What's the next Disney classic out of the vault?

I wish they would release the ones that were filmed in 3D as 3D here in the states. Getting tired of ordering them from overseas. Just got Ratoullie from Greece this week. Had to get Malificent from Russia when it came out in 3D. Don't understand why they release the 3D versions overseas but not in the USA.

I wish they would release the ones that were filmed in 3D as 3D here in the states. Getting tired of ordering them from overseas. Just got Ratoullie from Greece this week. Had to get Malificent from Russia when it came out in 3D. Don't understand why they release the 3D versions overseas but not in the USA.

I have no great answer. I had completely forgotten they converted Ratatouille and the Incredibles into 3D films.

But 3D TV's never really took off in the U.S. and have been deemed "dead" by the consumer electronics industry. I guess Disney decided there wasn't enough of a market, either because they didn't sell enough 3D BD's or because they don't want to cannibalize their 3D box-office (I'm guessing the former).

As for overseas, the release rights get handled by other companies because many countries have their own laws (and/or monopolies) for film distribution and broadcast.

It is interesting to see how different each market is.

As a 3D tv owner, I agree but @maltdizzy hit it on the head perfectly. And to be blunt, the 3D in disneys movies weren't that great anyway, with Pixars 3D being unnoticeable

I have no great answer. I had completely forgotten they converted Ratatouille and the Incredibles into 3D films.

But 3D TV's never really took off in the U.S. and have been deemed "dead" by the consumer electronics industry. I guess Disney decided there wasn't enough of a market, either because they didn't sell enough 3D BD's or because they don't want to cannibalize their 3D box-office (I'm guessing the former).

As for overseas, the release rights get handled by other companies because many countries have their own lawsI(and/or monopolies) for film distribution and broadcast.
It is interesting to see how different each market is.

As a 3D tv owner, I agree but @maltdizzy hit it on the head perfectly. And to be blunt, the 3D in disneys movies weren't that great anyway, with Pixars 3D being unnoticeable

But then they release the Star Wars and many of the Marvell movies on disk in 3D. Some of the Pixar movies, such as Good Dinosaur, Inside Out, Zootopia, Moana are released in 3D in the states while others aren't. I have gotten to the point now that I don't buy any Disney movie that was shown in theaters as 3D, but not released as such in the states. A couple times I bought the bluray only to have the 3D version released a few months later. If they don't, I just search evil bay to see if it was released overseas.

Yeah, I probably jumped into 3D too quickly. I converted a spare room into a theater with projector, very large screen, built in 7-CH speakers, etc. when 3D came out. I have a pretty good selection of 3D movies, it's just irritating to know the movie was released in 3D, but Disney chooses not to release all of their content that way.

But then they release the Star Wars and many of the Marvell movies on disk in 3D. Some of the Pixar movies, such as Good Dinosaur, Inside Out, Zootopia, Moana are released in 3D in the states while others aren't. I have gotten to the point now that I don't buy any Disney movie that was shown in theaters as 3D, but not released as such in the states. A couple times I bought the bluray only to have the 3D version released a few months later. If they don't, I just search evil bay to see if it was released overseas.

Yeah, I probably jumped into 3D too quickly. I converted a spare room into a theater with projector, very large screen, built in 7-CH speakers, etc. when 3D came out. I have a pretty good selection of 3D movies, it's just irritating to know the movie was released in 3D, but Disney chooses not to release all of their content that way.
If they come out in 3D, I'll buy them in 3D. If they don't, oh well. I honestly didn't mind that Big Hero 6 and Frozen didn't have 3D releases, even though I was hoping for them to rerelease Frozen like the directors promised with actual bonus features. The only thing I'll say I miss is seeing Feast and Get a Horse in 3D, as I watch the shorts more in 3D due to time. I did think Zootopia and Moana had good 3D. The 3D bluray of Zootopia in fact I bought with my first ever paycheck. Ok back to what you said:
I might import the original Beauty and the Beast though, as I'm definitely not paying 100 for three discs that I already have and a digital copy I wouldn't even be able to use anyway

I wonder why the dates for Lion King were off a bit? It was said to be released on Oct 3 yet it was released on Tuesday. I missed the presale for Bambi. Now I can't get the litho set. Cars 3 went on presale on Thursday. I actually buy the movies for the litho sets. I have yet to see Cars 3. Is it worth it?

I wonder why the dates for Lion King were off a bit? It was said to be released on Oct 3 yet it was released on Tuesday. I missed the presale for Bambi. Now I can't get the litho set. Cars 3 went on presale on Thursday. I actually buy the movies for the litho sets. I have yet to see Cars 3. Is it worth it?

My four year old likes the Cars movies. I find them unwatchable.

Digital.
The fewer wires in my house the better. I dont belong to the DMC because we dont even own a dvd player or a blu ray. I just wait until they become available digitally and buy them. (I also have a friend who digitized all of his DVD/Blu Ray collection so weve used his)

Up was incredible in 3D! The only movie I've actively liked in that format.
It’s subjective to be perfectly honest. I know one of my favorites 3D wise was the recent Spongebob movie. To some people it was a “pop-up book” but to me it was an entirely different world. To me good 3D is based on if you can telling a difference, and boy did it look just wonderful seeing it take advantage of 3D. Yeah it looked different but it took advantage of being in 3D and that’s what sold me on it. Lion king had the same effect on me. I’m too poor to get beauty and the beast but I think I’m going to import it since I know I’ll love it. Up didn’t wow me in 3D but like I said it’s subjective and you could be looking for something that I wasn’t :)
If it is indeed Fantasia (one of my favorites) for the love of God please have Deems Taylor's original voice. I was so excited when it was released on blu ray, but I can't abide that voice over!!
Well, that’s if they found a durable enough print of the soundtrack for Deem’s voice. Disney wants to, to be perfectly honest, they only haven’t because it is incomplete since what they have is too damaged to use, hence why they dubbed it. Personally I prefer Corey’s voice, and I know I’m in the minority there. Just thought Deem’s from what I’ve heard of it (the sample in Fantasia 2000 and YouTube) was just too dry to me. Not to mention Corey’s voice has warmth to me thinking back to WDW Explorer and others he narrated. Granted I did come into Fantasia knowing this but I’m one of the few that actually like it, but I understand your point and do hope one day we’ll get it.

Sunflower on the other hand... I respect Walt’s word. I heard somewhere that he was the one to recommend the cut but haven’t found where

Isn't that one still on Netflix?
I only don’t know because I don’t use Netflix much, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not considering Disney’s relationship with them when it comes to movies (Mulan used to be used in Netflix ads but now is on Hulu)

I only don’t know because I don’t use Netflix much, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not considering Disney’s relationship with them when it comes to movies (Mulan used to be used in Netflix ads but now is on Hulu)

I think Mulan is back on Netflix too. It changes pretty frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter