What's up for Father's Day!?

dish rag

DIS Veteran
I am waiting for my wife to arrive from Canada I left there a few weeks ago and I really miss her. We are going over to Daytona tonight, seeing my son and his wife in St Augustine Saturday then my parents are meeting us Sunday in Daytona. Then back to Canada for a while Monday. It looks to be a fun weekend. Every day more I appreciate what my dad has done and continues to do for us.

My Dad died 10 years ago, miss him every day. I do congratulate my DS on Fathers Day for the incredible dad he is. Also DSS on the wonderful single Dad he has been since his X bolted with OM.

Proud to have these guys to call sons.

My dad is visiting my youngest brother so..nothing.

I sent him a card and hopefully he gets it in time.

There's a Cars and Coffee at the nearby Tom Hortons/Culvers then we will watch the rest of the 24 Hours of LeMans. Our friends Ricky and Jordan Taylor are in the race.

DS will meet us at church and join us for services. He has been attending a different church on his own for 18 months or so and I know DH will love having him "visit" us. We'll go out for lunch afterwards. Sadly, the DD's and all the Gkids are too far away for us to be together. I imagine they'll all be skyping their DDad over the course of the afternoon.

DW & DD's are taking me to the Brazilian place for lunch tomorrow (they're closed on Sundays). No set plans for Sunday, hopefully NOT working.

Taking mom and dad to a really nice restaurant early tomorrow evening - then heading to a date:) There's nothing to buy my dad. He even buys his many needed tennis balls by the case online.

Nothing planed, my wife had surgery earlier today to remove a cyst from her sinus so we'll just be sitting around resting this weekend.

This is my first Father's Day without my dad. My DH is the best dad ever though so I'm determined to not sit around sad. I'm going to take him for a ridiculous Bloody Mary after church- the kind that has picks in it with bacon, sliders, boiled eggs, etc...

DD will be here by early afternoon so then she, DS, and I will fix a fajita/margarita dinner and give DH his gifts.

We just got back from Florida and doing WDW and all of that so we're taking it easy on the spending for a while. We went a little wild there :lmao: Not to mention he'll be headed back to Tampa in October for a big family get together and to go a Bucs vs. NYG game so he's been pretty spoiled this half of the year.

But I ordered him a new Grunt Style shirt(his favorite company to buy clothing from) and I have the ingredients for his favorite meal so it should be a good day.

This is my first Father's Day without my dad. My DH is the best dad ever though so I'm determined to not sit around sad. I'm going to take him for a ridiculous Bloody Mary after church- the kind that has picks in it with bacon, sliders, boiled eggs, etc...

DD will be here by early afternoon so then she, DS, and I will fix a fajita/margarita dinner and give DH his gifts.
*hugs... Mine too. I'm trying not to think about that part of it and just keep busy. I might need to go to Yoga 2X tomorrow though. :laughing:

DS, DD and DDIL will come over to join us (DH and myself) for a pool/grilling party.
We have the grandkids overnight.
Will be fun but a lot of work and little sleep for me (DGS doesn't sleep through the night yet).

I'll go out today and pick up DD23's gift for DH (he wants a ladder support so he can paint the second story window frames this summer). Tomorrow morning we'll have breakfast and then drive to Portland to pick up DD (who'll take the bus up from CT), and stop at Trader Joe's. Then back home, late afternoon visit to DH's favorite local microbrewery, and off to a suppertime BBQ with our best friends (whose daughter happens to be DD's best friend, so it all works out).

Driving up to my old hometown in Illinois - about a 3.5 - 4-hour drive - to hang out with my stepdad and my actual father. Getting my stepdad White Zinfandel; it's about the only gift he really appreciates, since he has everything and needs nothing. Getting my father a couple of grams of, well, you know. We'll enjoy it together :smokin: while we play Texas Hold 'Em Poker with his buddies. I'll probably lose my shirt, like I always do.

Since my DH's Dad lives in Arizona we will Skype with him in the morning and then we will head over to my parents to spend the day at the parents with my other siblings and there spouses and have a nice dinner together.

Best Dad Ever. From My Wedding in 2015
w74ZFoV.jpg

*hugs... Mine too. I'm trying not to think about that part of it and just keep busy. I might need to go to Yoga 2X tomorrow though. :laughing:

Hugs to you as well. I went shopping yesterday to pick up a few things for DH since he bought his own main gift and when I saw a display of golf shirts with a pocket, I got a little teary as that was what my dad always wanted and what I bought every Father's Day for years and years. I've saved a bunch of those shirts and when DD or my niece have a baby someday, I'm going to have teddy bears made.

At least yoga will be a healthy outlet. My plans include Bloody Marys and Margaritas.:drinking:

Hugs to you as well. I went shopping yesterday to pick up a few things for DH since he bought his own main gift and when I saw a display of golf shirts with a pocket, I got a little teary as that was what my dad always wanted and what I bought every Father's Day for years and years. I've saved a bunch of those shirts and when DD or my niece have a baby someday, I'm going to have teddy bears made.

At least yoga will be a healthy outlet. My plans include Bloody Marys and Margaritas.:drinking:
That is also part of my plan haha... I have a bottle of wine with my name on it..... a BOTTLE of wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter