Wheat Berries

esddk

Earning My Ears
Hi! Not sure if I can ask for recipes on this thread. I just discovered wheat berries. We received ~4 pounds of them in our CSA so I am looking for yummy recipes to use them in. I tried a basic one tonight mixing them with sauteed veggies and scrambled eggs. It was delicious, but I am hoping to branch out and maybe even get my kids to eat them without too much cringing. Thanks!

Susan - I got some great ideas on a show on our local PBS--I'm including a link--it shows it's not on their schedule right now--but there is a PDF of the transcript--and the chef has great ideas to prepare and include more grains and legumes in your family's foods--and what grains to use for what.

http://www.byub.org/livingessentials/episode.aspx?ep=213

Hope that helps with some fun ideas--wheat berries are great in a salad or used anyplace you would use ground meats--replacing just a part of the meat is a great way to get those grains in and not really alter the flavors or textures much :)

Enjoy!!
:) Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter