what's the point???? pay price difference when we activate AP

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
please help me understand something.
So I called MS yesterday with some rooms questions and at the end I asked about the activation must date for the current annual passes being offered to DVC members. After waiting for a long time because I was told that new information just came out. I was told that they had no date when they had to be activated. I asked her where I could find that information and to my surprise she called me just now , she left me a message that the current annual passes don't have a specific date for activtion , but , when we decide to start using them , IF THE PRICES INCREASED BY THAT TIME , WE MUST PAY THE DIFFERENCE AT THAT TIME !!!

That doesn't sound right, but you might get better info on the Tickets forum/thread - there is a member there called Robo who seems to know everything about tickets... I'd be interested in what you learn. I understood the price difference to come into play if you bought multi-day tickets and then converted them to APs but I haven't dealt with the "new" ticket system.

I know , so I called the number for annual passes and I was told that she gave the wrong information , that once you buy an AP you won't pay a higher price, but I was told that the current ones from 2018, have to be activated before December 31, 2019.

I know , so I called the number for annual passes and I was told that she gave the wrong information , that once you buy an AP you won't pay a higher price, but I was told that the current ones from 2018, have to be activated before December 31, 2019.

i'm not so sure that is true. I don't know for sure, but if you look at the AP voucher on your MDE account, it will show that it expires in 2030. I bought a DVC platinum plus pass last year and have not used it yet (even though they said it had to be activated by end of 2018), and it is still showing up on my MDE profile.

Again -- I have no idea what will happen when I do go to activate it, so I could be playing with fire -- but at a minimum, I shouldn't lose the amount I paid for it.

wow!
I wished there was a website where we could confirm either way, so confusing!

wow!
I wished there was a website where we could confirm either way, so confusing!
AP vouchers (non-activated) don’t expire. The 2031 date is a place holder for clerical reasons. And no, you will absolutely NOT have to pay the price difference between when you buy & activate.

We activated our APs in Aug. A price increase had occurred since I had purchased. I did not pay. However, when we decided last minute to go first week of Jan & I had to upgrade from Gold to silver I DID have to pay the difference - the only valued my AP at the original price.

thank you, but we do have to use them by December 31, 2019, yes?
According to the Ticket Sticky, the placeholder date that @Madame noted is in effect for all AP vouchers...2030 or 2031.

@Robo has correct info in his Sticky on the Theme Parks forum. It’s always best to check the first posts of that thread than to ask a phone CM.

Thanks, @mustinjourney for the tag. :-)

It was my understanding that the DVC Platinum Pass offered last year had to be activated by December 31, 2018. That was spelled out in the offer.

And don't forget about the exclusive ticket savings we're offering Members and guests at Walt Disney World Resort, available for purchase for only a few more days (you can buy them through January 3, 2018, and activate them through the end of 2018). Save more than 25% on a Disney Platinum Plus Annual Pass, or get seven days of Disney Theme Parks for the price of five. These are two really exciting offers - and a continuation of the discounts and special offers we make available to our Members, like extensive merchandise and dining discounts at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as unique opportunities with Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney.

DVC member email 12/22/17 "activate them through the end of 2018"

It was my understanding that the DVC Platinum Pass offered last year had to be activated by December 31, 2018. That was spelled out in the offer.
That’s what they said, but the IT infrastructure might not be properly set up on the back end, which is what I’m hoping for. :-)

The last AP special offer did have an activate by date that came with them. The general DVC discounted passes that are available do not.

The last AP special offer did have an activate by date that came with them. The general DVC discounted passes that are available do not.
This is what I was told by MS. In order to get all the “platinum plus” aspects of the AP, it had to be activated by December 31, 2018. This was explicitly noted on the offer. After Dec 31, 2018, the “platinum plus” portion evaporates into the ether and the value paid for the offer (essentially a gold pass), could be applied towards any annual pass until 2030.

This is what I was told by MS. In order to get all the “platinum plus” aspects of the AP, it had to be activated by December 31, 2018. This was explicitly noted on the offer. After Dec 31, 2018, the “platinum plus” portion evaporates into the ether and the value paid for the offer (essentially a gold pass), could be applied towards any annual pass until 2030.
We’ll see. My voucher is still showing platinum plus with a 2030 date. I’m probably not going to convert it for a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter