What's your favourite Disney memory?

Two that jump to mind for me. The look on my new wife's face as we drove under the archway bringing her into WDW for the first time in 2009 for our honeymoon. The absolute glee on my then 4 year olds face as he met Buzz Lightyear on his birthday at DHS when we brought the kids for our tenth anniversary in 2019. Now looking forward to a kid free trip for our 15th anniversary this fall.

I've had so many great ones, so it's hard to narrow it down. The most memorable though would be when my mom took us and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (before the name change). Anyway, one evening we had eaten dinner at the restaurant and I think I had been playing in the arcade. Anyway, it was a bit later and we were walking along one of the paths back to our rooms. There weren't a lot of people around and we were spread out. For some reason my mom got spooked by a kid that was walking behind her. She stopped, turned and screamed right in his face! 😲 Oh man, what? She for some reason thought he was "sneaking up behind her" - which he totally wasn't. Anyway, the kid's reaction was amazing, and I can't repeat it here! 🫢 We are all dying laughing and trying to apologize for our insane mother. Anyway, I really hope that kid has since brought his own children to Riverside - "Hey, kids, this is where that crazy lady screamed right in my face!" 🤣

When I was I young we always went to Disney with my whole family, grandparents, aunt and cousin included. One trip back in the mid to late 90s we were all together on main street during the very first Christmas party we’d ever been to, and it was “snowing” and my grandparents thought that was the coolest thing, they were tickled pink about it and for some reason that moment always stands out to me. Every time I pass that spot where we were standing I stop for a second and picture us all standing there so long ago. My grandparents and my aunt are all gone now, so it’s even more poignant.

Unzipping our tent on Christmas Day at Fort Wilderness to find snow on the ground and stockings from Mickey Mouse! I'm sure it was a major undertaking for the cast members, but I hope it was fun for them to deliver that surprise to all the guests.

The most nostalgic is marathoning Splash Mountain with my dad and uncle during extra magic hours. It was a walk on every time for over an hour straight.

It's too hard to pick one overall. I have so many different ones with the kids, with just DH, with friends, solo time, runDisney moments and trips when I was a kid with my parents. A few of them don't even involve trips. If I had to pick just one, I'd go with the 2020 Half Marathon over Marathon Week...specifically, that part where you run into MK and up Main Street. Nothing prepared me for experiencing that moment in person...especially since it was pre-Covid and the Dreamlights were lit up on the castle.

One is when in Disneyland Paris they had had a fire in Auberge de Cendrillon (where they have the princess dinners).

We walked by and the door was open when it was normally closed. We walked in, discovered about the fire. So no meals were served, but the people with reservations could come in to at least meet the characters as they were in anyway. We asked if we could go in, the CM gave some pixiedust and we had 20 minutes of character time, with 2 mice, 3 princesses and 1 prince. Still very surreal.

And the first visit after the Covid closure in Paris was special. It was like we had to rediscover Disney because of many modifications. DLP had worked hard to give alternative experiences. Definitely one for the books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter