you the brand (but it sure wasn't no high fancy brand :D) as that's been worn off. And they are just now starting to have the outside leather-like material break down. So at 6 years that would be $5.83 or at 7 years that would be $5.

My Rykas that I've spent anywhere from $25-just over $30 for have lasted me quite a while. I have 2 of the same kind but in different colors and I was able to get one color for $25 on Amazon for instance. DSW was originally selling those Rykas for $70 and the other pair I got on clearanced and with a coupon added. I've forgotten where I got the one two Rykas I own but I'm guessing they were heavily on sale as well.

Specialty shoes-like for a specific activity or for the health and well-being of a person (like for diabetics or foot ailments) are on a different class though than someone just buying shoes for themselves (adding in the word custom will drive up the costs).

Really what you're talking about is well-made, higher quality shoes and normally that means it comes with a high price tag but a person def. doesn't have to spend that to get them.

Yes, even though you’re not spending much, you’re still buying decent shoes.

A $70+ pair of shoes purchased on clearance for $25 are definitely a different quality and will last much longer than a pair of $25 shoes from Walmart.

I often argue with my sister because she refuses to buy decent shoes because they “wear through shoes too quickly”, but if they bought better quality shoes they probably wouldn’t need to be thrown out after 6 months of wear.

It’s the same argument I have with my mom about toilet paper. She buys the super cheap thin kind because they “go through tp so quickly” but if she would buy decent toilet paper people wouldn’t use as much.

For me? Probably $65.

My older son is a shoe-addict, and that's his currency.

Christmas, birthday, report card, etc... Shoes are reward. His last pair was about $200.

Probably about $150 for a pair of good dress shoes. I've had them for years and only wear them to weddings or other special occasions.

A few years ago DW and I were in Nordstrom and she was looking at the vast shoe selection. She showed me a pair and said they're reasonably priced at $75. I told her to look at the tag again. They were $750.

About $100 probably. Most of my shoes are in the $40 range but I need decent winter boots and the ones I actually like are all in the $150 range.

Now my dream shoes are in the $875 range but a lottery win would probably have to be involved before those came home with me.

Some of the amounts listed on these posts scare the living heck out of me, to be honest. LOL.
I'm with you.

I have a pair of New Balance tennis shoes that typically run $60. New Balance is the widest I've ever found (4E) and most comfortable.

My work shoes/boots are typically $125, but we have a $100 reimbursement.

I'm looking for a hiking shoe to use on the bicycle. First, I find very little in extra wide (3E or 4E) and those that are, seem to be over $100. Don't have that kind of money so I wear my work shoes since the soles are stiffer than my tennis shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter