• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite kids meal?

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
Oh, I know that you can get chicken nuggets and cheesburgers at all the parks :D , but what is your favorite OTHER kids meal? And what is the most 'out of the ordinary' kids meal you've had at WDW?

KC:earsgirl:

My kids are quite picky so we've never had anything out of the ordinary. :p I have to say that their favority kids meal is macaroni and cheese!!! When we were at DL last week, my daughter had that for dinner and the pasta was the shape of Mickey's head. I haven't seen that at WDW, but I'm sure one of the restaurants must have that. :earsboy:

My kids prefer "real" chicken to chicken nuggets. Any place that serves roasted chicken, for instance the Tusker House in AK, is an alternative we use. It is an adult meal, so I usually get it and split it with them.

This meal was a rather nice surprise on our last trip. The meal includes grilled chicken breast (no breading), real potatoes, and green beans. A bonafide real plated (not a basket) kids' meal!

Plus, after reading so many bad reviews in guide books, we were really pleasantly surprised with the Sci-Fi. The kids loved it!

My DD enjoyed the kids' stead at Le Cellier, the grilled chicken at Hollywood Brown Derby, and the standard fare at the Hoop-Dee-Do Revue. However, since we were on the silver plan, we also got dessert with each meal, and she had some really unique ones! The Canadian S'more at Le Cellier was pretty! The most unique, tho, was at Jiko. She had a puzzle made from white chocolate. When she put the pieces together, it said "Jiko." We were all impressed with that!

DD loves mexican and so she really enjoyed the kids meals at San Angel both inside and outside the mexican pavillion. I really appreciate when the restaurants have something on the menu besides chicken nuggets and fries for the kids.

Anyone else? And how about counter service? We don't usually eat at the sit down places - we're more casual. What neat things do they have at the counter service places for kids?

KC:earsgirl:

Cantina de San Angel in Mexico has a kid's plate that is a pleasant change from PBJ, mac n cheese, burgers and nuggets.
My children 8 and 9 are adventurous eaters so we tend to order an adult meal for them to split, especially salads like at Pecos Bills' -- just ask for an extra plate. Besides, I don't like them existing on all that processed, fatty food. They get enough of that in their school cafeterias!

They also love the dinner buffet at Boma. Since you prefer counter service, I strongly advise you to try splitting adult meals for them.

The rainbow bread PB & J at Tusker house. I believe they make their own peanut butter. My DD was disapointed last trip when they had them premade as she just likes PB no jelly. In the past we have been able to get them made for us. The bread is yummy and fresh.

My son likes the mini corn dog meal at Cosmic Rays.

Grilled Cheese Pretzel lunch at the waterparks. Served in a sand bucket with shovel, includes chips and drink. Think you can substitute fruit for a fee.

All the adults eat it too...........yummy in the tummy ! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter