Whats your FAVORITE Pete "The Rant" Werner moment?

The first time I ever watched the Dis Unplugged, it was the show where Pete went on the huge rant about Starbucks!! This isn't one of his rants, but I did like the Halloween episode with the crazy wigs! LOL

Can anyone help me find the compilation a listener put together of a bunch of different Pete Rants?? They played it on the podcast but I have no idea what year or anything. :rotfl: I'd love to hear it again :woohoo:

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but I put a compilation together back in 2011, although I'm not sure if they ever aired it. I tried to upload but it says the file is too large, so I made it available for download here. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=84368765689561762331

Thanks to Pete I don't think I will ever eat at Tony's Town Square, PizzeRizzo, or San Angel Inn, LOL. I did eat at "Hollywood and Slime," however, because my kids wanted to meet the characters. And yes, the food was just not good.

I love Pete's rants about bad dining across the board; it's always been one of my favorite things about the DIS Unplugged. More specifically, I may be in the minority but appreciate when Pete and the team delve into social issues. In particular, their episode after the Pulse shooting was powerful and transcended anything they do with Disney. It makes me appreciate Pete and the entire group as people more than just as Disney fans.

I love Pete's rants about bad dining across the board; it's always been one of my favorite things about the DIS Unplugged. More specifically, I may be in the minority but appreciate when Pete and the team delve into social issues. In particular, their episode after the Pulse shooting was powerful and transcended anything they do with Disney. It makes me appreciate Pete and the entire group as people more than just as Disney fans.
@dwheaton - Totally agree! And loved their one "Orlando gay" show too! Wished there would have been more!

Thanks to Pete I don't think I will ever eat at Tony's Town Square, PizzeRizzo, or San Angel Inn, LOL. I did eat at "Hollywood and Slime," however, because my kids wanted to meet the characters. And yes, the food was just not good.

We ate at San Angel Inn this past spring, and Pete is totally right. What a waste of a spot with such a nice theme!

The only thing that I was somewhat surprised is that he read the e-mail while vacationing in Europe; I hope and believe it didn't fester for the rest of the vacation. On a real and non-working vacation, I typically go "off the grid" as to not even risk something potentially affecting my/our enjoyment. With that being said, I would set up an e-mail filter allowing only my stakeholders to pass through if there was a pressing/urgent issue.

Tuesday's rant was fantastic. I loved the part where he was so angry that he leaked Craigs medical problem.
Pete telling Craig he would watch him like a hawk was great.
The show was fantastic. I miss it when it's not on but again i understand that it's not a job it's something they do help and entertain us all.

Last edited:
Maybe a tad harsh to call him out by name no?

I am glad someone finally said it, I wanted to but was too chicken for fear of getting attacked. Matthew was completely out of line, no question but I had a hard time listening and had to turn it off, in the live chat and in the comments there was some name calling, one I found particularly vulgar. I think they eventually got cleaned up but did he see those?! I would be devastated to be attacked like that in a community I was invested.
The name calling was not Pete’s fault at all, it was the internet and thought it was too much.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!