What's your best guess for when next DVC resort will be announced?

las3888

DIS Veteran
We are contemplating adding on right now but know that if there was ever a CR-DVC or Poly etc. we would most definitely buy points there. I know nobody knows the real answer to when the next DVC resort will be announced, but what's your guess?

More fodder!!! :bounce:

:confused3

May 2008

I'm guessing that we'll have to wait until Saratoga Springs
is sold out. After reading these boards for just under a year,
the DIS veterens out there have shown me that over the
years of developing DVC, Disney doesn't make a move until
they're sure of a sell out of a current resorts sales.

This is what I'm reading into...but, as a newbie on the block
there are quite a few learned individuals who can post a more
educated time frame for a new DVC.

As far as a CR or Poly DVC...I'm not holding my breath!
CR is more probable of the two in my opinion...either way
I'll back the stated date of May 2008.
:rolleyes:

I was told by a guide that they hope to have SSR sold out in early 2007. They may announce a new resort in early 2007 but it will take 1 - 2 years to build. The bottom line is only a small group of poeple know. This is all speculation on the guides part since they have not been told anything. I will think that it will probably be at least a year or so before you can move into your new home.

I was just on a tour a couple of weeks ago and I asked my guide about future resorts. He said he doesn't know anything, however, he did mention that Disney just hired a bunch of new sales people (guides), so his experience (he's been a DVC guide for a long while) is that they bring on more people the closer they get to adding a new resort.

That's all the information I have. As the previous poster stated, only a few people know and they only know because they can keep their lips sealed.

Julia

I heard that they may redo the outbuildings at the Contemporary and make them villas...

of course it could be an urban legend...

Expect the announce date to be March 32nd, 2007!

I would say with the Contemporary a decision one way or the other will have to be made within 6 months. They are going to be finished with all the room rehabs in the tower and the South Wing and no way is any guest going to be satisfied with a North Wing room then. Something will have be decided. If they don't announce DVC there at that time, I would say it would be off the boards for years.

As to the Polynesian rumor unless the current slate of Vice Presidents changes, I would say that is off the board completely.

All I have heard from Disney friends is Contemporary possibly, AKL, maybe, Polynesian, No Way.

My best guess would be by July 4th. The latest date would be the DVC cruise, October 22-26. On last year's cruise Jim Lewis gave a talk and, please correct me if I'm wrong, said the plan is to eventually have a DVC resort/wing at every deluxe resort. I missed the talk because I overslept, it was 8AM in the morning and from what I heard had so many people there were some standing. That was where he announced this year's member cruise.

I must admit that the North Wing rumor is quite compelling: monorail access, fading resort, not so large as to over-saturate, got to refurb anyway....

Oh, and Copper3, but your Custom User Title has a few errors. Actually, it is

"Paging Dr. Tomorrow, Dr. Tomorrow...Your party has arrived in a Saturn. Please give them a ring." I keep pointing this out to the TTA folks, but they never quite get it right....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!