What's your most memorable "fantasy" day, cobbled from various trips?

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
Since many of us aren’t going to the parks for awhile, and certainly won’t have normal experiences there, let’s open up the memory bank and cobble together your most fun/interesting day at the park, with bits and pieces from here and there. Fill in your most memorable thing in each category. Not necessarily the best! So list your most memorable…..

Wake-up experience at your resort/hotel: It was November 1 (2017) and we had tickets to MNSSHP. We had gotten to bed at 10 the night before and were planning to be at the parks until midnight that night. My wife was running three races over the next few days - in other words, we needed rest!! But my son, then 6, decided to wake up at 5am.

Needing to let my wife sleep, I got him outside and we walked allllll over Pop Century and even over to AoA in order to kill time. By 9am I had already registered something like five miles on my steps counter. Ugh, what a morning.

Funniest/most bizarre interaction with a CM: Photopass CM at the Japan pavilion (2009), talking to my wife, daughter (15 at the time) and me as she took pictures: “So how do you all know each other?” ??? We later joked that we should have just said, “Oh, we met on the plane and all got along really well and so decided to come here together.”

Streetmosphere: The late Mayor Weaver happened to be standing beside my son and I one day as we watched a performance on Main Street. We started chatting and he said with excitement, “Are you going to be here all day?” I said, “Yes” and then watched eagerly as he reached into his pocket (some of you know where this is going). He pulled out his card and said, “Take this - it will get you into the back of any line!” It’s still up on our refrigerator, many years later.

Character Meet: On one trip we met up with a CM friend of my daughter and we were all in line together at the Character Spot at Epcot - a friend of our CM-friend was a friend of Goofy (so many friends!), and so when Goofy saw our CM friend approach he went crazy and was amazing with my son...over-the-top and completely hysterical.

CM at a resort: Talked to Curt at the desk at the Beach Club one evening. As my son approached the counter, Curt started to unroll some Mickey stickers for him, off of a large roll. He unrolled 5, 7, 15….they just kept coming. He was saying, “you probably have friends at school….and some cousins….and people who like MIckey….” and he just kept unrolling and unrolling and we just kept laughing as they spilled over the desk and started to pile up on the floor. He gave us something like 150 stickers.

Character meal: Cape May Cafe buffet breakfast, 2015. Donald comes by and his bill gets in his way - he turns his head toward my seated son and tonk! nails my then-4yo son right square on the forehead.

Meal in a park: We only ate at Le Cellier once, in 2009, and didn’t love it. But it’s memorable because we were finishing up at closing time and the kitchen staff back-of-house started getting really rowdy, and from where we sat we could hear them super clearly. The highlight was when they started belting out “Total Eclipse of the Heart” at the top of their lungs.

Snack in a park: My wife and daughter got a Dole Whip float while I ran ahead to grab FPs at Splash (yes, back in those days). I came back expecting to find a third of the treat waiting for me. It ended up being like two bites! We joke to this day that they don’t understand the concept of “⅓.”

Use of technology: Online ordering on MDE was still newish (2017) and not many people were using it. I got in line for a Dole Whip and there were at least 30 people in front of me. I realized I should use the app! Spent 30 seconds ordering, got out of line, walked to the online-order pickup window, the guy asked what I ordered and when I told him he just handed it to me. Twenty-minute wait turned into no wait.

Snack at a resort: Maybe the day at Beaches and Cream that I ordered the No Way Jose as my entree and ate the whole thing (and still had some of my wife’s banana split). Does that count as a snack?

Meal in a resort: Highway in the Sky Dine Around (2017), no contest. What a great experience.

Attraction experience: I would have to say the time we were stopped on Splash Mountain, right before the first small lift, because of ride issues. The ride had to be evacuated and we got to walk inside the mountain, within the structure that holds it up. So neat!

Nighttime show experience: May 2017 - We were at MK for the second-ever showing of Happily Ever After. I never really care about being among-the-first for something like that, but there is something to be said about the energy of a crowd when 99 percent of those in attendance are seeing an attraction for the first time. Every collective gasp and roar and cheer and each wiped tear is real and unexpected and thrilling. It was maybe my single favorite experience ever at Disney.

Transportation back to your resort/hotel: The night of the aforementioned Halloween Party, the bus was packed and my son was sitting while we stood. He fell asleep and was leaning right up against the guy beside him, facepaint smearing the dude’s t-shirt. I got his attention to apologize and indicate he could push my son off him, but he just waved it away with a smile.

Wind-down time at your hotel: Beach Club, 2015. Rainy night and so all the lifeguards were in the solarium, hanging out. My then-4yo went over and sat with them and they all colored pictures together, just him and four college girls he was crushing on.

After hours at your hotel (G-rated): At about 1am (2015) the room beside us at the Beach Club Villas was LOUD. Very loud. I was the only one in our family still up, fortunately, and I called the front desk twice, in a span of 30 minutes. Nothing changed. I didn’t want to bang on the wall and wake up my family so I went outside and started to pound on their door. Hard. No one answered after a good minute of knocking. They STILL didn’t quiet down but mercifully I fell asleep, somewhere around 3. The next morning, with us all up at 7am, I leaned my phone against the common wall and put “Let it Go” on a loop as loud as it would play.

Since many of us aren’t going to the parks for awhile, and certainly won’t have normal experiences there, let’s open up the memory bank and cobble together your most fun/interesting day at the park, with bits and pieces from here and there. Fill in your most memorable thing in each category. Not necessarily the best! So list your most memorable…..

Wake-up experience at your resort/hotel: It was November 1 (2017) and we had tickets to MNSSHP. We had gotten to bed at 10 the night before and were planning to be at the parks until midnight that night. My wife was running three races over the next few days - in other words, we needed rest!! But my son, then 6, decided to wake up at 5am.

Needing to let my wife sleep, I got him outside and we walked allllll over Pop Century and even over to AoA in order to kill time. By 9am I had already registered something like five miles on my steps counter. Ugh, what a morning.

Funniest/most bizarre interaction with a CM: Photopass CM at the Japan pavilion (2009), talking to my wife, daughter (15 at the time) and me as she took pictures: “So how do you all know each other?” ??? We later joked that we should have just said, “Oh, we met on the plane and all got along really well and so decided to come here together.”

Streetmosphere: The late Mayor Weaver happened to be standing beside my son and I one day as we watched a performance on Main Street. We started chatting and he said with excitement, “Are you going to be here all day?” I said, “Yes” and then watched eagerly as he reached into his pocket (some of you know where this is going). He pulled out his card and said, “Take this - it will get you into the back of any line!” It’s still up on our refrigerator, many years later.

Character Meet: On one trip we met up with a CM friend of my daughter and we were all in line together at the Character Spot at Epcot - a friend of our CM-friend was a friend of Goofy (so many friends!), and so when Goofy saw our CM friend approach he went crazy and was amazing with my son...over-the-top and completely hysterical.

CM at a resort: Talked to Curt at the desk at the Beach Club one evening. As my son approached the counter, Curt started to unroll some Mickey stickers for him, off of a large roll. He unrolled 5, 7, 15….they just kept coming. He was saying, “you probably have friends at school….and some cousins….and people who like MIckey….” and he just kept unrolling and unrolling and we just kept laughing as they spilled over the desk and started to pile up on the floor. He gave us something like 150 stickers.

Character meal: Cape May Cafe buffet breakfast, 2015. Donald comes by and his bill gets in his way - he turns his head toward my seated son and tonk! nails my then-4yo son right square on the forehead.

Meal in a park: We only ate at Le Cellier once, in 2009, and didn’t love it. But it’s memorable because we were finishing up at closing time and the kitchen staff back-of-house started getting really rowdy, and from where we sat we could hear them super clearly. The highlight was when they started belting out “Total Eclipse of the Heart” at the top of their lungs.

Snack in a park: My wife and daughter got a Dole Whip float while I ran ahead to grab FPs at Splash (yes, back in those days). I came back expecting to find a third of the treat waiting for me. It ended up being like two bites! We joke to this day that they don’t understand the concept of “⅓.”

Use of technology: Online ordering on MDE was still newish (2017) and not many people were using it. I got in line for a Dole Whip and there were at least 30 people in front of me. I realized I should use the app! Spent 30 seconds ordering, got out of line, walked to the online-order pickup window, the guy asked what I ordered and when I told him he just handed it to me. Twenty-minute wait turned into no wait.

Snack at a resort: Maybe the day at Beaches and Cream that I ordered the No Way Jose as my entree and ate the whole thing (and still had some of my wife’s banana split). Does that count as a snack?

Meal in a resort: Highway in the Sky Dine Around (2017), no contest. What a great experience.

Attraction experience: I would have to say the time we were stopped on Splash Mountain, right before the first small lift, because of ride issues. The ride had to be evacuated and we got to walk inside the mountain, within the structure that holds it up. So neat!

Nighttime show experience: May 2017 - We were at MK for the second-ever showing of Happily Ever After. I never really care about being among-the-first for something like that, but there is something to be said about the energy of a crowd when 99 percent of those in attendance are seeing an attraction for the first time. Every collective gasp and roar and cheer and each wiped tear is real and unexpected and thrilling. It was maybe my single favorite experience ever at Disney.

Transportation back to your resort/hotel: The night of the aforementioned Halloween Party, the bus was packed and my son was sitting while we stood. He fell asleep and was leaning right up against the guy beside him, facepaint smearing the dude’s t-shirt. I got his attention to apologize and indicate he could push my son off him, but he just waved it away with a smile.

Wind-down time at your hotel: Beach Club, 2015. Rainy night and so all the lifeguards were in the solarium, hanging out. My then-4yo went over and sat with them and they all colored pictures together, just him and four college girls he was crushing on.

After hours at your hotel (G-rated): At about 1am (2015) the room beside us at the Beach Club Villas was LOUD. Very loud. I was the only one in our family still up, fortunately, and I called the front desk twice, in a span of 30 minutes. Nothing changed. I didn’t want to bang on the wall and wake up my family so I went outside and started to pound on their door. Hard. No one answered after a good minute of knocking. They STILL didn’t quiet down but mercifully I fell asleep, somewhere around 3. The next morning, with us all up at 7am, I leaned my phone against the common wall and put “Let it Go” on a loop as loud as it would play.

Love this! Especially your last one. The "G rated" reference gave me a chuckle, but the story itself is something I only wish I had the guts to pull off. Ha!

...personally, I would have played a loop of "It's a Small World", but that's just me. popcorn::

....during the third day of our first trip to WDW back in 1992, we met Gideon and Foulfellow somewhere near Mickey's House. Our two older sons, aged 4 and 5 at the time, wanted to take a photo with them, so they stood next to each other with the characters behind them. It wasn't until we returned home and had the rolls of film developed [ahhhh, the good old days!] that we realized that Gideon had covered each of my DSs faces with his 'paws'!

...my DH has Celiac and nothing was available at the Cape May cafe during the dinner buffet for dessert. The chef came out with a gluten-free concoction he whipped up:

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!