What's with this pizza scam at Kidani (and elsewhere)?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I mention Kidani because that's where we are and every day we've gotten a flyer for pizza-no address, just a phone number for ordering, and VERY reasonable prices-the way I understand it is they take your order and your credit card and then deliver.....nothing. Rumor is, it's a scam and apparently Disney claims they can't "catch" or stop it. Well, I just shrug it off, but DH is livid. He claims that this scam can't be allowed to happen unless Disney just didn't care to try to stop it-if they put any effort into stopping it, they could catch them, he says. How are the pizza people allowed on resort property unless Disney employees are part of this scam? It's just one of several reasons why DH has been less than thrilled with Disney this trip. Anyone else bothered by the pizza scam?

This has been going on for years. Two thoughts, it doesn't negatively affect Disney enough so they aren't going to spend resources catching them and Disney isn't immune to crime, major or minor, no matter what the guests want to think.

:earsboy: Bill

Disney is aware of it, but unless they have cameras covering every inch of every hallway on every floor, it can be difficult to catch them in the act. They can look like any other tourist and get on a bus at Disney Springs, a theme park, etc. and then get off at the hotel. Down the hallway they go, quickly slipping their papers under each room's door.

That being said, I would still encourage you to contact Disney every time it happens. It only happened once on my last visit to Kidani, so if it's happening every day there should be a greater chance they can watch for it and catch the scammers.

How are the pizza people allowed on resort property unless Disney employees are part of this scam?
And how is Disney supposed to know they are "pizza people" if they tell the security guard they are going to the resort store or one of the quick services restaurants?

How does your husband propose e they stop it ?

The hotels are not just open to registered guests.
This has been going on for years .It is not a Disney problem it is all over . Prevalent in places with hotels .

If ordering delivery from off property check the place out before giving you credit card

How are the pizza people allowed on resort property unless Disney employees are part of this scam?

You drive to the gate and tell them that you're exploring the resort or going to Mara etc. Unless you want to close the resort to everyone not staying there, this will continue. And I don't want to close off resorts!!

Over the nearly 17 years and near 50 DVC visits, we have had many of these flyers slipped under the doors of our rooms. We have also had many printed messages from resort management alerting us to be extremely cautious in placing orders with off-site food delivery services and noting that they are not supposed to distribute flyers in the resorts. I simply discard the flyers when we find them in the room.

It shocks me more that someone would just provide their credit card over the phone to a stranger for some cheap pizza.

My guess is that because they are at Disney, guests think that the flyers are legit.

How do they keep them out? They don't come in as pizza delivery. They drive in or can just hop on a bus from a park like any other guest. Heck, they could be checked in as a guest.

WDW security isn't really in the resorts much. We were talking to security at the GF and he floated between the Poly and the GF.

We have ordered pizza a couple of times while staying at DVC resorts. Each time, I checked first with the front desk for recommended places.

BTW, I've heard the same rumors about this pizza scam. But does anyone know how many times its actually happened?

I just ordered off the flyer laying on the floor [Kidani) when I came back tonight. It tasted pretty good. They called when they were 5minutes out and when they arrived. We paid cash and met them at their car outside the lobby.

I just ordered off the flyer laying on the floor [Kidani) when I came back tonight. It tasted pretty good. They called when they were 5minutes out and when they arrived. We paid cash and met them at their car outside the lobby.

This makes me feel good that this may not be a scam for everyone, and maybe some of these are honest. I hate seeing people being ripped off.

If you order just tell them you will pay when you get the pizza

Right, that seems to be a simple solution doesn't it? Or just hop onto Yelp or Google them first.

Disney provides a false sense of security for a lot of people, unfortunately, which is what enables something like this to happen. Mixing a little common sense with all that fairy dust goes a long way.

And as long as people keep ordering from them, they’ll keep sneaking in and sliding fliers under the doors.

So it is not completely a scan.
Well, we like Giordano’s. It’s been a few years since we ordered from them, but we go there.

Blindly calling a place that left a flyer under you door is not smart . It maybe a scam or it could just be the food in not good.
Always check with someone before ordering from anywhere you don't know.

Just like you don't just get in a car with the guy who cruises the baggage claim at airport asking if you want a ride.

Ask at hotel , ask a fellow guest ,check yelp etc., or use these boards .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter