• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wheel chairs available at the dolphin?

Kajunswty

Always waiting on the next magical vacation!
I've "borrowed" one from Pop Cenury with no problems. Are they as easily accessable at the Dolphin? Is there a fee? One last thing, I've never paid attention before...is there a ramp for the boat to Epcot/MGM?

thanks, Jon

I can't answer part 1. If they don't you can arrange for a rental from one of the offsite companies that also rent out ECVs.

However, the pier for the boats to EC and MGM is a shallow ramp. They will put a small ramp over the gap between the pier and the boat just like they do between the stations and the monorail trains.

I thought about renting one of the ECV's but my DH said that my mom would never be able to back the chair onto the ramp to board the bus. I have to agree so we'll have to stick to the standard chair. OR, maybe we can rent a motorized chair at the park once she gets there.

I may research the options and then figure out what to do when we're there. Thanks for the reply :)

We have stayed at the Dolphin 2 times. We rented a wheelchair from Walker Mobility both times. The deliver it to the Bellman and you return it to the bellman when we were done. It was very convenient! Let me know if you have any questions.

Kajunswty said:
I thought about renting one of the ECV's but my DH said that my mom would never be able to back the chair onto the ramp to board the bus. I have to agree so we'll have to stick to the standard chair. OR, maybe we can rent a motorized chair at the park once she gets there.

I may research the options and then figure out what to do when we're there. Thanks for the reply :)
I don't think the Dophin has any wheelchairs to loan. If you haven't, check the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of the board for more info on your options.

we were told that they didnt' have any for loaners at the Dolphin so they called and it was there waiting for us when we arrived and we delivered it back to the bellman when we left.......it was a nice one and we did the pushing.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter