Wheelchair and stroller

bearlens

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to Disneyland and taking our 3 year old granddaughter. Problem is I need to push my wife in a wheel chair. She won’t use an electric one. Too dangerous. So how can I push my wife and stroller at the same time? I have read that you can not sit on ones lap in a wheelchair you are pushing or is that only in regards to an electric one? Please give me advise. I can’t push both.

My wife and I are going to Disneyland and taking our 3 year old granddaughter. Problem is I need to push my wife in a wheel chair. She won’t use an electric one. Too dangerous. So how can I push my wife and stroller at the same time? I have read that you can not sit on ones lap in a wheelchair you are pushing or is that only in regards to an electric one? Please give me advise. I can’t push both.
it‘s powered devices like ECVs they are concerned about.

When we have rented the manual wheelchair at Disneyland (and we have done it a lot), we are told about 90% of the time that only 1 person is allowed in the wheelchair and no lap sitting.

Oh my goodness, I think you need another adult for your sanity. Seems like most 3 years olds I see at the park are either asleep or running away from their families :)

I've wheeled around WDW with my Granddaughter in my lap a lot. I'm a full time manual wheelchair user who self propels my own wheelchair and I've had lots of experience with kids in my lap starting 35 years ago with my daughter. The only comments I've gotten from CMs have been positive ones. No one has ever asked me to remove my Granddaughter from my lap.

We were just there with a wheelchair and a toddler. He rode in my lap and we had no issues.

I think there my be a policy difference between rental wheelchairs that Disney is responsible for and personal devices. I had a CM complain about me holding one of my nieces in my lap exactly once. I pointed out that I was using a personal wheelchair that I owned, and that if he wanted to continue the conversation I’d like him to call for his supervisor. He left pretty quickly after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter