What's your poison?

When we visit the USA, it’s a margarita on the rocks every time. Here in Australia, it’s a gin and soda.

Me too, as long as there's no IPAs. Those taste like soap to me :crazy2:
As much as I love beer--many kinds--I'm not an IPA fan either (not that I'd insult anyone by not drinking it;:) Your soap comparison made me smile. When I was a kid my doctor used to prescribe nose drops for me. I hated them because when I used the drops they'd run down into my throat and I could taste it!:eek: IPAs remind me of those nosedrops.

Have you tried Champagne and Puckers? It's a surprisingly tasty combination and gives champagne a nice, vibrant color. I like mixing Korbel Brut with Sour Green Apple Puckers. I call it a Poison Apple.

Have you tried Champagne and Puckers? It's a surprisingly tasty combination and gives champagne a nice, vibrant color. I like mixing Korbel Brut with Sour Green Apple Puckers. I call it a Poison Apple.
I hadn't heard of puckers until I looked it up after reading your post. Is the flavor anything like Jolly Ranchers?

Day 89 for me. I was only going to go for 90 days but now I am thinking of keeping going. For some reason it just seams right for me right now.

Congratulations!

If I can find it, a triple IPA. Kind of hard to find though.

YUM!!!! I am a beer lover, too, and the IPA-er, the better, ha!

Since I've decided to stay away from alcohol for the time being I am not on the hunt for good NA beer. I've seen (online) that there are some "craft" style NA beer out now I am hoping that one of my local stores might have some. There's no BevMo or similar in my town, so I am stuck with what the grocery stores might carry.

We have a brewery here that is all NA...I believe it is called Hairless Dog? Anything like that near you?

When I logged in, I had 22 new thumbs up - thank you for the sobriety support! It was baaaaad when I quit drinking. It needed to be done.

We have a brewery here that is all NA...I believe it is called Hairless Dog? Anything like that near you?
Not that I’ve seen. But BevMo does appear to have a pretty good selection. The closest one is an hour away but it might be worth it. I mean I’ve driven further for the day to visit breweries.

We're at the beach right now, and that's the only place I drink Coronas, for some reason. I guess I fell for their ad pitch.

(Also margaritas, but they're an everywhere drink for me.)

YUM!!!! I am a beer lover, too, and the IPA-er, the better, ha!
It has to be done right though. I've had some double IPAs that were excruciatingly bitter and undrinkable. But if it's done right, there's a little bit of bitterness and the hop flavor just explodes.

Wine- mostly reds, preferably Syrah or merlot. However, we've been drinking 19Crimes and Cocobon this summer, as well as the Member's Mark Sangria from Sam's (with fruit, some OJ, and a floater of rum or bourbon).

New favorite this summer is at the local pub: Blackberry margarita, made with Hornitos tequila, sugar on the rim. It's a surprisingly good match with oysters on the half shell!

Hard alcohol? Anything made with bourbon. Tequila was always my go-to, but since I had bariatric surgery 4 years ago, I really can't drink tequila (except those blackberry margs made with Hornitos). Bourbon, on the other hand, goes down well and I enjoy a good old fashioned. I am also partial to gin, especially the amazing gin basil smash made at the local Thai restaurant, but Tanqueray and tonic with lime is what we drink a LOT in the summer (and the fall, and winter, and spring...)

We have 3 microbreweries in the small college town where I live, so we drink a lot of beer. I am a huge fan of a big, juicy, east coast IPA. The east coast IPAs seem less bitter than the west coast style. I also enjoy a fruity, clean gose, a nice, malty, slightly smoky Scottish ale, Weissbier, or a classic, crisp Czech pilsner.

Hmmm... do we drink too much? :drinking1

I was excited to find Golden Road nonalcoholic Mango Cart Wheat today at one of my local stores. I am looking forward to having one later today. Day 97.

View attachment 526977
I've actually grown to really like Mango Cart and often get it in my 'build your own pack' at the local liquor store. I didn't even know they made a non-alcoholic version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter