What's your favorite Disney Cruise Ship/Best

F_abian

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! So I was wondering, In a couple of months my family and I are going on our second Disney cruise. Our first voyage was with the Disney Magic back in April and our second will be with the Disney Fantasy. I loved the Magic. It was beautiful in every way shape and form and it sparked a love for cruising that i did not know i haD. Since there are four ships for far, I wanted to know which is the best? or your favorite ship. Do they all looked the same? Are they different? Is it worth going on all four ships? LET ME KNOW!:simba:

Hi guys! So I was wondering, In a couple of months my family and I are going on our second Disney cruise. Our first voyage was with the Disney Magic back in April and our second will be with the Disney Fantasy. I loved the Magic. It was beautiful in every way shape and form and it sparked a love for cruising that i did not know i haD. Since there are four ships for far, I wanted to know which is the best? or your favorite ship. Do they all looked the same? Are they different? Is it worth going on all four ships? LET ME KNOW!:simba:

The dream and fantasy are better imo but doesn’t go to good places. Same old same old cruises. Except for castaway cay of course. Of course someday the dream and fantasy will go to good places but that time there will be new Disney ships. Ships 5-7

The Magic & Wonder are basically the "same". And the Dream and Fantasy are basically the "same". Each is a sister ship to the other. That means the basic floor plan is the same, however the decor onboard each ship is different.

My favorite - the "old" Magic (circa 2008).

It's certainly worth going on all 4 ships, as each ship does have at least one show that's only shown on that particular ship. And you'll get a better idea of what you like more.

For me the Dream was too big, the Wonder was too old, but the Magic was just right. For the Dream I found that there are more crowded areas, especially the entry way on the pool deck, just one door open, so no 2 way traffic. I also don't like the locations of the hot tubs compared to the classic ships. They are on the sides of the Dream and Fantasy, so lots of people are walking past. On the classics the hot tubs are behind the pool where you can see the movie screen. The Wonder had cabins with lots of creaking noises, had to switch cabins. Dream's cabin was perfectly quiet.

This is a hard question for me because they all have reasons to be my favorite. The Wonder for nostalgic reasons. It was the first DCL ship we cruised on, our first cruise with our kids (at 8 mos and 3 years old...now 18 and 21), and we sailed with my whole family on it. I've also been on it the most and had quite a few fun nights in the old Route 66 with friends/coworkers. Lot's of memories! The Dream and Fantasy, we really enjoy spending the days up by Satellite falls. It's probably our favorite part of the ships. I'll even throw in the Magic because we did my favorite itinerary on that, 8 night NY to Bahamas, during the summer.

Overall though, a big part of any cruise for us is who is on the ship as opposed to the actual ship. We have had servers, bartenders, and club hosts, that we have seen move around from ship to ship. When we know we will be seeing an old friend, that makes that ship a little better. ;)

My favorite DCL cruise was the WBPC in 2014. It was on the Wonder, and that still is my favorite ship. I love Tiana’s Place.

My favorite show is Tangled, that’s on the Magic, and will be on it soon.

I like the Dream and Fantasy well enough, but would enjoy other destinations on them.

We've sailed on all four and loved all four. That said, my favorite ship is the Dream. I like the pools better on the Dream-class ships. The Dream (unlike the Fantasy) still has a hot tub on the family pool deck. I really liked the Beauty and the Beast show. And in general, I prefer the Dream-class ships because they have:
  • Aqua Duck (Aqua Dunk on Magic is too quick & scary for my taste)
  • On-demand programming on stateroom TVs (Magic does, too)
  • Midship detective agency game (though Anna's chocolate chase is fun on Wonder)
  • Interactive art
  • Hot tubs & a view to the ocean in Rainforest Room
  • Sports simulators
  • Miniature golf
  • Virtual portholes in inside staterooms
  • Bigger Cabanas
  • No live music show going on during MDR dinners (I like Tiana, but her show is too loud imo)
One of my favorite itineraries that DCL offers is the 3-day cruise to Castaway Cay, with no stop at Nassau. That is a true vacation getaway and we love it.

Last edited:

We've sailed on all four and loved all four. That said, my favorite ship is the Dream. I like the pools better on the Dream-class ships. The Dream (unlike the Fantasy) still has a hot tub on the family pool deck. I really liked the Beauty and the Beast show. And in general, I prefer the Dream-class ships because they have:
  • Midship detective agency game (though Anna's chocolate chase is fun on Wonder)
  • Interactive art
  • Sports simulators
  • Miniature golf
  • Bigger Cabanas
  • No live music show going on during MDR dinners (I like Tiana, but her show is too loud imo)
One of my favorite itineraries that DCL offers is the 3-day cruise to Castaway Cay, with no stop at Nassau. That is a true vacation getaway and we love it.

Completely random, but figured you might get a laugh....I read "Bigger Cabanas" and was so confused. I thought, well that makes no sense. The cabanas on Castaway Cay are the same size regardless of the boat. It took me reading a whole separate thread for it to click. Apparently, today is not the day for me to try and adult.

We have cruised on the larger and smaller ships and prefer the smaller ships, The Magic and the The Wonder. The dinning rooms are quieter and the pool area in the Quiet Cove is larger. We prefer the layout of the suites on The Magic and The Wonder. The one bedroom suite on the Fantasy feels smaller than on the Magic or Wonder and the Walk in Closet on the Fantasy is not in your bedroom; it is across the hall from your bedroom and is smaller than the Walk In Closet on The Magic or Wonder.

The Magic was our first cruise with DCL and enjoyed the eastern Caribbean. Our favorite is the Wonder with Alaska and EBPC cruises our favorite. The Fantasy was beautiful but big with many more people at any given event (compared to the Magic and Wonder). Haven't been on the Dream because of the short cruise schedules (we like 7 days or more for the time it takes to fly to FL from NM). Hope the new fleet will allow the Dream to travel to new destinations on longer cruises.

I've been on all four ships and as others have mentioned each of the ships have sister ships (Magic-Wonder and Dream-Fantasy) so the basic layout/floor plan is the same. I spent the most time on the Magic having done two TA cruises (so far my favorite cruises) but personally I like the Fantasy best of all because of the decor. I can't wait until the other ships are sailing so I can cruise on them.

Have been on all of them a few times each except the Magic, only once, and they are all nice in certain ways. The Wonder historically has been our favorite but we haven’t sailed her since 2013.

• Interactive art
  • Sports simulators
  • Miniature golf
  • Bigger Cabanas

Ooh, please explain!! I'm on the Wonder in February, and that sounds fun!! CHOCOLATE!!!!

Ooh, please explain!! I'm on the Wonder in February, and that sounds fun!! CHOCOLATE!!!!
It is a self-paced scavenger hunt. Anna (from Frozen) leaves a paper with instructions on your bed. You search the ship for symbols from Frozen. When you find them all, you leave the form for Anna (via your stateroom attendant), and Anna will reward you with chocolate.

It is a self-paced scavenger hunt. Anna (from Frozen) leaves a paper with instructions on your bed. You search the ship for symbols from Frozen. When you find them all, you leave the form for Anna (via your stateroom attendant), and Anna will reward you with chocolate.

Awesome!!! Does it automatically happen? Or do you request it?

I have only been on the Magic and Dream.

In 2 weeks will be our 4th time on the Magic. I was on the Dream twice both times for 3 night cruises.

I like both. The Dream is bigger with more space, but way more people.

I would love to go on all of them. So, Wonder to Alaska and Fantasy to the Southern Caribbean are both in the future.

I think any Disney cruise is fun. DH and me did a 2 night to nowhere out of NYC in 2012 and that was fantastic.

And soon a couple of more ships to discover and enjoy!

Wow! I never heard of this! Thank you!

I’m going with I like the Magic, Wonder and Dream. I wish I could include the Fantasy but due to the vibration issue the aft part of the ship has when sailing around 21 knots or faster ruins it for me. I wish one of these dry docks Disney can correct that issue.

In order:

The Magic
The Fantasy
The Wonder
The Dream

The Magic because we were on her Maiden Voyage and sailed her the most....most recently last month. I love the Fantasy with all her bells and whistles. I actually love them all but the Magic is my favorite...I have a very deep emotional attachment to her!!

Heading back on the Magic 11/10/18 out of NYC to Bahamas and WDW. Love when the Magic is in New York. Makes it so much easier to cruise!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter