Wheelchair/Elec powered chair hire - info

arieliwish

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,
Hi all,

A while ago I asked on here for wheelchair hire info and was directed to DLP special needs dept.

They emailed me with details of daily wheelchair hire in the parks and a company that hires out elec wheelchairs, so I thought I'd pass their details on. I called them yesterday and in very bad french asked 'parlez vous anglais?' - they got someone who spoke english to give me info.

They charge 150 euros per week (not sure if they do per day hire) and deliver to and collect from your hotel, the chair charges in your room over night.

If we would like to proceed with the hire we just fax them the details and pay on delivery.

Centre Orthopedie et Materiel Medical (COMM)
Tel 0033 1 60 29 42 03
fax 0033 1 60 29 42 46

Hope that's of some use to you,

Lynn :goodvibes

I didn't even know where to start to find this information and I happened upon here. Thank you for the info. princess:

You're very welcome :goodvibes even though the post is rather old I hope the information is still valid, even if prices have no doubt increased by now.

And before I forget my manners, let me welcome you to the forum. :welcome:

This is a friendly board, please join in on any thread or if you have any questions please start a new one of your own.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here. :)

I want to thank you, too! I need an scooter, & DLP is on our to do list! DH just asked if it will be possible for me to enjoy DLP at all!

Does anyone have any up to date information on mobility scooters?
Is there a website where I can figure it out to see if we can arrange one?

Thanks,
Marie

Can anyone help with this? My french is non existent so phoning the company mentioned isn't really an option...

thanks,
Marie

Perhaps email them? You can always use your computer to translate it into French first.

Is this information still good?

We are staying at Davy Crockett's Ranch.

Hi all,

A while ago I asked on here for wheelchair hire info and was directed to DLP special needs dept.

They emailed me with details of daily wheelchair hire in the parks and a company that hires out elec wheelchairs, so I thought I'd pass their details on. I called them yesterday and in very bad french asked 'parlez vous anglais?' - they got someone who spoke english to give me info.

They charge 150 euros per week (not sure if they do per day hire) and deliver to and collect from your hotel, the chair charges in your room over night.

If we would like to proceed with the hire we just fax them the details and pay on delivery.

Centre Orthopedie et Materiel Medical (COMM)
Tel 0033 1 60 29 42 03
fax 0033 1 60 29 42 46

Hope that's of some use to you,

Lynn :goodvibes
thi

This was a long time ago! I would contact DLP / Special needs dept for more up to date information. There may be info on their website now as the tinternet has come a long way in 12 years!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter