What's the next Disney classic out of the vault?

Kind of upset the Caballeros one fell through, that's one of the more underrated ones in my eyes

Big 3 Cab fan here! I know it's kind of quirky but I love the combo animation/live action effect. I have the old 3 Cab laser disc boxed set that has so much great material on it. Wish they'd put all that material on a bluray and combo with Saludos Amigos. Fans of this era of Disney should check out the documentary "Walt & El Grupo" --really interesting from the South America perspective.

I am a member of the Disney Movie Club and the next one out is Bambi
Looks like you're correct, my original source has been updated.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Walt_Disney_Signature_Collection

# Film Signature Collection Release Date DVD Set Release Date Digital Release Date Disappeared to Vault
1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs February 2, 2016 February 28, 2017 January 19, 2016 TBA
2 Beauty and the Beast September 20, 2016 February 28, 2017 September 6, 2016 TBA
3 Pinocchio January 31, 2017 January 31, 2017 January 10, 2017
TBA

4 Bambi TBA TBA TBA TBA

Big 3 Cab fan here! I know it's kind of quirky but I love the combo animation/live action effect. I have the old 3 Cab laser disc boxed set that has so much great material on it. Wish they'd put all that material on a bluray and combo with Saludos Amigos. Fans of this era of Disney should check out the documentary "Walt & El Grupo" --really interesting from the South America perspective.
I thought it was too weird for me until I saw Walt and El Grupo. Ever since then I can't look at it the same, and I'm thankful for that. And, ugh I want that laserdisc, or someone to leak the bonus features online. This past summer I sat in front of my tv with a blu in the player and DVD in my laptop and compared art galleries between releases, so I've been really curious about laserdiscs recently

Last edited:

As someone from the U.K I'm confused by this whole thing. In the US can you not just go to the Disney Store, Amazon or any supermarket or media seller in store or online and get a Disney DVD/Blu-Ray?

As someone from the U.K I'm confused by this whole thing. In the US can you not just go to the Disney Store, Amazon or any supermarket or media seller in store or online and get a Disney DVD/Blu-Ray?

Nope. There is a group of 14 Disney films that can only be purchased during their release window. Snow White, Pinocchio, Bambi, Dumbo, Fantasia, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleepy Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King.

Currently in stores I could go find Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo and Alice in Wonderland.

Even some of the more recent films like Tangled are hard to come by and when you do they are much more expensive compared to new releases.

Nope. There is a group of 14 Disney films that can only be purchased during their release window. Snow White, Pinocchio, Bambi, Dumbo, Fantasia, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleepy Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King.

Currently in stores I could go find Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo and Alice in Wonderland.

Even some of the more recent films like Tangled are hard to come by and when you do they are much more expensive compared to new releases.
Alice and dumbo are not vault films though. Alice hasn't been taken off shelves since the un anniversary edition in 2010 and dumbo hasn't been taken off shelves since 2011. They both got new editions through the Disney movie club but ever since bluray they have not been vaulted like you're implying

For a limited time, yes. Then as they sell out at warehouse level, they are SOLD OUT and they don't re-stock until they are re-released from the vault again. ;) Of course I do 99% of my hardcopy disc shopping at a trade-in retailer where they sell Blu-Ray new releases for like $5-10. So I can regularly find Disney movies - not always the fanciest newest Blu-ray edition, but... I can rely on them more than say, another brick and mortar who has to sell at $40.

Alice and dumbo are not vault films though. Alice hasn't been taken off shelves since the un anniversary edition in 2010 and dumbo hasn't been taken off shelves since 2011. They both got new editions through the Disney movie club but ever since bluray they have not been vaulted like you're implying

I just went by the list I found. I didn't think they were anymore since they are very easy to find. But they were on the list.

Will there ever be a Diamond Edition of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids?!? :earsboy::rotfl2:
Unfortunately not because they only do this for the animated titles from WDAS

Bambi was confirmed for June, the only new bonus feature that stuck out to me was the long lost Oswald short Africa before dark. Probably with the exception of the art gallery, the short and hopefully lossless audio this time around looks to be identical to the diamond disc

The Lion King comes out this month. I'm excited about that! Or did it already come out??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter