Wheel of Fortune Blunder

I remember seeing several of the ones in the video, including "Group of pill-pushers." At least that one fit the blanks and is a coherent phrase!

We saw one that was I think was "KEVIN COSTNER IN --K." Mind you, this was just after the film "JFK" had been nominated for a bazillion Oscars, so it was topical. The contestant said "Kevin Costner in Oak?" The O had even already been played!

What was the question? My son is in 9th grade and competes in history tournaments/test taking.

The topic was 20th Century Presidents. The clue: He took the oath of office twice within 14 months.

Answer: Lyndon B. Johnson. (November 1963 after assassination of JFK. January 1965 after winning 1964 election).

Usually when the Final Jeopardy category is announced before the commercial, I take a wild guess. Last night I guessed Warren Harding.

But flamingo and flamenco are two different things. one has a C, the other a G. :confused3

I can understand that. But when its clearly spelled out in front of you, with a c, not a g, how can you mispronounce?

Yeah, they might not have listened so hard if there wasn't such a big difference between

the "g":
Pink_flamingo_turns.gif
and the "c":
VHHm4WM.gif

Last edited:
Last night's Final Jeopardy was embarrassing for those kids. Do they not teach history in college anymore? :sad2:

My gut reaction was Truman, then I realized he’d been sworn in 3 times. So, I got LBJ, but I don’t know if I would have had it written in time if I’d been there.

Edit: that’s wrong on Truman. He served most of FDR’s 4th term, then was re-elected once.

Last edited:

The topic was 20th Century Presidents. The clue: He took the oath of office twice within 14 months.

Answer: Lyndon B. Johnson. (November 1963 after assassination of JFK. January 1965 after winning 1964 election).

Usually when the Final Jeopardy category is announced before the commercial, I take a wild guess. Last night I guessed Warren Harding.

My husband and I do the same thing. He tricked me once by taping the episode and guessing the correct answer.

I do the same thing & once in a while those wild guesses end up being right LOL

Well, thank god, though the long look in that the clip of Sajak before he said no n’s, was what gave it a wiff of authenticity. I would hope if anything like that did happen they would pull the puzzle and do another one.

Edited to add: one thing the article has wrong, the video being taken down. It’s part of the top 10 video above. So the list’s compiler had to have found it somewhere.

I can empathize when there is a missing letter. I can't imagine the nerves being on a game show and all the hype!.
But all he had to do was read what was on the board.

Poor guy, he'll be getting FLAMINGO everything for awhile. There's probably been the yard stick kind placed already ROTFLMAO

Then there’s the guy given clam _igger.

Yes, he asked for that letter.

Silence in the studio while the waited for it to catch up to him.

That is a fake video pieced together by someone and posted on the internet.

edit: hadn't made it to p3 yet where someone already posted about it being fake.

I can empathize when there is a missing letter. I can't imagine the nerves being on a game show and all the hype!.
But all he had to do was read what was on the board.

Poor guy, he'll be getting FLAMINGO everything for awhile. There's probably been the yard stick kind placed already ROTFLMAO
The hilarious thing is he solved the puzzle right after, which was WHAT JUST HAPPENED? :rotfl2:

I THOUGHT the clam one looked fake, thanks for confirming. The way that the contestant looked against the backdrop seemed like cheap blue screen work and the way he said “n” just felt like bad acting. But I’m on my phone so it was hard to tell for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the videos! Game show blunders never cease to amuse me. Age of consent!! Wow!

Dude was so confident when he said his answer. Followed by a clueless stare. :confused:
But the rules are the rules.

And What is a hoe?

LOL, Ken Jennings. I felt that he was technically right and it should’ve been accepted as a correct answer, even though it wasn’t what the writers had in mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, but last night I got a few right while those college whippersnappers couldn't even venture a guess.

And U of Central Florida kicked Stanford's butt.

Yeah. They'll have some bragging rights over their bosses when they get out.

Make sure you clean the leaves out of my pool Steve.

Sure thing boss. But you'll always remember I beat you at a trivia game show!!!

I THOUGHT the clam one looked fake, thanks for confirming. The way that the contestant looked against the backdrop seemed like cheap blue screen work and the way he said “n” just felt like bad acting. But I’m on my phone so it was hard to tell for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the videos! Game show blunders never cease to amuse me. Age of consent!! Wow!

Yeah. Pat's reaction was way too subdued. Nor would they even ever broadcast that show.

My Wife and I are attempting a Flamingo Dance Off after a couple cocktails. It's tough because you have to do it on one leg.

Yeah, but last night I got a few right while those college whippersnappers couldn't even venture a guess.

And U of Central Florida kicked Stanford's butt.

There was also a guy from RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology.) DW's daughters graduated from RIT and UCF. The younger daughter now has bragging rights over two "better" schools.

My wild guess was Dwight Eisenhower. I got LBJ correct immediately when the clue was read.

Two or three times in the past one of my wild guesses turned out to be correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter