What's your favorite Winter Olympic sport to watch?

I like the snowboard races, but not the events that are judged.

Yep, I remember that race where the one overconfident girl in the lead tried to show off right before the finish line and fell on her butt. I think she was able to recover in time to get the silver or bronze medal anyway, but that hot dog maneuver cost her the gold.

She got the silver. She would be hyped for "redemption" at the next two Olympics but never got it. She fell in one, and hit a gate in the other. Don't showboat kids. You may be throwing away your one chance.

She originally tried to claim she did it for stability. But I snowboard and know there is no reason to do what she did for that. She later admitted she was having fun, ie showboating. She has four world championships though.

I like the snowboard races, but not the events that are judged.

Yep, I remember that race where the one overconfident girl in the lead tried to show off right before the finish line and fell on her butt. I think she was able to recover in time to get the silver or bronze medal anyway, but that hot dog maneuver cost her the gold.

Yea she got silver, I know she hot dogged, but I felt bad for her. She probably did that hot dog move in practice and landed it 100/100 times.

Hockey (though I enjoyed it more when they let NHL players participate...) and any kind of figure skating.

Curling!! :cheer2: Woot Team Canada - Gold Medal defenders! Here's a peek at our 2018 team uniforms!
171003_bw1ja_rci-tmcda_sn635.jpg

We like pretty much all of them except Biathon, Cross Country Skiing, Nordic Combined (can watch some of it though), Hockey we enjoy but we may not watch all the matches.

I'd say I enjoy figure skating more than my husband though.

Curling is one of those sports for us that is oddly fascinating for us. It easily sucks us in.

In all honesty we'll record on the DVR the heck out of the olympics and watch then at night and on the weekend so we'll be behind and it's hard not for the media to spoil some information but still.

I have trouble watching it, it's too stressful for me when they do the big jumps. I always worry they are going to face plant and crack their skulls.

I get so nervous too especially watching the pairs skaters and that death spiral spin they do.
I have fond memories of watching most of the figure skating events when I was younger. 1988 olympics is the first one I can recall watching. I enjoyed watching the ones that aired on live tv with no spoilers.

I get so nervous too especially watching the pairs skaters and that death spiral spin they do.
I have fond memories of watching most of the figure skating events when I was younger. 1988 olympics is the first one I can recall watching. I enjoyed watching the ones that aired on live tv with no spoilers.

I'll watch it on delay once I view the injury reports :tongue:

Pretty much all of it. I like hockey and figure skating, but really enjoy seeing many of the less popular sports that you don’t see much except in the Olympics, like bobsled, skeleton, luge, speed skating and curling.

There’s a special place in my heart for the women ski jumpers. I admire the athletic strength and bravery of all the jumpers (I’ve been to the Lake Placid facility and sat at the top of the jump tower; it’s very daunting). I loved watching “Eddie the Eagle” back in ‘88. But I have so much respect and appreciation for the women, because of the history and their uphill fight (pun intended) to be included. And they still only have one event, while the men have three. So ridiculous. Go ladies!

Figure skating is my favorite, but I enjoy most all of the Winter Olympics except for the biathalon. I don’t watch curling either, or very much of the hockey. I don’t watch any of the summer Olympics.

I'll watch it on delay once I view the injury reports :tongue:

I'm one of the weirdos who prefers when the Olympics are in a very different time zone - so I can watch it on delay and don't have to deal with the stress (both accidents/injuries and just who wins).

I'm one of the weirdos who prefers when the Olympics are in a very different time zone - so I can watch it on delay and don't have to deal with the stress (both accidents/injuries and just who wins).

I do it with the women's gymnastics as well. Stresses the hell out of me, especially the vault.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter