What's Your Favorite Recipe/Cooking Site?

How do you all organize the recipes you find online that you like? I've bookmarked so many that it is just a disorganized mess.

I'm pretty old school. I'm not good at organizing online and I don't care for Pinterest.

So, if I see something I like, I actually print it out like I'm living in the 90s :). If the recipe is a keeper, then I will graduate to putting in as a PDF. I have a recipe folder on my hard drive and a put them all there. I also keep the printed copy in a binder. It's actually easy for me to flip through that on Saturday night/Sunday morning before I shop.

I'm sure there's a better way, but not one I've been any good at maintaining.

How do you all organize the recipes you find online that you like? I've bookmarked so many that it is just a disorganized mess.
I use the Paprika App. It detects the url you have open and will insert the recipe into the app. From there you can put in categories, add notes, edit etc. You can also add your own recipes. It has a meal planner and grocery function but I’ve never used those. I also have an 8.5 by 11 three ring binder with clear sleeves in it where I keep print outs, magazine clippings and handwritten recipes given to me. Someday those might make it into the app...

I use my crockpot if I am teleworking (not often) or maybe on a Sunday. Otherwise, I am out of the house just about 12 hours and that's too long for most crock pot recipes. My crockpot only goes for 8 hours. I guess if I got a fancier one that might help.

I generally do chili in it. I do have a recipe from Wegman's for Beef Minestrone Soup in the crockpot that is REALLY good. It's more like a stew than a soup.
I worked at home for the last 15 years so it was all good on that level. I think the timer on my slow cooker goes for about 10 hours and then it switches to warm which just goes to show that in different circumstances one feature can be useless for one person and the cat's meow for the other:). Would love to have your recipe for beef minestrone if you care to pass it on.

I worked at home for the last 15 years so it was all good on that level. I think the timer on my slow cooker goes for about 10 hours and then it switches to warm which just goes to show that in different circumstances one feature can be useless for one person and the cat's meow for the other:). Would love to have your recipe for beef minestrone if you care to pass it on.

Here's the link: https://www.wegmans.com/meals-recipes/meals/main-course/slow-cooked-beef-minestrone.html

Not sure if you live near a Wegman's. The recipe uses quite a bit of Wegman's products. Most of them are easy enough to sub out for another brand. But the cut up Minestrone Veggies contain some specific veggies (leeks, cabbage, and some others) and the seasoned tomato sauce is more like a pasta sauce that's smooth and I would use a thin marinara versus a canned tomato sauce. If you click on the links for their products you can get a sense for what it is made of. My coworker (who is a great cook) told me about this; otherwise I probably never would have tried it.

I'm still trying to fall in love with my Instant Pot. I haven't found much that appeals to me as far as recipes go. I've done a few different meats in it and not a fan of the texture (feel the same about the crock pot), so I've primarily been using it as a big ole' rice cooker.

I love my instant pot, but I will admit, it is primarily a last minute stock maker. I've made corned beef in it, and it came out fine, as corned beef is usually slow boiled or braised anyway. I was happy to go from raw hunk of meat to completed fried corned beef hash all in one morning.

I'm going to try to make hard boiled eggs in it this week. From what I've read, they're automatically easy to peel. The only traditional method I've found for reliably easy to peel eggs is to use old ones.

Edit: Hard boiled eggs came out perfect--no dark ring, center was translucent but gelled, and they peeled easily.

Last edited:
Here's the link: https://www.wegmans.com/meals-recipes/meals/main-course/slow-cooked-beef-minestrone.html

Not sure if you live near a Wegman's. The recipe uses quite a bit of Wegman's products. Most of them are easy enough to sub out for another brand. But the cut up Minestrone Veggies contain some specific veggies (leeks, cabbage, and some others) and the seasoned tomato sauce is more like a pasta sauce that's smooth and I would use a thin marinara versus a canned tomato sauce. If you click on the links for their products you can get a sense for what it is made of. My coworker (who is a great cook) told me about this; otherwise I probably never would have tried it.

No Wegman's near me but agreed easy enough to substitute the proprietary veggie blend. The package says: potatoes, "zukes", leeks, carrots, onions and cabbage. I'd probably add celery, ditch the cabbage and add fresh halved/quartered red potatoes in the last 1 hour or so of cooking. I use home canned whole tomatoes in soups until I run out and then switch to store bought canned whole tomatoes that I "hand squish" since I'm too...lazy? to figure out if a recipe calls for diced or chopped or whole tomatoes. Easier on my pantry space too. The recipe reads well and I anticipate good eats:).
Thank you!

I like DamnDelicious, but that was because the first recipe I tried was Lemon Butter Chicken. (and I sub - boneless, skinless thighs for her bone-in.) But really, I haven't seen a lot else there, although I also like her Parmesean-Crusted Chicken as well. Lately her FB feed is more about her celebrity than her recipes. I also like the Kitchn. I have it in my Facebook feed, and I see lots of interesting things there. They tend to peruse other sites and share them. Although I have a yellow cake recipe from them that is amazing and easy.

I don't tend to cook much anymore since its usually only me at home. It's hard to not overstock when you buy ingredients, and frankly, I'd just as soon have some cheese and crackers and carrots for dinner most nights.

No Wegman's near me but agreed easy enough to substitute the proprietary veggie blend. The package says: potatoes, "zukes", leeks, carrots, onions and cabbage. I'd probably add celery, ditch the cabbage and add fresh halved/quartered red potatoes in the last 1 hour or so of cooking. I use home canned whole tomatoes in soups until I run out and then switch to store bought canned whole tomatoes that I "hand squish" since I'm too...lazy? to figure out if a recipe calls for diced or chopped or whole tomatoes. Easier on my pantry space too. The recipe reads well and I anticipate good eats:).
Thank you!

Yeah, you could sub potatoes for the Ditalini pasta (or just do both). I really like the pasta aspect of it. I also like the small amount of cabbage in the veggie mix but, once cooked, it's not overly noticeable. I think the leeks probably give it a good flavor. I also sear my meat before adding to the crockpot. I can't remember if the recipe tells me to do it or not.

I use The Recipe Box app- have it for phone and iPad. Will make grocery lists for you too. And easy to either instaport the recipe or copy it in. Then you can bookmark recipes you need for the week so easy to find, and can do custom categorizing. Have used this for few years now so have quite a collection.

Have you looked at ayearofslowcooking.com? Her rotisserie chicken in crockpot is my go to recipe.

Also-been browsing Blue Apron and Hello Fresh recipes (not a subscriber but will check out recipes). Just tried a Parmesan crusted pork chop recipe last night and it was good, easy and pretty quick.

First invest in a Crock pot and instapot that will make dinner very easy

First invest in a Crock pot and instapot that will make dinner very easy

I have both and I am not overly a fan of food that comes out of either device. They are fine and they will put food on the table, but I'm looking for a little more.

I love to cook and am trying to lose weight. I cook almost exclusively from https://www.skinnytaste.com/. I have yet to find a recipe of hers that I don't like and have been actually losing weight since I started cooking everything from her recipes. The greatest thing is that I don't feel like I'm dieting when I'm cooking from her site, it's fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter