Wheelchair entrance for small world and other ?'s

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! For our upcoming trip in November, our group will include a young man who has severe physical and cognitive disabilities. He cannot transfer from a wheelchair and he will, most likely, have a DAS (we will, at least, ask for one at guest services).

I am trying to put together our FP+ strategy for each park and I have a question regarding wheelchair entrances at the attractions he will be able to ride.

I've seen that there is a separate entrance for wheelchairs at small world (he will need to be placed on the boat that is wheelchair accessible). Is there any benefit to getting a FP+ or DAS return time for this ride? Or should we all simply go to the wheelchair entrance?

For the other rides that can accommodate his wheelchair, is there any benefit to getting FP+ or DAS for those? (things like Safari, Under the Sea, Jungle Cruise, Living with the Land, etc.) or will we be asked to walk through another line for those attractions as well.

I'm just trying to get a handle on what is best to FP+ or DAS and what is best to do standy-by if possible.

I'm also wondering about some of the shows. I know he will want to see the Frozen Sing-a-Long. We are a party of 7. Should I FP+ that? Or will they simply place us in a wheelchair accessible area if we do the show standby?

Thank you for any advice you can give!

(things like Safari, Under the Sea, Jungle Cruise, Living with the Land, etc.) or will we be asked to walk through another line for those attractions as well.

for the rides you listed if you do not have a FP then you will have to either wait in the standby line or get a DAS and wait the standby time or -10 minutes

for Small world my friend just walked ( or rolled in the handicap entrince you may get something different)

Hi everyone! For our upcoming trip in November, our group will include a young man who has severe physical and cognitive disabilities. He cannot transfer from a wheelchair and he will, most likely, have a DAS (we will, at least, ask for one at guest services).

I am trying to put together our FP+ strategy for each park and I have a question regarding wheelchair entrances at the attractions he will be able to ride.

I've seen that there is a separate entrance for wheelchairs at small world (he will need to be placed on the boat that is wheelchair accessible). Is there any benefit to getting a FP+ or DAS return time for this ride? Or should we all simply go to the wheelchair entrance?

For the other rides that can accommodate his wheelchair, is there any benefit to getting FP+ or DAS for those? (things like Safari, Under the Sea, Jungle Cruise, Living with the Land, etc.) or will we be asked to walk through another line for those attractions as well.

I'm just trying to get a handle on what is best to FP+ or DAS and what is best to do standy-by if possible.

I'm also wondering about some of the shows. I know he will want to see the Frozen Sing-a-Long. We are a party of 7. Should I FP+ that? Or will they simply place us in a wheelchair accessible area if we do the show standby?

Thank you for any advice you can give!

102.jpg

IMG_0670.JPG

The handicap entrance is located on the right side of the attraction that is also the exit. You can open the gate and roll down the aisle on your far left. In the photo, it is on the right

107.jpg

Usually, a Disney cast member will greet you and if there is a line, there are numbered spaces where you can stop or drive all of the way down the aisle. The regular exit is on the right in the photo.

IMG_0932-700x467.jpg

There will be a handicap boat to drive onto and drive forward. One or two wheelchairs or mobility scooters can board and the friends sit next to them. You will exit by backing up.

Last edited:
102.jpg

IMG_0670.JPG

The handicap entrance is located on the right side of the attraction that is also the exit. You can open the gate and roll down the aisle on your far left. In the photo, it is on the right

107.jpg

Usually, a Disney cast member will greet you and if there is a line, there are numbered spaces where you can stop or drive all of the way down the aisle. The regular exit is on the right in the photo.

IMG_0932-700x467.jpg

There will be a handicap boat to drive onto and drive forward. One or two wheelchairs or mobility scooters can board and the friends sit next to them. You will exit by backing up.

Thank you so much! So, it sounds like FP+ and DAS are useless for small world because we have to go down the wheelchair ramp and not the regular or FP+ line, is that correct?

Thank you so much! So, it sounds like FP+ and DAS are useless for small world because we have to go down the wheelchair ramp and not the regular or FP+ line, is that correct?

yup. not sure how many WC boats they even have or how many will be in operation , but I have had as many as 6 or 8 ahead of me with only one boat in service so the wait is still very long.

with Jungle cruise I personally have never been handed the special return badge for the WC boat, but I have seen a CM out in front handing them out. again, I believe there is only one or two accessible boats and its a bit of a time suck getting in and out but for some reason I have never had more than one person ahead of me in the line.

another one to not waste a FP+ on is space mountain where you enter from the back exit ramp.

yup. not sure how many WC boats they even have or how many will be in operation , but I have had as many as 6 or 8 ahead of me with only one boat in service so the wait is still very long.

with Jungle cruise I personally have never been handed the special return badge for the WC boat, but I have seen a CM out in front handing them out. again, I believe there is only one or two accessible boats and its a bit of a time suck getting in and out but for some reason I have never had more than one person ahead of me in the line.

another one to not waste a FP+ on is space mountain where you enter from the back exit ramp.
I am pretty sure sace enters form the FP line and if you do not have a FP then you are given a retrun time to come back.

We’ve been many times to Small World since it changed with our daughter who uses a wheelchair and needs the wheelchair boat. There is almost always a CM stationed at the entrance to the wheelchair ramp.
If you have Fastpasses, you will be entering into the wheelchair ramp right away.

With a mobility and no Fastpass or if using DAS, you will USUALLY be given a return time ticket to come back. The wait time will generally be about 10 minutes less than the current Standby Wait time.
The only times we have been directed right to the wheelchair ramp has been when the wait in the Standby line has been 20 minutes or less.

Only one wheelchair can be loaded onto the accessible boat (they used to allow 2, but a few years ago changed to a painted box on the floor of the boat. The wheelchair must fit in that box.

There are often 2 wheelchair boats, but how long your will be depends on how many other people are ahead of you, how many of them don’t need the accessible boat because they can transfer, and whether or not both boats are running.

Jungle Cruise works the same as Small World.
When we have had Fastpasses, they have been scanned and we were given a return time ticket for ‘now’ and entered right into the accessible waiting area. They are generally only running one accessible Jungle Cruise boat.
Again, the wait depends on how many are ahead of you who can’t transfer and need that boat.

Without Fastpasses or using DAS on Jungle Cruise, we have been given a return time ticket for about 10 minutes less than the Standby Wait time. Those written tickets (at least in our experience) have a 1 hour window to use.

Thank you, Sue, for the info. I corrected the info on my post with that little "strike through" thingy at the top of the post.

The one time at late night that I went to Small World it seemed very slow and the cast member just told me to go through the exit gate and down the ramp and wait for a cast member. That one particular time I had to open the exit gate by myself. But it was near closing and the standby line was a few minutes.

On a very busy afternoon at the Jungle Cruise, a cast member gave me a return time.

I'm sure that if the Small World was busier when I went that a cast member would have been at the gate and I wold have received a return time, too.

We’ve been many times to Small World since it changed with our daughter who uses a wheelchair and needs the wheelchair boat. There is almost always a CM stationed at the entrance to the wheelchair ramp.
If you have Fastpasses, you will be entering into the wheelchair ramp right away.

With a mobility and no Fastpass or if using DAS, you will USUALLY be given a return time ticket to come back. The wait time will generally be about 10 minutes less than the current Standby Wait time.
The only times we have been directed right to the wheelchair ramp has been when the wait in the Standby line has been 20 minutes or less.

Only one wheelchair can be loaded onto the accessible boat (they used to allow 2, but a few years ago changed to a painted box on the floor of the boat. The wheelchair must fit in that box.

There are often 2 wheelchair boats, but how long you will depend on how many other people are ahead of you, how many of them don’t need the accessible boat because they can transfer, and whether or not both boats are running.

When we have had Fastpasses, they have been scanned and we were given a return time ticket for ‘now’ and entered right into the accessible waiting area. They are generally only running one accessible Jungle Cruise boat.
Again, the wait depends on how many are ahead of you who can’t transfer and need that boat.

Without Fastpasses or using DAS on Jungle Cruise, we have been given a return time ticket for about 10 minutes less than the Standby Wait time. Those written tickets (at least in our experience) have a 1-hour window to use.

There are often 2 wheelchair boats, but how long your will be depends on how many other people are ahead of you, how many of them don’t need the accessible boat because they can transfer, and whether or not both boats are running.

Without Fastpasses or using DAS on Jungle Cruise, we have been given a return time ticket for about 10 minutes less than the Standby Wait time. Those written tickets (at least in our experience) have a 1 hour window to use.

Thank you SO much! So it sounds like, even if we don't have FP+ or DAS, because of the mobility issue, we will be given a return time for Jungle Cruise and Small World very similar to a DAS return time? Is this also the case for other wheelchair-accessible rides like Nemo, Figment, Aladdin's Magic Carpets and the Safari? Also, do we need to bring our wheelchair guest to the line with us to get the return time? Or could one of us run over, tell the CM we need the wheelchair ride car and get the return time?

I so appreciate your help!

Thank you SO much! So it sounds like, even if we don't have FP+ or DAS, because of the mobility issue, we will be given a return time for Jungle Cruise and Small World very similar to a DAS return time? Is this also the case for other wheelchair-accessible rides like Nemo, Figment, Aladdin's Magic Carpets and the Safari? Also, do we need to bring our wheelchair guest to the line with us to get the return time? Or could one of us run over, tell the CM we need the wheelchair ride car and get the return time?

I so appreciate your help!
most lines at disney wll handle a wheelchair in lines so you will just get in the standby line or FP if this is what you have the few exsption are small world junger crurse. most of the time when going to get a retrun time the CM will want to see the wheelchair person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!