What's your own personal paradise?

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
On my way in to work yesterday afternoon I couldn't help but notice what a beauty of a day it was!

The sky was blue, it was only in the low 70's and Bruce Springsteen's Tunnel of Love was blasting from my CD player.

On one side of the road were horses basking in the sunlight, on the other, open rolling fields.

It was just me, Springsteen, the open road, and all was right with the world. I was in my own little personal paradise.

What's yours?

My own paradise is sitting at one of the outside tables of the Fountainview Cafe after dark, with the lights on Spaceship Earth and the fountain, and the music and dancing water. Many stressful moments have been decompressed by stopping and spending a few minutes "hearing" the sounds and picturing that area.

The par 3 seventh hole at Pebble Beach. Havent been there yet, but I am sure it's paradise.

Credit man, I've been there and it is an amazing spot!....

I have a few but lately I think it is going to the beach with the warm breeze gently blowing, while watching my children play in the water. The air is clean, the sky is the bluest I've ever seen, the clouds are fluffy and billowing across the sky....the sun is warm but not hot (we go around 5pm)........and the salty smell....all is right with the world.

Thanks for the moment.

Holycow

My own paradise is Trunk Bay on the island of St. John. Or, laying in a hammock under a brilliant blue sky on NCL's private island. I'd give anything to be there right about now!

Turning the bend of an Adirondack river early one morning to come upon a mountain lake with the mist still rising from it. The only sounds are my paddle slicing the water and a loon making its call.

Taking a jog around the Boardwalk in the early mist is a good one. Just as good is just sitting on the Boardwalk with my morning coffee. ;)

Either sitting at home with my loved ones watching a movie that we all enjoy and eating Chinese food or exploring a new place on my own.

Originally posted by Credit Man
The par 3 seventh hole at Pebble Beach. Havent been there yet, but I am sure it's paradise.

Sounds like a possible future DIS meet...:smooth:

My paradise is on the beach on Frye Island, in Sebego Lake, Maine. We vacation there every year. We eat when we are hungry, sleep when we are tired, and have no agenda but to relax and have a good time as a family. It's the best!

We'll be going back in 304 days....not that I'm counting!;)

Nice thread, Blondie. Thanks. :D

My personal paradise is sitting on our backyard patio on any nice weather evening with a tall glass of iced tea, while DS and DH play baseball in the grass. I watch them and the shade trees that surround our yard and attract the loveliest birds.

I want to add something because my post is just about the Boardwalk which, while I'd love to live there all year, is only a place I visit.

A personal paradise that I enjoy more often is my front porch. We have a wrap around front porch with lush ferns hanging between the posts. I just love sitting out there on a beautiful day with a glass of whatever I fancy at the time close at hand. Ahhhh. Add the morning paper, a sweet roll and some coffee and it's a beautiful thing.

My personal paradise is a cabin high up in the mountains sitting near a mountain lake. There is a canoe tied to the boat dock and a screened in porch on the cabin. DH and I are sitting on the porch watching the sunrise planning our next hike, sipping hot chocolate. Our back packs are next to us and the dog is already at the canoe ready to go.

One for now: Sitting in our garden in Bournemouth UK, warm early evening, tall glass of rum & coke, reading latest Stephen King novel, listening to Rod Stewarts' Greatest Hits (softly), getting text message that Chelsea have scored their 3rd goal of the match against Manchester United.

One for retirement: Sitting in the pool area of our Florida home, warm early evening, tall glass of rum & coke, reading latest Stephen King novel etc etc etc........................

I discovered my personal paradise last year and I can't wait to go back!!
Sitting with my DH on the pool deck at the Ihilani Resort on Oahu sipping a frozen Kahlua and milk as the sun is setting over the pacific ocean. :smooth: :smooth:

Personal Paradise? Standing at the edge of the sea in County Kerry with the rugged hills behind me, laden with sheep and goats, and the fierce sea pounding the rocks before me. The cottages dotting the hillside are pristine. The fishing boats are visible and through the mist, over there to the right is the artist's island. The wind blows strongly in my face and there is a salty taste left on my lips. I see clearly, the strong resemblance the Irish coastline has with Maine's coastline, my second paradise.

The realistic one: Sitting on the beach in fall with DH and my furbaby, Winnie, listening to the gulls and watching the waves.

Fantasy: SItting on our yacht with our families to ITaly.

I have two:

Driving down the Ca. coast from San Fran to Monterray. In a convertible. Blasting the great 80's. I actually have a list that I am continually adding to, of songs that I am going to blast when I fulfill this fantasy...in 3 years. We get to Monterray and sit on the pier, watching the waves come in . Then go down to the beach and dip our feet in, sipping the awesome Bloody Mary's that the pier bar has.

Along the way, we stop at the lookouts, and climb the treacherous climb to the beach below, and umm...have it to ourselves, if you know what I mean...

(2) Laying on a hammock at CBR. Clear sky. With DH. Each sipping a Red Stripe Jamacian Beer. Sigh...it has been a long 4 months sicne I have been there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter