What's Your Favorite Recipe/Cooking Site?

Im a big pinterest user. I get much inspiration, then customize recipes. I do watch a lot of food network, and then pin what appeals to me from the shows. I find its very helpful to plan a weeks worth of meals, then on my day off i do as much prep as i can; chopping veggies, poaching chicken, etc.

Believe it or not, I have always asked here on the CB any cooking questions and have always been happy with the selection of answers. :thumbsup2

I'm still trying to fall in love with my Instant Pot. I haven't found much that appeals to me as far as recipes go. I've done a few different meats in it and not a fan of the texture (feel the same about the crock pot), so I've primarily been using it as a big ole' rice cooker.
I tend to use mine for things like corn on the cob and whole artichokes a lot.

I'm still trying to fall in love with my Instant Pot. I haven't found much that appeals to me as far as recipes go. I've done a few different meats in it and not a fan of the texture (feel the same about the crock pot), so I've primarily been using it as a big ole' rice cooker.

That stinks. I hate crock pot meat texture as well.

I just have to echo what PP's stated, learn NEW culinary techniques.

Right now I am into "pan deglazing" with meat. Simple and flavorful. I can't eat heavy gravies or fat anymore.

I would love to take a cooking class. We have a school here that teaches all kinds of classe, but it is not cheap.

http://www.kitchenconservatory.com/

If you like Taste of Home, keep an eye out for deals on their print magazine. I got, I think 5 years for $10 on some promotion. I find them a good jumping-off point more than anything--they tend to do a lot of completely from-scratch things. Which is nice, if you have the time, but I'm not above whipping out the Bisquick or frozen peas or whatever.

I'm glad to hear that someone else isn't so enamored with their Instant Pot! I really need to learn to utilize it more, but I do have issues with meat texture in it. The crockpot, as well--I'm more of a crockpot cooker, but I don't care for the meat texture. I got the Instant Pot so I could sear, then cook meat. Still experimenting.

As to the OP--I tend to start with Pinterest, then go to various websites. I do have to say, it's hit or miss--some recipes, I'm thinking they didn't actually try the food...or I just have a more sophisticated palate (ha ha!). But it's a good place to explore, and see if you can find a recipe blogger whose style matches yours.

As to the OP--I tend to start with Pinterest, then go to various websites. I do have to say, it's hit or miss--some recipes, I'm thinking they didn't actually try the food...or I just have a more sophisticated palate (ha ha!). But it's a good place to explore, and see if you can find a recipe blogger whose style matches yours.

I think that's me. Not a super talented cook, but definitely have a discriminating palate. It amazes me what some people think is awesome and fabulous. But I think some people just want to eat and that works. Or they come from a place of not being able to cook at all and are making improvements and it is AWESOME for them.

That stinks. I hate crock pot meat texture as well.

I just have to echo what PP's stated, learn NEW culinary techniques.

Right now I am into "pan deglazing" with meat. Simple and flavorful. I can't eat heavy gravies or fat anymore.

http://www.kitchenconservatory.com/

Yeah, it would help if I could "get into" to cooking. But I'm just not that interested. But I am interested in eating. I don't enjoy the whole process, I'm miserable every evening while cooking. I think the genes just aren't there!! My DD (26) has a friend who is very talented in the kitchen. Every Tuesday night she goes to her house and they make stuff (my DD is really like her sous chef). Then the friend Instagram's it (I guess she has a following). My daughter has helped her make homemade pasta, creamy tomato soup, etc. Unfortunately, she too says she just doesn't enjoy doing it once she gets home. I think she likes the social aspect with her friend. I just hope she picks of *some* skills interest along the way.

I like Cooking Light. Using their recipes/tips allows for more chocolate in my life and that's a good thing.

I've actually found good recipes on Wegmans and Whole Foods websites. They push their products but it's easy enough to substitute your own preferred brand.

I'm also trending towards non-meat and non-dairy eating because I don't like either one so I've been working with some vegan recipes.

I think that's me. Not a super talented cook, but definitely have a discriminating palate. It amazes me what some people think is awesome and fabulous. But I think some people just want to eat and that works. Or they come from a place of not being able to cook at all and are making improvements and it is AWESOME for them.
This is very true. I notice this especially in the Instant Pot groups. You see quite a few saying they couldn’t cook before and now they can. I’d say 70% of the recipes I see for the IP I would never make in it. You have to build flavor as you go and that’s hard to do in an IP. Still, I think it’s great that a lot of these people are getting home cooked meals on their table when they didn’t before.

Yeah, it would help if I could "get into" to cooking. But I'm just not that interested. But I am interested in eating. I don't enjoy the whole process, I'm miserable every evening while cooking. I think the genes just aren't there!! My DD (26) has a friend who is very talented in the kitchen. Every Tuesday night she goes to her house and they make stuff (my DD is really like her sous chef). Then the friend Instagram's it (I guess she has a following). My daughter has helped her make homemade pasta, creamy tomato soup, etc. Unfortunately, she too says she just doesn't enjoy doing it once she gets home. I think she likes the social aspect with her friend. I just hope she picks of *some* skills interest along the way.
I’m a pretty good cook and I don’t mind cooking but if I can get someone to do the prep for me I absolutely do. It’s the prep I hate. My sister on the other hand enjoys every aspect, it’s like a mini hobby for her. Some people have a real passion for cooking, I could take it or leave it. I cook 5-6 days a week because it’s healthier and more economical. If I could get away with not doing it I probably would, lol.

My genes are there for cooking but that does not mean I want to do it! :rotfl:

I can't believe you cook EVERY night! No way in heck I am going to cook every night. You really are a trooper. :thumbsup2

I don't own an Instant Pot yet since I'd concerns it would duplicate my crockpot's functions but read an article in the NYT that expanded on what it can do. You might find it of use:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/guides/46-how-to-use-an-instant-pot

I use my crockpot predominately for stews, soups and stocks and find it a real time saver.

This is very true. I notice this especially in the Instant Pot groups. You see quite a few saying they couldn’t cook before and now they can. I’d say 70% of the recipes I see for the IP I would never make in it. You have to build flavor as you go and that’s hard to do in an IP. Still, I think it’s great that a lot of these people are getting home cooked meals on their table when they didn’t before.

I’m a pretty good cook and I don’t mind cooking but if I can get someone to do the prep for me I absolutely do. It’s the prep I hate. My sister on the other hand enjoys every aspect, it’s like a mini hobby for her. Some people have a real passion for cooking, I could take it or leave it. I cook 5-6 days a week because it’s healthier and more economical. If I could get away with not doing it I probably would, lol.
I'm perfectly content with the man's knife skills (as long as he doesn't use my boning knives. GRRR). He'll chop, mince, and dice 'til the cows come home as long as you wash the veggies and herbs first. He seems to think that dirt is organic...

I can't believe you cook EVERY night! No way in heck I am going to cook every night. You really are a trooper. :thumbsup2
It costs less, is tastier, healthier and one of the easiest ways to help keep your weight in check. Also makes a nice lunch the next day. When we go vacation and are eating out 90% of our meals it has a real physical impact on all of us. We usually can’t wait to get home and eat “real” food.

I'm perfectly content with the man's knife skills (as long as he doesn't use my boning knives. GRRR). He'll chop, mince, and dice 'til the cows come home as long as you wash the veggies and herbs first. He seems to think that dirt is organic...
Mine too. He makes a very handy Sous Chef.

Just Sunday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday nights are my break from it.

I use my crockpot predominately for stews, soups and stocks and find it a real time saver.

I use my crockpot if I am teleworking (not often) or maybe on a Sunday. Otherwise, I am out of the house just about 12 hours and that's too long for most crock pot recipes. My crockpot only goes for 8 hours. I guess if I got a fancier one that might help.

I generally do chili in it. I do have a recipe from Wegman's for Beef Minestrone Soup in the crockpot that is REALLY good. It's more like a stew than a soup.

How do you all organize the recipes you find online that you like? I've bookmarked so many that it is just a disorganized mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter