what's the purpose of a bath mat? errrmm BATHRUG

Zombie thread, but oh well... I dry off while in the shower, think hubby does same thing because shower mat/rug isn't very wet afterwards.

Zombie thread, but oh well... I dry off while in the shower, think hubby does same thing because shower mat/rug isn't very wet afterwards.
I also dry off in the shower, conveniently located toilet to dry my feet off before stepping out. Unfortunately, hubby just steps out to dry off. Wash the bath rug about every 2-3 weeks (depends if we've been traveling and not home).

Wait, wait, wait.....I just jumped into this thread, and can't let this one pass without comment....

If you really are unhappy about the situation--throw out all your towels and rugs and send your husband to a nice linen store for an education. If you want he can come to my house and I can explain everything as we properly fold towels and iron sheets. (My in-laws still have teenagers, and this is frequently threatened as punishment--to them the idea of ironing sheets is the worst thing in the world?) :):)

You iron your sheets? I haven't seen anyone do this since my mom, 40 years ago. The only thing that gets ironed around our house is DH's dress shirts, the couple of times a year he wears a suit.....we just pull our sheets out of the dryer and fold them or put them back on the bed right away.....

Just threw out our bath mat. It always smelled a bit funky and falls apart in the washer! Going to try going without!

We use a bath mat (basically a heavier weight towel). We too dry off in the shower, so it is more of a place to step so you don't slip and crack your head open on the tile. I wash it once a week and it has no problem. I have a place to hang it to dry so it has never gotten funky.

I have both and the terrycloth towel like one goes on top of the shaggy one with the rubber bottom. The terry on gets hung up to dry after use.

Oh and what moron thought it was a good idea to put carpet in bathrooms. :sad2:
The people that owned our house before us. DH ripped that out and found the original harvest gold vinyl underneath. that too has since been replaced.

I was wondering this myself; I am a large person, and have long thick hair, but I've never shed THAT much water that I've soaked a bathmat after showering! :confused3

If you have lots of body hair, you're going to sop up more more water than if you are not hairy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!